Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Mo0 posted:

The strangest part of that video is seeing Kevin loving Sorbo there for no discernible reason

It makes sense, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

hangedman1984 posted:

I was wondering about that myself recently, as he always been one of those "secularists are destroying 'murica" and its just now its being .more public, is this a new thing, or is his career just so bad he is going where ever they pay him?

He did have a series of massive strokes and an aneurysm back in the late nineties.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Now guess which political demographic likes to buy pickup trucks.

The CEO of the company I contract for buys a new truck whenever the one he's driving suffers a problem. He's so rich that he just drops cash on a brand new, identical white Ford. His truck always has a permanent new car smell.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He did have a series of massive strokes and an aneurysm back in the late nineties.

His brain is a Sorbo sorbet.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
yo I'm nearly 3k posts behind because work has been consuming every aspect of my life lately; so I nominate ComradeCosmobot to take over for February. All opposed?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Seven Force posted:

Way back but I shook Allen West's hand. :(
How long did it take to wash the blood off?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fried Chicken posted:

yo I'm nearly 3k posts behind because work has been consuming every aspect of my life lately; so I nominate ComradeCosmobot to take over for February. All opposed?

I will sign on as a co-sponsor for this act of impeaching Fried Chicken.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

you don't have to read every post and if you don't want to be the OP you don't have to be. Take a break fry, you earned it

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

Is Fried Chicken appointing a thread tzar? I think its time we seriously discuss the option of impeachment!

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Joementum posted:

Barn jacket owners. People who understand the issues of the ladies. Carpetbaggers. Drunk twitterers.

Are you talking poo poo about barn jackets here? 'Cause them's fightin' words.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder what we should call next month's thread? Could we have a poll?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
US Pol February - Joseph Smith's Dream Dies

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Evil Fluffy posted:

I will sign on as a co-sponsor for this act of impeaching Fried Chicken.

I want to introduce an amendment about the sentiment of the thread...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

1stGear posted:

US Pol February - Joseph Smith's Dream Dies
I will ensure that that stupid dream dies forever if I can become very influential.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Concerning the green eggs and ham thing from the last page, did someone, ANYONE confront him about the meaning of the book he is parodying?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
USPol February: I do not like this federal plan. I do not like it, Obama-I-Am

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Fried Chicken posted:

Wait, you're telling me this now? I haven't even given thought to a new OP! :gonk:

Better get to work, then!

EDIT: Okay, I've got something that will probably work. Expect it up tomorrow.

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 31, 2015

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Politics unusual going on in Washington state:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-washington-state-can-teach-us-about-gridlock-in-the-other-washington/

quote:

The November vote, featuring a turnout 43 percent larger than August’s primary, was a much different election. The district’s modest contingent of Democratic voters, revolted by Didier’s brash brand of politics and encouraged by their own party leaders, supported Newhouse. Meanwhile, moderate Republicans simultaneously promoted Newhouse as a “conservative farmer and businessman” and pummeled Didier as an extremist. Newhouse was sworn into Congress this month.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

effectual posted:

I want to introduce an amendment about the sentiment of the thread...

The gentleman from Let's Play objects to the motion for cloture.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

ComradeCosmobot posted:

EDIT: Okay, I've got something that will probably work. Expect it up tomorrow.

That's really the idea time for it to go up.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

N. Senada posted:

That's really the idea time for it to go up.

UK and Australia are just eager little beavers, aren't they?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rand Paul has a print-out "Liberty" football for you. https://www.facebook.com/RandPaul?v=app_237342086329077

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Joementum posted:

Rand Paul has a print-out "Liberty" football for you. https://www.facebook.com/RandPaul?v=app_237342086329077
Does it have a crack in it?

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Is his campaign motto really "none of us is as dumb as all of us?"

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Grey Fox posted:

How long did it take to wash the blood off?

Never. It never goes away.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rand is RTing people who've put together his football.

Naturally, Rand's football is not inflated.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Question: What was the 2012 equivalent of thisfuckingelection.com?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
80 years ago today Ida May Fuller of Ludlow, Vermont received a check for $22.54 from the federal government, the first of its kind.

"It wasn't that I expected anything, mind you, but I knew I'd been paying for something called Social Security and I wanted to ask the people in Rutland about it."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

80 years ago today Ida May Fuller of Ludlow, Vermont received a check for $22.54 from the federal government, the first of its kind.

"It wasn't that I expected anything, mind you, but I knew I'd been paying for something called Social Security and I wanted to ask the people in Rutland about it."

No don't May, people in Rutland are horrible! :ohdear:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This is also the 180th anniversary of the first attempted assassination of a President, Andrew Jackson. Richard Lawrence fired a shot at him outside the Capitol, but the gun misfired. Jackson then started to beat Lawrence with his cane. Lawrence pulled a second pistol and fired it point blank, but it also misfired.

The Smithsonian later test fired Lawrence's pistols and they both worked on the first attempt without issue.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

silvergoose posted:

I thought you were dead.

Guess you thought wrong.

I apologize for not having responded sooner. I left because the thread was affecting me.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Is that NRA Jesus?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Alkydere posted:

Is that NRA Jesus?

Snake Plissken is NRA Jesus, yes.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Joementum posted:

This is also the 180th anniversary of the first attempted assassination of a President, Andrew Jackson. Richard Lawrence fired a shot at him outside the Capitol, but the gun misfired. Jackson then started to beat Lawrence with his cane. Lawrence pulled a second pistol and fired it point blank, but it also misfired.

The Smithsonian later test fired Lawrence's pistols and they both worked on the first attempt without issue.
Buried lede: Earth-3 President Calhoun. :stare:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Joementum posted:

This is also the 180th anniversary of the first attempted assassinaSoof a President, Andrew Jackson. Richard Lawrence fired a shot at him outside the Capitol, but the gun misfired. Jackson then started to beat Lawrence with his cane. Lawrence pulled a second pistol and fired it point blank, but it also misfired.

So what you're saying is Andrew Jackson was (is???) clearly a witch being protected by the devil

hangedman1984 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 1, 2015

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Nothing in this world could stop Andrew Jackson from killing again and again and again.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Joementum posted:

Be honest Joe: did you only know about this because she lived in Vermont?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Kansas Revenues $47 Million Less Than Expected in January

quote:

But the Department of Revenue said Friday that a key factor was greater-than-expected income tax refunds during the month, with the federal government processing returns more quickly than it did last year

OBAMA :argh:

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I'm more shocked that she has a Wikipedia page in German. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Hahaha, get hosed Brownback.

• Locked thread