Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

zen death robot posted:

Looks like your wish was granted!

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

That said, you can win a free iPods at https://www.freepodz.co

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Who wants to coop this crap? It takes away the helpers and suddenly the game becomes 100x better. So, a less smelly turd!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

metricchip posted:

Look at this jolly motherfucker. How could you ever be mad at a face like that?

He looks like an older version of that one league of legends pro "imaqtpie". kid looks like the missing link.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

liquid courage posted:

for some reason, i always confuse john romero with the singer of korn

Reminds me of this for some reason.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Daikatana?!? I'd rather do something really, really gross and specific than play THIS very bad game !!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Im not that interested in an ipod but hey, if its free...

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Played some more Daikatana last night. I'm glad noclip is bound to the "n" key, because I could not figure out that the switch I had to hit was hidden in a vent in the shadows. This game suffers from some really poor design choices.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Superfly Johnson.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Superfly Johnson.

I have yet to reach either AI partner but I love how the walkthrough on Steam says "Superfly is good at taking commands but no amount of patches will fix Miako"

Also :lol: at the fact that I'll have to basically cheat at points because the game was only tested on the hardest difficulty so some cutscenes and events don't fire on the lower difficulties.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I have yet to reach either AI partner but I love how the walkthrough on Steam says "Superfly is good at taking commands but no amount of patches will fix Miako"

Also :lol: at the fact that I'll have to basically cheat at points because the game was only tested on the hardest difficulty so some cutscenes and events don't fire on the lower difficulties.
You play Daikatana at lower difficulties?

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

metricchip posted:

Reminds me of this for some reason.

your reason is sound

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

FactsAreUseless posted:

You play Daikatana at lower difficulties?

Instead of fighting 5 frogs at a time I'm fighting 3.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Instead of fighting 5 frogs at a time I'm fighting 3.
"3 is less than 5." -- Daikatana design document

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
They probably meant to put four in and got confused.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

the search for frog #4 is on

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

drat about time someone took diakatana down a notch

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

if it was not for op's fresh take on this gem i would never of known that this was a bad game

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

my favorite commentary is when people play bad games a go "ugh what a bad game" "why am i even playing this" "what even" ad nauseam

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

bitch turn off the game

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

CARMACK: What does Daikatana mean?
ROMERO: It means big Japanese sword.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

CARMACK: What does Daikatana mean?
ROMERO: It means big Japanese sword.

Get this, John! It's like two swords together and one, like, supports the other! So, we put really sharp AI in that support you! It's loving KILLER!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Stravinsky posted:

if it was not for op's fresh take on this gem i would never of known that this was a bad game

I like it when instead of people doing this, they play the game even though it's bad, and talk about how it's going.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Stravinsky posted:

bitch turn off the game

No, I'll never be John Romaro's bitch.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I'm like two levels in and I when I'm not getting lost I'm getting killed by frogs and mosquitoes.

I'd quit playing it but I don't want to be John Romero's bitch.

much frogge

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE NAZIS?
daikatana is actually pretty good. the swamp sucks but why are you getting killed by frogs is this your first fps or what

if your wanting to have fun with dk instead of whining/being romeroes bitch fun things to do in ep 1 include

shoot around corners with the green stuff gun until you see gibs fly out

enter a room with >2 guys and try to kill them all with one shotgun burst

detonate grenades by pressing 3 or whatever the gun is assigned to

safe rocket jumps with the shotgun to reach secrets or skip parts of the map

enjoy one of the bestrocket launchers in any game and use it constantly since theres so much ammo for it everywhere

make Sure to level up power as soon as possible or if you really suck and keep dying every additional point in vitality gives +50 hp

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

loga mira posted:

daikatana is actually pretty good. the swamp sucks but why are you getting killed by frogs is this your first fps or what

if your wanting to have fun with dk instead of whining/being romeroes bitch fun things to do in ep 1 include

enjoy one of the bestrocket launchers in any game and use it constantly since theres so much ammo for it everywhere

make Sure to level up power as soon as possible or if you really suck and keep dying every additional point in vitality gives +50 hp

Great job on this post.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Doge vision. The ability to drop Doge into any PC game.

Daikatana: Wow. Such Katana. Dogetana. Much bad. Such rocket launcher

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the Daikatana thread

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS posted:

Doge vision. The ability to drop Doge into any PC game.

Daikatana: Wow. Such Katana. Dogetana. Much bad. Such rocket launcher

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
DukeVision would be awesome, the ability to drop Duke Nukem into any Xbox game.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Gears of Wars: What are you rear end in a top hat doing cowering behind cover? Come out here and be a man, I'm sure there is a med pack around the corner anyway you little babies.

God of War: Hey Bro, heard you can get me into hell, I got a few ex's I wanna look up.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Sir AIDS posted:

DukeVision would be awesome, the ability to drop Duke Nukem into any Xbox game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS posted:

Gears of Wars: What are you rear end in a top hat doing cowering behind cover? Come out here and be a man, I'm sure there is a med pack around the corner anyway you little babies.

God of War: Hey Bro, heard you can get me into hell, I got a few ex's I wanna look up.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sir AIDS posted:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Justin Godscock posted:

a little of too much of what's on his shirt will do that to ya

lint?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

loga mira posted:

god drat dude i like daikatana and even i admit that episode 1 is one of the worst sets of maps made for a commercial FPS game.

play dk without partners, go through e1 to laugh at how everything in it is a failure at every possible level, then actually start enjoying the game when you get to episode 2

• Locked thread