Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I stopped giving books for Christmas because my friends and family are lame and don't read the books I get them.

Got some history books for myself, though. Some Canadian history, because I love it.

The Terror Of The Coast is about a forgotten conflict between Coastal BC First Nations and the BC Government. Between this an the Fraser Canyon War, there seem to be a lot of armed conflicts with BC First Nations the BC Gov't wants to forget about. I'm looking forward to reading this one.

The Great Escape as told through the eyes of the people who experienced it. I've always been fascinated by stories like this from WWII, so again, looking forward to reading this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

no they will not posted:

I got The Perfect Fool by Stewart Lee, and I didn't give any books. I probably will next year, since it's fun to get books as a present.

The book sounds really good and I've been meaning to read it myself.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Metal Loaf posted:

From my parents I got the Dune trilogy collected in a single volume (I've read the first one, but not the sequels) and the Book of the New Sun collected in two.

The first Dune functions perfectly well as a stand-alone story. The quality will continue to dip with each book, but if you want to see the whole story of Paul Muadib, you have to read the first three books. It's a decent trilogy, though Dune Messiah is a massive shift in pace and attitude--so if you aren't expecting that, it can be a massive disappointment. God Emperor Dune, the fourth book, is a nice Coda to the trilogy. They all have some interesting philosophical musings on existence and self.

That's as generous as I'll be. Don't read anything after God Emperor Dune. Ever.

• Locked thread