Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Waroduce posted:

I would buy a book, put me down for one. I'd probably pay upwards of 50$ for an nice coffee table style book, although idk what that sort of money gets you in the publishing world and im flexible

I also have a pretty large file of gip.txt somewhere on one of my hard drives over the last 3 years or so with some humpermonkey/50fa stories if you're interested

I don't have PM what would be a good e-mail address or way to send this file/text if you/someone wants it? does pastebin and such poo poo have a character limit?

I dont care about editing, take all or none.

Shimazu42069@gmail.com tia, would love what you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If you think it would fit into the book I could do a write up on the guy who killed himself on my boat, and the events that lead to it.

http://archives.starbulletin.com/96/09/19/news/story3.html

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1997/Parents-criticize-Navy-over-son-s-death-following-hazing-probe/id-a960f694cf708675f2f83e2623ecdf23

http://www.enlisted.com/rollcall/Opinion_-_Editorials/hazing2.php

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Why are you even asking? Of course you should write about it.

Are there any copgoons in the thread who can get in contact with Whip? A GIP book deserves a forward written by Whip. Kind of like the way dead actors get Academy Awards.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kandak Sayaqa posted:

Why are you even asking? Of course you should write about it.

Are there any copgoons in the thread who can get in contact with Whip? A GIP book deserves a forward written by Whip. Kind of like the way dead actors get Academy Awards.

I've wrote about it at least twice on SA, once in the old GBS thread and once in here. Not sure if it would be in that gip.txt but whatever I did write I could expand on.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Waroduce posted:

I would buy a book, put me down for one. I'd probably pay upwards of 50$ for an nice coffee table style book, although idk what that sort of money gets you in the publishing world and im flexible

I also have a pretty large file of gip.txt somewhere on one of my hard drives over the last 3 years or so with some humpermonkey/50fa stories if you're interested

I don't have PM what would be a good e-mail address or way to send this file/text if you/someone wants it? does pastebin and such poo poo have a character limit?

I dont care about editing, take all or none.

Throw that poo poo on pastebin, I'll read it.

edit: whoops, didn't see the new page.

Serjeant Buzfuz fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 15, 2015

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Master Bateman posted:

Post this tractor.

Thread got archived ages ago, but the blog still exists with all my pictures.

http://electric-massey.blogspot.com

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Slung Blade posted:

This is the only time you will see duct tape on this project, I promise you that. It's legitimate though, this is technically a duct.

best thing to read in a blog about a tractor

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Obama Africanus posted:

Will look for this tonight or tomorrow

Is there a timeline, just curious?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I would definitely buy one of these books if it was under 50 bucks

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
This really needs to be another kickstarter success store.

Maybe Max from TL will poo poo you some dough.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
I would buy one of these so hard for myself, and another one for the loving watch floor up here if it's released before I leave.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Waroduce posted:

Will look for this tonight or tomorrow

Is there a timeline, just curious?

Available for Christmas 2015 is the goal, I figure it'll make for easy goonpiss foddder.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Obama Africanus posted:

Available for Christmas 2015 is the goal, I figure it'll make for easy goonpiss foddder.

I hope your book gets super successful so you can go all Hank Moody except without the baby mama and kid or with if that's your thing.

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.
If this book is like less than $30 and ships to Canada, I'll buy two copies.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Put me down for one, especially if it has the "don't marry intel" post expanded to a chapter.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Yes, I would pay money to read this as well

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Your dumb book full of sa posts is probably gonna suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

So I looked through 3 of my hds but I can only find my current events stuff and like random 50fa posts about the cold war which is more interesting poo poo than funny poo poo :/ I had a hd die that I tossed and I think that's where I had the big file :( apologies

• Locked thread