Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah methinks not. p much the only way im not preordering it is if that stupid internet rumor that you have to play a dude turns out to be true (it wont)

lol look at this post right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Squeezy Farm posted:

type all your thoughts in notepad and then copy them in to one post. no need to spam.

bi

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
"I know preordering here in 2015 is provably for retards only, but I'm gonna do it anyway UNLESS my social justice quotas are not met"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Internaut! posted:

I know preordering here in 2015 is provably for retards only, but I'm gonna do it anyway UNLESS my social justice quotas are not met

lol yeah the fact that i enjoy being able to play as my own gender in other fallout games and would be upset if i were unable to do that in fallout 4 is just a social justice quota

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

like seriously you are aware that ~sjws~ are real people and sometimes have real motivations behind things other than ~feminism~, right?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
i dont care if i play as a girl or guy. wahtever.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Notorious QIG posted:

lol yeah the fact that i enjoy being able to play as my own gender in other fallout games and would be upset if i were unable to do that in fallout 4 is just a social justice quota

Never pay more than so forth etc whatever

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Squeezy Farm posted:

because you are the majority

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah methinks not. p much the only way im not preordering it is if that stupid internet rumor that you have to play a dude turns out to be true (it wont)

but you already said you were definitely preordering it

What could possibly be so great about playing a Bethesda title with no mods and shitloads of bugs, for full price, that it could make you want to preorder it.

e: lol, you pretend to have principles and taste like "if Fallout 4 is a top-down stick shooter crossover with duke Nukem, then I won't preorder it! That's my line in the sand!"

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 5, 2015

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

at the date posted:

What could possibly be so great about playing a Bethesda title with no mods and shitloads of bugs, for full price, that it could make you want to preorder it.

because i really enjoy bethesda games and am willing to pay full price for them in order to play them right away? yeah they always have a bunch of problems but not so many as to ruin my enjoyment of them

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
gameplay>>>what gender your character is

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i like when sjw meant say, someone ranting about how some strawberries didn't have a trigger warning and started a huge campaign against the poster, and now it means "someone cared about a thing"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Squeezy Farm posted:

gameplay>>>what gender your character is

well sure but it would be a huge step back for the series to force a male character on you, and id be really disappointed in that and it would dampen my enjoyment of the game

i still dont think this is going to happen, mind you, but theres a reason i p much only play strategy games that dont have a protagonist at all

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also i love that the attitude is "lol why would you preorder a bethesda game? oh wait no thats not a good reason it PREORDER IT YOU SJW BITCH"

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
:gas:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Notorious QIG posted:

because you are the majority

Squeezy Farm posted:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
by golly, if Bethesda releases one more bug-ridden boring piece of poo poo WITH NO FEMALE PROTAGONIST, then I'm done!!!!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

at the date posted:

by golly, if Bethesda releases one more bug-ridden grindy piece of poo poo WITH NO FEMALE PROTAGONIST, then I'm done!!!!

exactly theyve never done that before and it would make me really upset if they started now

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
hearthstone is not a strategy game btw, it's a mobile game for small children

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

at the date posted:

Mobile *application :eng101:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Yeah, I really have trouble identifying with the protagonists of story-driven games because I myself have suffered a unique identity crisis not shared by mainstream writers, so instead I stick to freeform strategy games like Go Fish FREE! for iOS and Android.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Liver Disaster posted:

that level of misery kind of turns me on

:agreed:

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Squeezy Farm posted:

I just played oldgame Mirror's Edge on PC, where the protagonist is a) female b) asian c) incredibly fit so in other words completely the opposite of who I am in real life

I thought it was a great game regardless, which surely means I am a brutish dinosaur to sophisticated social justice types

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

at the date posted:

i dont disagree with this post

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

at the date posted:

e: lol, you pretend to have principles and taste like "if Fallout 4 is a top-down stick shooter crossover with duke Nukem, then I won't preorder it! That's my line in the sand!"

who gives a gently caress shut up about other people's gaming preferences already

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

thanks for the lols re:star citizen

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Internaut! posted:

I just played oldgame Mirror's Edge on PC, where the protagonist is a) female b) asian c) incredibly fit so in other words completely the opposite of who I am in real life

I thought it was a great game regardless, which surely means I am a brutish dinosaur to sophisticated social justice types

now imagine that 95% of games had faith or a faithlike as a protagonist, and imagine that a game series that you liked in part because you could make your own person was rumored to be forcing you to use yet another faithlike as your character

can you see why you might be, at the very least, disappointed?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Internaut! posted:

Privilege is... the ability to empathize with people of different backgrounds without being triggered

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

spankmeister posted:

who gives a gently caress shut up about other people's gaming preferences already

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Notorious QIG posted:

now imagine that 95% of games had faith or a faithlike as a protagonist, and imagine that a game series that you liked in part because you could make your own person was rumored to be forcing you to use yet another faithlike as your character

can you see why you might be, at the very least, disappointed?

no

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the most famous character in all of gaming, Mario, is non-white and allegedly a homosexual

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
dont preorder videogames you idiots

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Beast of Bourbon posted:

the most famous character in all of gaming, Mario, is non-white and allegedly a homosexual

yoshi's dating a mtf

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
congratulations on being somehow worse than four Chan for three weeks running everyone

you did it

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

if you ostensibly Don't Care maybe stop reminding others of it constantly??

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

corn in the bible posted:

please listen to this spectacled rabbit

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

or do, if you want

it's your money friends

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
how about maybe they should let u pick ur character's gender because thats a pretty loving simple thing to include that's been in every other fallout game and a basic part of most role-playing games

lol bethesda is so dedicated to making braindead babby consolestreamlined rpgs, they're getting rid of a gender switch

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

how about maybe they should let u pick ur character's gender because thats a pretty loving simple thing to include that's been in every other fallout game and a basic part of most role-playing games

lol bethesda is so dedicated to making braindead babby consolestreamlined rpgs, they're getting rid of a gender switch

reminder that it is a rumor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

lotta bad poasts today

primarily mine

• Locked thread