Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Actually I had pretty much the exact same problem. My cats anal glands were full-to-bursting. The vet expressed them and she's been making GBS threads in the box since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

*shrug* vet never looked at my cats anal glands until I went into the vet saying she shat next to the box. He says they were pretty impacted and would probably need to be re-expressed within a few weeks. Sure enough, poo poo on the ground last night. Back to the vet today and they expressed them again, got a good wad out. I'll let you know if she goes back to the box tonight. It's a pretty easy solution if it's the problem, I would recommend trying it first, because it will save you a lot of time and trouble. If it's not the problem, try more boxes/switch litter/run tests.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Anal glands squished, cat making GBS threads in box again. Success on my end.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Vet did it. I asked them to show me how and they said no >:(

I should figure it out though.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

"There is a risk of rupturing the glands"

I guess they were doing internal manipulation, which I'd never do, but seriously. It's ok though, I googled a video. Gloves, gauze, gently squeezing. I can do that.

• Locked thread