Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I jook'd last week so I didn't have to deal with making lunch for awhile while I had a friend visiting, was great. It was great, until I brought some jook in and decided to buy some of the pork from our cafeteria and throw it in there. Then it turned amazing.

I don't know why I never put meat in my jook before, but that blew my drat mind. Time to do pork belly with every jook I ever create!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

What's the best way to freeze congee for future use, is there a recommended way? I froze a bit of my last batch but it ended up slightly more rubbery than its fresh/only refrigerated counterparts. Inevitable?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

BBQ Dave posted:

Made my first Congee just like the OP said and it was drat tasty. It's gonna be a regular! Just green onion, fried shallot and soft boiled egg, but who knows what the future will hold. Thanks!

I need to get on this fried shallot train, and ASAP. Any tips?

Also, what are other great things to add to the jook? I already do pretty quality beef/chicken stock, ginger, and sometimes some green onion ends. I need to step my jook game up hardcore this next batch!

Also I need to jook, hardcore. Think I might do that tonight so I have lunch for the next ~1.5 weeks...

• Locked thread