Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Personally I think Saints Row: The Third is pretty alright at best but the gameplay wasn't very fun compared to either 2 or 4. I think the super powers in 4 made a big difference and it made me laugh consistently more than 3, it felt like the developers had a lot more fun with the fourth game in general tbh. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I love games that give me the feeling that the developers had a blast, it's the same reason I love Viewtiful Joe so much.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

You can press the button and funny things happen.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The dubstep gun unironically owns

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I kind of felt actual delight at the text adventure & the mass effect romance crewmate button.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I paid 5 dollars on steam though I can't imagine paying 60 bucks for super jumps sort of grafted onto saints row 3.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I paid 5 dollars on steam though I can't imagine paying 60 bucks for super jumps sort of grafted onto saints row 3.

its crazy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

i dont think it was ever 60, it was 40, and the devs admitted it was basically DLC for SR3 that they just kept adding poo poo to

even then, it's really good. just that the "super enemies" are really unfun bullet sponges, that dont actually do anything interesting.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Bobnumerotres posted:

even then, it's really good. just that the "super enemies" are really unfun bullet sponges, that dont actually do anything interesting.

Still better than the brutes.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Heavy Lobster posted:

i haven't played 2 but that's because i've only ever heard its praises sung by people who thought it Really Had The Balls to make the boss an unrepentant lunatic instead of a remorseful GTA protag but seeing as I've literally never gotten bent out of shape about the mission/free roam divide in personality in GTA idk if it would stick out to me. also anyone who gets peeved by :siren:LUDONARRATIVE DISSONANCE:siren: tends to have bad opinions to begin with, so

i liked 3 because it really felt like it was just having a lot of fun with itself without being too Wacky like i thought 4 got at times. it was very over the top, but there was kind of an overarching aesthetic to it that i felt got a little diluted in 4.

i mostly like sr2 a lot because the city is really great. they put a lot of detail and personality into it. every district feels very different and there's cool unique stuff all over. def my favorite out of all these open world crime games, and the complete opposite of the sr3/4 city which is the blandest poo poo imaginable.

i also enjoyed that there was more of a focus on driving, because i'm not a fan of when these games turn into a lovely third person shooter. the characters and cutscenes are pretty solid and i like that it feels a bit more grounded in reality than later games, though its still willing to get a bit goofy. the tone strikes a much better balance thats closer to gta san andreas, rather than nonstop krraaazzyy luchador/tron gangs and poo poo. give it a try, though be warned that the pc version is a poo poo port that needs mods to work

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Sharts Row: Twat out of Fail.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
Saints Row 3 is good. Saints Row 4 is also good. I'm looking forward to Saints Row In Hell.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

SR3 and 4 are good in their own ways.

i just wish the gunplay was stronger like GTA's. it feels like you're firing variations of squirt guns the whole game, the explosive weapons being the only exception

lmao if you don't play saints row on easy so you can just punch everyone

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Saints Row 3 is good. Saints Row 4 is also good. I'm looking forward to Saints Row In Hell.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I forgot to buy it on steam during the sale.... sad face

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Looking forward to Gat Out Of Hell because hell yeah who doesn't want to be Johnny Gat?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
saints row 3 is like red alert 2, they started getting more campy and wacky and stuff instead of super serious

not that this is a bad thing, really, it helps make the game more than another GTA clone

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Watch me Swooce right in!

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Wormskull posted:

*screams*

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

oh no, the saints are trapped in a jrpg

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I just finished SR4. i've never played any of the others. had fun, would play again.

big fan of any game where you can freeze fools then punch them and they shatter into a million pieces.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I would love to play Saints Row 4 but idk about $20 for it.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
If someone has SR4 in their inventory, shoot me it and I will comp you a pretty sweet game I have in my inv.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/averagebear/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i goes on sale like every month

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

i goes on sale like every month

yeah, just wait. it goes for five bucks all the time

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
Saints Row 4 wasn't that great and it's really obvious how the decided to slap a 4 on an expansion to 3

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Saints row 2 is like the smb3 of the series. 3 and 4 are like if nintendo decided that they really had something with the doki doki panic angle.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

fap fap fap lol

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Please, my incredible sexual lust and prowess are reserved only for the loosest denny's waitresses that can handle it.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Velthice posted:

Please, my incredible sexual lust and prowess are reserved only for the loosest denny's waitresses that can handle it.

worst post ever?

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Hoodrich posted:

fap fap fap lol

Nice...

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
I m sad the Zeldathon is over

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Fargield posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fargield posted:

Preaching to the choir brother.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm so glad we're getting a story that focuses on Johnny Gat, everyone's favorite character from the saints row series of games

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I'm so glad we're getting a story that focuses on Johnny Gat, everyone's favorite character from the saints row series of games

i am, as well

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

every saints row after 2 is loving garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Scyther posted:

every saints row after 2 is loving garbage.

:rolleye:

• Locked thread