Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Heavy Lobster posted:

i haven't played 2 but that's because i've only ever heard its praises sung by people who thought it Really Had The Balls to make the boss an unrepentant lunatic instead of a remorseful GTA protag but seeing as I've literally never gotten bent out of shape about the mission/free roam divide in personality in GTA idk if it would stick out to me. also anyone who gets peeved by :siren:LUDONARRATIVE DISSONANCE:siren: tends to have bad opinions to begin with, so

i liked 3 because it really felt like it was just having a lot of fun with itself without being too Wacky like i thought 4 got at times. it was very over the top, but there was kind of an overarching aesthetic to it that i felt got a little diluted in 4.

i mostly like sr2 a lot because the city is really great. they put a lot of detail and personality into it. every district feels very different and there's cool unique stuff all over. def my favorite out of all these open world crime games, and the complete opposite of the sr3/4 city which is the blandest poo poo imaginable.

i also enjoyed that there was more of a focus on driving, because i'm not a fan of when these games turn into a lovely third person shooter. the characters and cutscenes are pretty solid and i like that it feels a bit more grounded in reality than later games, though its still willing to get a bit goofy. the tone strikes a much better balance thats closer to gta san andreas, rather than nonstop krraaazzyy luchador/tron gangs and poo poo. give it a try, though be warned that the pc version is a poo poo port that needs mods to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread