Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
i'm buyin that right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am he

dogcrash truther posted:

...there'sa digital version??

i searched it and got a link to the app store and a digital site. it seems to be well received and cheaper than the physical version but digital board games have always seemed weird to me.

treasure bear

one risk board, one monopoly board for each continent to determine economic production in each theatre

ron color

Funnypost Collabo posted:

I'd really like to play galaxy trucker

ron color

Cumt posted:

one risk board, one monopoly board for each continent to determine economic production in each theatre

now i know why you need the treasure....holy hell

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

mods please rename this thread to board games are cool

playground tough
lets play some loving board games, byob

dogcrash truther

i am he posted:

i searched it and got a link to the app store and a digital site. it seems to be well received and cheaper than the physical version but digital board games have always seemed weird to me.

I bought it and played through the tutorial and it's pretty good on my android tablet, definitely captures some of the mad scramble at the beginning

Slybo

I have Hero Quest
Its rad

deep dish peat moss

I just bought Galaxy Truckers on my phone, I hope it is fun to play on a phone.

deep dish peat moss

I played Hero Quest with a friend I had in middle school except he was crazy and super-religious and his friends were weird. One time his neighbor came over and tried to get high by smoking dog poop out of a pool net handle. Well Hero Quest was cool but not cool enough for me to stick around over there. I think I downloaded a pirated copy of the DOS version once

4outof5

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Slybo posted:

I have Hero Quest
Its rad

if its in good shape you may have alot of cash in that box

Reince Penis

by R. Guyovich
We play Catan with strip rules at my house.

Every time you upgrade to a City you take off a piece of clothing.

deep dish peat moss

Galaxy Truckers seems like a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to checking it out against some real players sometime, when I get better at building a ship

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
i have lots of board games and i play them sometimes

eclipse and caverna are both p sweet

tao of lmao

dogcrash truther posted:

catan isn't fun in my opinion, but i think that's because of who i play it with

couldn't you say that of all boardgames?

tao of lmao

No one plays Munchkin?

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP

Dont bully me! posted:

No one plays Munchkin?

i hope not

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

munchkin is Bad

playground tough
i played munchkin one time

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

cutthroat caverns is the fixed and good version of munchkin.

nowadays I have half Ameritrash and half eurogames. Galaxy truckers is good and so is Puerto Rico and race for the Galaxy. anyone here tried splendor? it almost won spiel des Jahres 2014. though I have to catch up with my award winning games cuz I still don't have kingdom builder and that was 2012

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

tao of lmao

Bo-Pepper posted:

munchkin is Bad

wow wtf i think its fun

dogcrash truther
I also think it's fun but I've only played a handful of times

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

no no it's Bad chill la chill is right play cutthroat caverns because munchkin is just random "wackiness"

tao of lmao

oh, i see...

dogcrash truther

Chill la Chill posted:

cutthroat caverns is the fixed and good version of munchkin.

nowadays I have half Ameritrash and half eurogames. Galaxy truckers is good and so is Puerto Rico and race for the Galaxy. anyone here tried splendor? it almost won spiel des Jahres 2014. though I have to catch up with my award winning games cuz I still don't have kingdom builder and that was 2012

My sister gave me splendor for Christmas as well as Machi Koro. Haven't played Splendor but Machi Koro was reasonably fun. Both of them seem kind of like competitive solitaire type games but Machi Koro has dice rolling and a little bit of player interaction so it's enjoyable that way at least.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Dont bully me! posted:

wow wtf i think its fun

there's a lot of posts in the board game thread about it if you want to read why. but in the end it boils to having fun with a good game vs having fun with a bad game (which you can do with a lot of things, I enjoy really lovely music for example but it's still bad). the kill the leader mechanic is p bad when mixed with pure chance and the fixed version is cutthroat caverns cuz there's an element of co-op and push your luck with the backstabbing

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

dogcrash truther posted:

My sister gave me splendor for Christmas as well as Machi Koro. Haven't played Splendor but Machi Koro was reasonably fun. Both of them seem kind of like competitive solitaire type games but Machi Koro has dice rolling and a little bit of player interaction so it's enjoyable that way at least.

dang. that's the prob with a lot of my games cuz I love euro economics farming simulator games but they tend to be more solitaire like dominion. or that they require a lot of thinking so there's not much talking. that's prob why I enjoy carcass one and it's the one that makes it out to the table frequently.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

oh Ya and shogun is the best version of risk. it has brutal soldier attrition and no endless dice rolling due to the unique dice tower setup. you also get to build stuff on top of making dudes. it owns.

dang I care a lot about board games

polishthunder84

You feel it too, don't you?
Anybody here played cosmic encounter? Good stuff imho

Captain No-mates

I used to pay board games a lot like 7 wonders and agricola but there was one dude who put way more thought into everything and took like 10 minute turns and he always won which took some if the fun out of it. Now I have no one to play with.

i am he

Captain No-mates posted:

I used to pay board games a lot like 7 wonders and agricola but there was one dude who put way more thought into everything and took like 10 minute turns and he always won which took some if the fun out of it. Now I have no one to play with.

i'll play with you

saboten

Dont bully me! posted:

wow wtf i think its fun

it is fun! i played with a couple of expansions though and i hated it :\ but then my sister got me the adventure time munchkin for christmas and we played it on new year with my not-nerd family and it was fun again. they fixed it a bunch

thank u bacalou

tao of lmao

Chill la Chill posted:

there's a lot of posts in the board game thread about it

yeah i'm gonna stop you right there

tao of lmao

if you'd like to read more about how poo poo the thing you like is,

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Two pages of board games, you nerd-rear end fuckers?

Captain No-mates

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Two pages of board games, you nerd-rear end fuckers?

Go draw your wife idiot

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Captain No-mates posted:

Go draw your wife idiot

Ok!

inSTAALed

MOP

n'

SLOP
playung twilight struggle and caverna tonight and also buying navajo wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saboten

Captain No-mates posted: