Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Rhyno posted:

Eliza Dushku (Buffy, Dollhouse, True Calling, my fantasies for the last 10 years) has been cast for season 4 as an FBI agent.

Love interest for hood I hope.

Strike Back tomorrow and no thread for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everyone forgot.... Plus we didn't get a whole heap of fanfare about it, it's like Cinemax went "gently caress it, its the last season... no marketing "

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
There is a thread but it claims SB is only coming back late July.

(fake edit: a quick googling says Brits are actually getting it today - now I wonder when it'll be arriving to Hungary)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The teaser said July 20 something, apparently it's airing tomorrow somewhere..... Prepare to have it spoiled USA.

edit: July 31

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 3, 2015

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I binged watched through the third season. gently caress me, what a show. It's a mash up of every cliche in every action movie ever, and it's all held together with glowering. But somehow, it just works. It's the closest we've gotten to a TV show beamed directly from Garth Ennis' imagination. Everyone is a massive badass, there are black ops assassins and super criminals around every single corner. And knife wounds are only as debilitating as the plot requires them to be. That fight between Burton and Alex Longshadow is as impressively stage a fight scene as I've seen on TV. We had to wait two and a half seasons to see Burton fight, and it was worth it.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

I binged watched through the third season. gently caress me, what a show. It's a mash up of every cliche in every action movie ever, and it's all held together with glowering. But somehow, it just works. It's the closest we've gotten to a TV show beamed directly from Garth Ennis' imagination. Everyone is a massive badass, there are black ops assassins and super criminals around every single corner. And knife wounds are only as debilitating as the plot requires them to be. That fight between Burton and Alex Longshadow is as impressively stage a fight scene as I've seen on TV. We had to wait two and a half seasons to see Burton fight, and it was worth it.

Speaking of Garth Ennis, if only we could get a Preacher TV series that was on a premium channel such as HBO or Showtime instead of a basic cable channel where it will be dumbed down and become not really a Preacher TV series at all

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just finished watching all seasons in about as many weeks and I'm hooked now.

This is a great show, just the right balance of action, people beating eachother up violently and cool and fun character moments. I wasn't completely sold on it during the first half of season 1 but it grew on me pretty quickly. Good poo poo and I'm looking forward to next season :allears:

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Just finished watching all seasons in about as many weeks and I'm hooked now.

This is a great show, just the right balance of action, people beating eachother up violently and cool and fun character moments. I wasn't completely sold on it during the first half of season 1 but it grew on me pretty quickly. Good poo poo and I'm looking forward to next season :allears:

Banshee is my favorite show right now, especially since True Detective isn't as good this season as it was last season.

Frankly I was hooked by the first episode of Season 1 and I'm not ashamed to admit that. There's not a single character I don't like, and I like Proctor almost as much as I like Hood. They could do a spin-off with Proctor as the protagonist and I'd watch the poo poo out of it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

life is killing me posted:

Banshee is my favorite show right now, especially since True Detective isn't as good this season as it was last season.

Frankly I was hooked by the first episode of Season 1 and I'm not ashamed to admit that. There's not a single character I don't like, and I like Proctor almost as much as I like Hood. They could do a spin-off with Proctor as the protagonist and I'd watch the poo poo out of it

Proctor could be the protagonist. :v:

He's just a business man who is trying to build a life for himself after leaving his family and church, then this dangerous invincible psychopath shows up and everything turns to poo poo.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He's just a business man who is trying to build a life for himself after leaving his family and church, then this dangerous invincible psychopath shows up and everything turns to poo poo.

Haha yes! The spinoff could just be the same show and all the same events from Proctor's perspective.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Proctor is a little more then just a businessman. In episode 2 he does a literal 'Smithers, release the hounds' on some flunky while eating a steak.

edit: that flunky was Wesley from Daredevil which makes it even worse.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

CeeJee posted:

Proctor is a little more then just a businessman. In episode 2 he does a literal 'Smithers, release the hounds' on some flunky while eating a steak.

edit: that flunky was Wesley from Daredevil which makes it even worse.

Think what he said was just a synopsis of the completely hypothetical Proctor spinoff...in that show, Proctor would just be a simple businessman who has to resort to drastic measures to stop the psycho fake sherriff

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Haha yes! The spinoff could just be the same show and all the same events from Proctor's perspective.

Didn't some goon write a short story about Dr. Robotnik's perspective as a small business owner trying to stop a blue rodent from destroying his factory?

An episode written from the local butcher who sells some drugs on the side struggling against some lunatic new sheriff would be fantastic.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Banshee S4 will be the last for the show. This is a creative-side call; Cinemax did not cancel them. They're going out on their own terms.

Be sad, but not too sad as Quarry (directed by Greg Yaitanes) should hopefully be coming along to fill the "bad motherfuckers who hurt people badly" gap.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This is good news. I'll miss it, but the show told the story it set out to tell and then some, and letting it go out in a blaze of glory is the best possible ending all around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it, I hate when shows don't overstay their welcome and go out on top!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I'll be sad to see it go, especially since this will be the first season I watch live instead of binging.

Incidentally I've noticed the actor who played the Albino in a few other things lately, most notably as a...vicious Nazi inmate on Ray Donovan. I guess everybody has their specialty.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I just finished the last season 3 episode last night. My one complaint for the season is Chayton lived probably 2 and a half episodes too long. The tent scene defanged him and after that it was just me wanting them to get on with it and kill him.

Also Gordon seemed way too willing to just kill a bunch of soldiers.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

ShakeZula posted:

Incidentally I've noticed the actor who played the Albino in a few other things lately, most notably as a...vicious Nazi inmate on Ray Donovan. I guess everybody has their specialty.

There's only so much call for Duncan Goodhew impersonators.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Also Gordon seemed way too willing to just kill a bunch of soldiers.

Everyone is pretty much way too willing to kill everyone else in this show, basically.

I'll miss Banshee. But I agree with the consensus here--it's going out on its own terms instead of getting stupid and repetitive, and season 4 is going to be loving great (I hope)!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

I just finished the last season 3 episode last night. My one complaint for the season is Chayton lived probably 2 and a half episodes too long. The tent scene defanged him and after that it was just me wanting them to get on with it and kill him.

:agreed: That tent scene was pretty stupid because he got away. That really should have been the end for him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jul 30, 2015

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:agreed: That tent scene was pretty stupid because he got away. That really should have been the end for him.

Absolutely not. To that point, Hood was unhappy with what was going on with the Redbones, concerned about their having an arsenal, but was content to let Proctor's crew and them kill each other. It was only after the Cadi that Hood realized who his immediate enemy was, not Kai, with the tent being the moment of declaration from Hood that he's in the game, finally. Having it climax there would have made a sense, but not the type that serialized television thrives on, and it's certainly not the vengeance we know No Name Given to dole out. This is BANSHEE, and no one gets to die without a feast of pain first.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ideally they would have that scene earlier in an episode and kill him at the end then.

By stretching it out so long Chayton's aura just disappeared. He wasn't a threat anymore, it was like Hood finally putting down an old sick animal. If they had been meaning to do that, or were trying to make a statement about revenge or something then fine, but that's not what they did.

And it didn't help that a guy the size of Geno Segers looks silly running around.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Ideally they would have that scene earlier in an episode and kill him at the end then.

By stretching it out so long Chayton's aura just disappeared. He wasn't a threat anymore, it was like Hood finally putting down an old sick animal. If they had been meaning to do that, or were trying to make a statement about revenge or something then fine, but that's not what they did.

And it didn't help that a guy the size of Geno Segers looks silly running around.

An old sick animal that was still fully capable of beating Hood to a pulp, even after being injured

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Anyone going to make a new thread for this or is the name of this one just going to be changed? I'm kind of getting Banshee withdrawals to the point I'm pretty much ready to fire up all my old favorite episodes to give getting my wife interested in the show another (probably unsuccessful) attempt.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Anyone going to make a new thread for this or is the name of this one just going to be changed? I'm kind of getting Banshee withdrawals to the point I'm pretty much ready to fire up all my old favorite episodes to give getting my wife interested in the show another (probably unsuccessful) attempt.

The last season premieres in January. We won' tuned (EDIT: *won't need.* Sorry, my iPad's autocorrect gets real dumb when it runs into contractions) to start thinking about it until then.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 24, 2015

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

The last season premieres in January. We won' tuned to start thinking about it until then.

January?!

:ohdear:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thats bullshit! I want more Banshee now!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hahah I got my dad into this show and he binged through the entire thing in like four days.

God, I can't believe this is the last season. And still barely anyone watches it.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Hahah I got my dad into this show and he binged through the entire thing in like four days.

God, I can't believe this is the last season. And still barely anyone watches it.

Enough watched it that it went on as long as it has, at least

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I binged the whole thing last month. It's excellent. I'm genuinely surprised at how easy it is to care for the ex neo nazi cop, his subplot is maybe the thing I'm most interested in going into the final season.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Bunker is a good dude and I want to see him wreck the poo poo out of his old friends.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm still loving angry about Siobhán. :argh:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

rejutka posted:

Yeah, the viewer already hated the villain with a passion. There was no reason (other than the actress potentially leaving the show) to kill her off.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I need a Season 4 trailer soon.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Coffeehitler posted:

Yeah, the viewer already hated the villain with a passion. There was no reason (other than the actress potentially leaving the show) to kill her off.

I liked Chayton before that. He was a load of fun as a wild card, dangerous and unpredictable, so killing Siobhan really clarified his role moving forward.

Also echoing Deputy White Power being awesome. Bunker's puppy dog demeanor and excellent manners are a wonderful contrast to a heinous history and his new Freddy Kreuger vibe is going to be awesome to watch get splattered with hate monger blood.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
If memory serves, the boom operator posts here so, dude, if possible words to the writers:

Bunker's gonna take on Tank, it's all set up and everything. Please try to out-metal Mad Max: Fury Road. You'll probably fail but, poo poo, no harm in aiming.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

soapgish posted:

I liked Chayton before that. He was a load of fun as a wild card, dangerous and unpredictable, so killing Siobhan really clarified his role moving forward.

Also echoing Deputy White Power being awesome. Bunker's puppy dog demeanor and excellent manners are a wonderful contrast to a heinous history and his new Freddy Kreuger vibe is going to be awesome to watch get splattered with hate monger blood.

But was there any question that Chayton needed to go down from the rest of the poo poo he was pulling? Tensions between the Res and Hood were pretty high purely because of Chayton's antics. If Hood didn't decide to do it eventually, the Res Police force would have had to do something about it.

And yeah, Bunker could pretty easily add a season of entertainment to the show just from a redemption arc for him. This next season is going to be awesome.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

rejutka posted:

if there is ever a point in my life where I am no longer angry about Siobhan, I will know my soul has died and there is no point in continued living

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Still waiting on the Strike Back report there, buddy.

• Locked thread