Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

red19fire posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlnBvrV8IW4

I'm just saying, Swayze :rip: didn't need a hood ornament :v: I think the MMA guy fight was my favorite of the show so far just because I kept thinking :stare: he's not stopping :stare:, but this one was also incredible.

Also, Holy poo poo this loving show. I love Brock's arc of coming around to being a badass rule breaker.

Are the other Cinemax shows this awesome?

Strike Back sure as hell is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

rejutka posted:

Good call, buddy.

KatWithHands posted:

Come back with a trip report when you're done, buddy.

Honestly, since I started watching Strike Back, I can't read the word 'buddy' without hearing it in his voice.

Buddies.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

suddenlyissoon posted:

Wait, you started in season 3? What is wrong with you?!?!

Or he binged it and caught up toute de suite. At least I hope so, for him.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

DivisionPost posted:

In case you guys aren't joking, the original thread title was "Meet the New Boss"; I asked Deadpool to change it last night, shortly after he made that post. So he really did just start.

I wasn't joking, just hadn't noticed there was a TT change.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Crappers posted:

Maybe it's a handy side effect of having seen a lot of those similarly styled horror movies but I had no issues following what was happening and really enjoyed the sequence. Whole season has been fantastic so far. Wish it were longer. On the plus side I've started on Strike Back and it's similar levels of bad arse.

What's up, buddy! :hfive:

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This is Banshee. Carrie would probably bust free and beat up everyone on the helicopter. Then grab Stowe with one hand and lift his head into the rotors, jump off the helicopter while it explodes(of course itll explode) and use what's left of his body to break her fall. And she will still make it to her diner job on time. :colbert:

That reminds me, I should play Just Cause 2 again.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Deakul posted:

So, uh, I started Strike Back and finished season 1 and just started season 2 but had to stop about 20 mins into the episode.
What the gently caress is going on, who the hell are all of these people and what happened to everyone from season 1?!?! :stare:

Don't worry. The change is a good thing. Just keep watching.

Buddy.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Laserface posted:

Wait. How do I properly watch strike back? I watched season one with rick grimes.

That's fine to start with, but the real fun starts once Cinemax takes over. Mind you, it's a completely different show, but it's all the better for it.

Buddy.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

For a show that's only been on for 3 seasons, Banshee is loving dense, it feels like the show has been around for at least 50 episodes. I'm not sad to see it go out in a blaze of glory, and from the previews that's exactly what we'll be getting.

Strike Back I hear has similar action/pacing, from S2 on; c/d?

Go watch Strike Back. Now.

You'll thank us later. Buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Pron on VHS posted:

Strike Back doesn't have much in common with Banshee other than incredible violence and sex. And even the violence is more Call of Duty pew pew poo poo rather than badass brutal fights with a RR hood ornament. Banshee has 10x the plot, acting and characterization, the violence is cooler and hell the girls are hotter. Strike Back is like watching one really long generic FPS video game cut scene.

gently caress you. Them's fightin' words, buddy.

I'll grant you that SB and Banshee are very different shows, but you're really selling SB short. The plots in SB are still pretty good, with a few twists and turns that I didn't see coming the first time around. And it has a poo poo ton of laughs, something which Banshee is fairly short on.

• Locked thread