Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm the seed father of the OG Banshee show thread, and whilst I approve of DivisionPosters efforts, they don't really do justice to the first season of Banshee.

Tbh, it was my first ever thread, and I gambled on not only my own emotions, but those of my contemporaries. The OP might be European, or just a humble dude, joined in the early bloom of SA's fame. But it still feels like he's bullying me in a weird passive aggrieved/aggressive way.

We all like Banshee, but word-spunking with rectanglur spoiler text just sends out the wrong message.

Peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
i) the military base should have been opposite the Bar that Suger and Hood chill out in.
ii) the oriental guy should've been wearing a dress when doing danger hacking.

Personally the head shot bit was excellent (when Hood with a pistol).

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

VDay posted:

osietra is just a loving idiot, hth.
Suck it taste lacker.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

bou posted:

Hey, new intro! Could not decide yet if i like it better or not.

There were a lot of great scenes in this episode. The aforementioned Chayton just owns the screen every time he is on.

/Edit for Gooncammery:

The last thing you see before getting hosed

This is basically the whole new problem for Banshee:
Is this guy gay? He's wearing a PINK SHIRT but also a bow tie. He's MAD gay, and statistically, gay men are much more into bdsm than heteronormative men. Why is that? Who gives a poo poo.

great transition work

No. It looks like he's on an escalator going backwards. Or else they shot that bit in reverse.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Much of this season feels like a pretentious art graduate students wet dream. Too much money skunked away on fancy clever shots, dreamt up after each vape hit.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
And there was pretty much only one overt rape scene so far in the show.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
That was way better than season 2. It felt more confident and the money shot of the multi-screen fight scene in Sugar Fists escape mobile was objectively one of the best bits.

Season 4 won't be as good, because there are serious geography issues with the direction the series is going in. Unless Jowb is being held at a black site SOMEWHERE IN BANSHEE. That would be the best result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Season 4 will be fine if the writers don't go down the route of magical children living under trees.

Having magical children living under trees is not hard fantasy HBO/GRRM.

• Locked thread