Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
This show is way too goddamned good for what it is and I cannot wait for the unholy can of whoop-rear end Hood is about to unleash upon the Redbones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If anything, I'd be worried about them trying to drag it out.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Just what everyone wanted, more Deva plot :jerkbag:

Is it weird that I actually find it interesting how Deva is basically turning into her dad? Like, I don't necessarily think it should be getting this much screen time, but I like where they've gone with it in general and it's not like it's cutting into the Hood beat-rear end that much.

Also, holy gently caress, this show is Spartacus. It has the exact same dynamic of bouncing around between the protagonists' gently caress poo poo up rampages/intensely manly romances and the antagonists' crazy soap opera poo poo. Kai Proctor is just Batiatus in 2015.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 14, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm slightly faceblind and I watched the episode with herbal assistance but I almost thought he was Col. Stowe at first.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Going by next week's preview: looks like a good chunk of it will be shot in first-person.

It may not always work, but I'm happy that the directors and producers have been willing to add so many artsy touches to the show as it progresses, as it keeps the show fresh.

Stop, my erection cannot get any harder.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I guess I'm the odd man out because I am not a fan of the style changes. That season 2 ep they did was boring as hell and didn't work for me at all. Last week's ep with the alternate black and white flashbacks worked though, probably because it was kept to a minimum but because it wasn't as different as the season 2 episode. I just hope whatever they do this week works.

You seriously didn't like the MGS3 homage in the field?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
They're planning for 5 seasons. Also, apparently next season is "giant-sized;" which could possibly mean 90-minute episodes (and an 8-episode season with 90-minute episodes works out to longer than a 10-episode hour-long season).

e: Also, Cinemax greenlit another Greg Yaitanes show, so Banshee is probably going to run as long as the people behind it want it to.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah it could either be that or just season 4 being crazy, but I will poo poo a brick if it's giant-sized in the comic book sense and we're getting 90 minute episodes.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DivisionPost posted:

What's your source, just for the record? You have it handy?

I'm phone posting, but it was on /r/banshee on reddit. Someone tweeted at Greg Yaitanes about season 4 only being 8 episodes and his response was just "Giant-sized." I'll dig it up when I have a computer handy

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I was wrong about who tweeted it.

https://twitter.com/lperistere/status/565940966868008960

This seems to be a director on some episodes of the show, so a semi-legit source maybe.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Honestly, episodes 3 and 5 set a really high bar for this season that it hasn't really topped yet. That said, Kai's romance really works for me, for some reason. I guess it's because of how unlike him it seems; it's always really easy to sell me on a character having hidden depths that are just completely counter to what you'd expect.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
A) Kai is acting in ways that totally bear out what she thinks of him, so her resistance to everyone telling her to stay away makes sense. It also parallels Jason Hood getting involved with Rebecca pretty nicely.

B) How is that a bad thing? :haw:

C) Again, see A, the Kai she knows is not the Kai the audience knows.

e: D) Completely agreed.

e2: Also on the "why did she even marry a cop" thing, keep in mind she was prank-dialing 911 so her ex-husband would come gently caress her on the job, this is not someone with huge amounts of respect for the law.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"Burton's torment turns to resolve."

Oh please god let this be A Fixer of Sorts Pt. 2

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So Chayton is a bad motherfucker and Burton has a lot in common with Walter Peck.

e: what the gently caress is that shot of him taking off his glasses and trying to go super saiyan after Rebecca leaves though :lol:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm not sure to interpret that as him being castrated or him having a micropenis, actually. Rebecca's reaction seemed to be more surprise and amusement than, y'know, "HOLY poo poo YOU DON'T HAVE GENITALS. :stonk:"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I kind of read her facial expression as "...wait, huh?" and then she starts laughing at him like a few seconds later.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think Hood's going to save Proctor's rear end, paralleling the times it's gone the other way around. Alternately Proctor's gonna wreck poo poo.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think the Kinaho are supposed to just be generic pan-Native American, rather than representative of any particular tribe.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The entire point of that scene was that Hood hasn't actually gone soft, as we see later- Col. Stowe thinks he has Hood nailed down, but really, really doesn't, and is gonna get his poo poo pushed in for it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Where did Kai get that SMG during his little escape? Maybe God put it there for you Kai :tinfoil: Also curious to see what Kai will do to Rebecca.

He beat up the guy who was shooting it at him in the previous shot.

The delivery on the last line was perfect. I love this show.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Carrie has her own story that's inherently kind of interesting completely independently of Gordon, though, whereas Gordon doesn't really have anything except "gently caress you Hood" if Carrie dies.

If one of those two is going, it's Gordon.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
That episode description makes it sound like a wet fart. Please don't be a wet fart, Banshee season finale. :(

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hahah I got my dad into this show and he binged through the entire thing in like four days.

God, I can't believe this is the last season. And still barely anyone watches it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Bunker is a good dude and I want to see him wreck the poo poo out of his old friends.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so uh apparently Greg Yaitanes directed a couple direct-to-video action movies back in the 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsHVb_p0cQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GZNHZbG_Y

anyone ever seen these? first one at least looks pretty dope

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Holy gently caress how do I put myself in stasis until January

I don't think I can wait any longer

e: Anna with a flamethrower and Proctor with a loving chainsaw holy god damned balls this is going to be the best thing ever

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Wait what they delayed it?

What the gently caress why

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Also, Yaitanes is only an EP on it, not the showrunner. :smith:

Cinemax does have another 2016 show in the pipe called Rain, about Keanu Reeves as an assassin, and that premise has led to extremely good poo poo recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DivisionPost posted:

Actually I'm pretty sure I heard that Yaitanes directed every episode of the show.

Wiki's just crediting him as EP, but if he did, I'm incredibly excited.

• Locked thread