Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Holy poo poo, that action piece sounds amazing and it's in the premiere?! We all know that Banshee increases the crazy as it goes along, so this season is probably going to be balls to the wall insane. I can't wait until Friday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

hahaha beautiful

"Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo let them Rics Flair man"

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Roundboy posted:

I am only commenting because it happened back to back with the shows I watched... If you are going to threaten someone with the gun, why isn't it loaded. Every time, for dramatic effect, they cycle the slide/pump the shotgun... Loading the round.

I love this show and its competent consultants, but Christ this gets my goat. It happened in 12 monkeys too.. Supposedly the guys are on patrol,gonna shoot at any time, but no, he had to pump a shotgun to be dramatic.

/rant off

This was a slow episode comparatively, but my wife wonders, if hood is such a great fighter, why does proctor give him such a run for his money?

Also that miss :/

Proctor is a badass as well. We've seen him working out on his Mook Yan Jong (wooden dummy) which is often used by Wing Chun practitioners as well as other styles of Kung Fu and Karate. Wing Chun is especially well suited for close quarter fighting with a lot of trapping, redirection, smothering, etc which makes him well suited as an opponent for Hood's style of fighting. /martial arts nerd

I reckon as we go along we'll see more of his skill as Proctor and Burton will hopefully make it to the end of the series for a big balls out super battle royale with Hood.

I have a feeling that there will be an uneasy alliance between everyone in the police station vs Chayton and his gang. Aside from the Native Americans in the jail, everyone there has a reason to side with Hood to at least make it through the assault alive. The former skinhead will likely prove his worth since he wants to be on the police force. Not sure about the random people that came in asking to see Hood. Are they special in some way? I may have missed something with regard to them.

BTW, where was Burton during the Hood/Proctor brawl?

Goddamn I love this show so much.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I really liked this latest episode. I thought the alternate reality in "Hood's" head was really well done. His little "Hey" to Siobhan near the end and the way he was just standing there smiling at her was fantastic.
For scenes like those that feature the real Lucas Hood, what do we refer to Fake Hood as? I don't really like the "fake" handle :(

The scene with twisting the knife into Chayton's leg was loving brutal. How the gently caress is Chayton finally going to go down? I mean, both guys are brutal as hell and nearly indestructible. It will be like an object that can't be stopped meeting an object that can't be moved and either man can be considered one or both of those things. Is it going to take Beast Mode Hood, Burton, AND Proctor forming an uneasy alliance to take him out?

Here's the preview for S3E7 and it looks loving amazing. On paper the first person aspect may sound iffy but it looks like the execution is going to work.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 16, 2015

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Rhyno posted:

I just heard Anthony Starr's real accent for the first time.

His American accent is loving great.

Haha yeah, was just about to mention this. For those interested here is a season 3 preview with him speaking naturally. Geno Segars (Chayton) sounds pretty much the same but it's weird seeing him without his tats and in a ball cap.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Some hints that season 5 might be the last for Banshee. Although I'll hate to see it end, it's nice to know that the creator Greg Yaitanes "always felt it was a five-season show. We’ll know going in that it’s our last season so we can plan appropriately. We do know how it ends.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 15, 2015

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Holy poo poo I am so excited for this, but sad it's the final season (it is, right?). Also, the summary for the premiere looks interesting. Unless the "big bad" of the season changes at some point, it feels like the set up for this season is something we would have seen in earlier seasons Lucas becomes immersed in a new Banshee crisis involving a vicious serial murderer..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Combative arts are perishable skills and yeah, one can go soft if they let their training lapse. As a lifelong martial arts nerd it looks to me like this show uses a lot of Kali and Silat in its fight choreography and that stuff is especially intricate and complex.

I'd love to see more of Hood's prison years; I thought I read somewhere a long time ago that the Albino was going to be seen again and I hope that's true but who knows.

• Locked thread