Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
osietra is just a loving idiot, hth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
His "hold onto that" line had me thinking that maybe he knew about a retaliation hit from the neonazis or something that was going to happen. I'm kind of expecting the new guy to get killed/shot in the next few episodes with the way things are going, so maybe he'll just take his place.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Banshee renewed for fourth season, will be 8 episodes instead of 10.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

...! posted:

It looks like I'm going against the popular opinion here but I hated this episode. It's the only episode of the show I haven't liked. The funky cameras made it hard to tell what was going on and as an added bonus it gave me motion sickness. I'm one of those people who threw up after seeing The Blair Witch Project. It wasn't fun then and it wasn't fun tonight.

I didn't quite hate it, but I'm with you in that it was by far my least favorite of the season. I basically didn't really like any part besides the heist, although that did turn out better than I thought it would. I think they could've used a lot more soldiers chasing after them, or maybe just more gratuitous tracers flying past Hood & Co's cameras to make it feel like they're actually under fire. Instead it was just kind of repetitive shots of Hood pointing his gun at 2-3 soldiers who we can't really see because of the camera quality. Just didn't quite have the effect they were going for in those parts, although like I said the overall heist was still great (even if their plan could've been made about 100 times safer if they had just brought like 2 smoke grenades).

Everything else in the episode just didn't do it for me though. Deva's storyline went away from the interesting angle of her following in her mom's footsteps and temporarily turned into the cliche troubled teen we've seen a thousand times, except taken to the Banshee extreme so that the guy isn't just a douche but also has fight clubs in his pool for some reason. My favorite part was how his buddies actually started the fight with Carrie by shoving her and throwing the first punch. Like, really? You were just planning on beating the poo poo out of your friend's girlfriend's mom in front of everyone because they came to get her? Even for Banshee that was a bit too much, although the actual fight was certainly well executed.

And then Kai and Chayton's storylines just both felt like filler this week. Kai's romance is boring and cliche as all hell ("I know you're evil but there's totally good in your heart I love you.") while Chayton's was mostly just nonsensical. ("I know you're evil and you literally just threatened my life but I'll just patch you up because I don't care about dying.") Speaking of nonsensical, Rebecca's continuing dive into full-blown crazyville is kind of weird, but at least it's a new direction for her character. But boy that scene with the Salvadorian gansters. I'm sure the staff did their homework and all those face tats were authentic, but in a show with Kai and Chayton as the main protagonists, those gangsters might as well have driven up in a clown car and tumbled out.

Looking forward to next week though, especially Hood and Brock's fun time happy road trip.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
She was John's wife on Person of Interest, but yeah she's been in a ton of stuff so there's a good chance you recognized her. Shame they just had her in three quick scenes.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The original is more like a long movie. It's got its moments, but doesn't match the Cinemax version's roller coaster of action. Probably worth watching over a weekend or something to binge if you get bored.

e: /\/\ Welp there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I had actually forgotten that Billy survived Chayton's attack on the station. That was a weirdly unceremonious way to announce that oh hey, he's fine and has already healed from his gunshot wound.

Also Max must be pretty loving confused considering that his mom, dad, and sister are just randomly out of the house or missing for like 24 hours at a time. Poor kid.

• Locked thread