Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Strike Back doesn't have much in common with Banshee other than incredible violence and sex. And even the violence is more Call of Duty pew pew poo poo rather than badass brutal fights with a RR hood ornament. Banshee has 10x the plot, acting and characterization, the violence is cooler and hell the girls are hotter. Strike Back is like watching one really long generic FPS video game cut scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I skipped the british season 1 and started with the Cinemax reboot, watched 2-3 seasons. I enjoyed it for sure, but it was the kind of TV you put on while playing a game on your iPhone. Yeah the heroes do lots of cool stuff with big black guns but I can't remember a single cool action scene or moment from the show whereas Banshee has like 6-10 amazing fight/action scenes that are hard to forget. You are right that it does have more comedy than Banshee though

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I felt a bit annoyed how the last season retconned/shoehorned in a Hood backstory where he is some special ops military assassin. It kinda contradicts the whole "Hood learning how to fight in prison so he can take on the Albino" backstory, unless they reveal that his role in the military was flying choppers or something?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah maybe, still, I got a feeling that his prison time is what turned him into a hardened and talented fighter/killer/badass, and before that he was just a baby faced thief

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah I guess there's also that scene where the balding cop goes "that wasn't a fight, that was combat"

Anyways coolest show ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah that all makes sense. I seem to remember Hood's flashbacks in prison being similar to the guy in Oldboy, where he uses his prison wall to learn how to box. I just sorta inferred that he went into prison as a pure thief and emerged as an all-around badass. I liked that backstory better than knowing that Hood already was a badass prior to even being a thief, but its not a big deal and I love the show. I do hope that they focus more on the present than on his military past

also I know in real life being in the military doesn't make you a super marksmen/martial artist/etc., but in TV/movies saying a character was in "special forces" is shorthand for saying this guy is basically Batman

• Locked thread