Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I just marathoned this show in the span of about a week and a half. It's kind of ruined other shows for me. No one ever gets their throat ripped out or gets decapitated by a semi on Luther, what's even the point of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I have not seen Strike Back. I should fix that.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

When Banshee ends, Antony Starr should walk straight into this costume.

poo poo yes. Starr even looks like a younger Ray Stevenson, that's basically canon right there

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

If he's worrying about realism during Banshee, he's already hosed up

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

C'mon Hood, how could you loving miss at that range. :commissar:

Next episode is going to be loving crazy. Kill em all Chayton!

Every time Hood and Proctor clash it is metal as gently caress.

I am terrified Siobhan is going to get dead now.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Some Zero posted:

gently caress

this x100

goddamnit

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

lol. but on the other hand, gently caress

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Yeah, the little bit of shading they've given to Chayton through Aimee and Nola has been surprisingly effective. Banshee doesn't do a lot of character development, but what they do is usually pretty good.

And Proctor is the greatest TV antagonist since Al Swedgin. Can't wait to see his escape from the Cadi from his perspective.

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Feb 10, 2015

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

How many Redbones are there anyway? It seemed like there were maybe 15-20 at first, but Proctor and Hood have burned through so many of them and they keep respawning

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

8 eps wtf

Yodzilla posted:

They're being pulled from the same dimension as the infinite cultists from The Following.
hahaha

madpanda posted:

Is this just like "ok this happened offscreen and is demonstrated by reactions attitudes and dialog" or is it the in your face lets spend 5 very disturbing minutes on a sexual assault?
There's one fairly disturbing sexual assault in episode 3, but I can't think of another one. It's disturbing but not especially graphic; nothing, including episode 3, is going to go all Irreversible on you or anything. Other than that, there's a lot of veiled sexual threats but nothing I can remember that's incredibly overt.

That said, your entire post makes me think this is not the show for you.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Oh man, how did I forget about the bikers and the schoolteacher thing? The schoolteacher thing especially was so loving pointless.

DivisionPost posted:

But yeah, Banshee is a show that's all about over-the-top indulgence. The sex is over the top, the violence is over the top, the characters are over the top. By all means, give it a try if you're curious, but there's a nonzero chance you'll find it too trashy (for want of a better word) for your tastes.
Couldn't have said (and in fact, didn't say) it better myself. Show owns bones, but it's not for everyone

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

am0kgonzo posted:

or maybe just don't watch banshee

Nah

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

"I'll have your badge for this, fucker."
"Get in fuckin' line."

:allears:

Also, I just found out this episode that there's stuff after the credits. Now I have to go back and rewatch everything

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Rebecca don't want your forgiveness. :colbert: Rebecca has been acting like she is hot poo poo so far this season so being put in her place was pretty deserved. I wonder if she is plotting some kind of payback against Kai for the little callout she got tonight or if she is going to fall farther(or both).
That look after Kai left made me think she is going to make a coat out of Emily

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Kai Proctor is just Batiatus in 2015.
Hahaha

I didn't think anything could make me love this show more, but here it is

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

pahuyuth posted:

Haha yeah, was just about to mention this. For those interested here is a season 3 preview with him speaking naturally. Geno Segars (Chayton) sounds pretty much the same but it's weird seeing him without his tats and in a ball cap.

Haha, they don't flash Ulrich's name until 10 seconds before the video ends because that's the first time he says anything

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

They're planning for 5 seasons. Also, apparently next season is "giant-sized;" which could possibly mean 90-minute episodes (and an 8-episode season with 90-minute episodes works out to longer than a 10-episode hour-long season).
my boner is like a california redwood

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Stowe juggernauting his way into the truck and beating all of their asses was incredible. They made him look as scary as Chayton in the span of like one minute.

Rhyno posted:

Considering he was sitting in the vault with no sign of wounds I'm assuming they were riot rounds. They wanted to rob the place, not murder everyone on the base right?

every major character on Banshee has some sort of mutant healing power

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I like to imagine when Rebecca reached into Burton's pants he was smooth as a ken doll down there

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm not sure to interpret that as him being castrated or him having a micropenis, actually. Rebecca's reaction seemed to be more surprise and amusement than, y'know, "HOLY poo poo YOU DON'T HAVE GENITALS. :stonk:"
BANSHEE S3: I can't tell if he was castrated or has a micropenis

Honestly, on first watch I thought he was just :flaccid:, but on rewatch she seems kind of horrified. IDK what's going on down there but it ain't good

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Only on Banshee could we describe the guy who just hunted down another man and removed half of his head with a shotgun as going soft

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Everything about Proctor setting those dudes on fire and walking away in slomo was so cheesy and over the top and something a 14 year old would think was cool and I loved every goddamn second of it

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Sugar seems like the most disposable of the Hood Gang, but he and Job are too great together to split up and I think the show knows it. I could see Rebecca, Gordon or Ana biting it though

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Niwrad posted:

Do we know who the Mayor of Banshee is these days?
Not sure if you're joking, but it's Gordon

I agree that Siobhan is probably it as far as majors go

Also he's totally going to nail reservation deputy next year

life is killing me posted:

Plus, I mean, who really likes her character anyway? Yeah she's badass but inconsistent, and another thing I've noticed (that in my weird mind supports my above theory) is that she hasn't really been a big player this season other than to date Stowe in the beginning of the season and then help steal all his money.

It seems to me like they are phasing her out in preparation to kill her off.
I still like her but yeah, it seems like the show doesn't really know what to do with her and her storyline's just drifting. It'd still be a pretty huge move to kill her off.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I do like that they change up the intro credits once in a while. Colonel Stowe playing with his ring and it keeps getting bloodier and bloodier till it popped his finger off.
I usually rewatch them a few times before I continue with the episode to figure out what they're hinting at. They telegraphed Gordon's death in Carrie's (and sort of Gordon's) intro this week.

Gordon saving hood from the rooftop and then staring disdainfully down at him owned. Gordon owned. Mayor of Banshee is a lovely post to fill

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Cuntpunch posted:

All of this becoming a virgin mary statuette, as Kai repairs his relationship with his family

The intro is just goddamn amazing and if you aren't watching it, in full, with attention, every episode you're missing out.
And then after all that, it ended up in the trash.

Last week Gordon's picture reappeared in Carrie's intro polaroid because they were reconciling, and then it flickered out of existence this week :rip: Also Gordon's picture is usually (edit: going back I guess it's not, actually) an inoperable gun, but it was put together this week with the Marine's Hymn written on it.

The effort and attention they put into telling a story and foreshadowing events through gradual changes is pretty amazing. I could sperg over the credits for pages. I won't though, I promise.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

That grin at the end by Proctor makes me hopeful that they'll become a real team, finally.
I would be way more interested in watching Hood/Proctor form the Banshee Axis of Evil than Hood vs Proctor, honestly

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 14, 2015

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

When he takes off his glasses, he's working for the masses!

Vote Burton for Mayor!

how is the DA in the main credits but Burton is relegated to the end credits? I forget the DA's even in the show 90% of the time

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Awesome!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

rejutka posted:

I'm still loving angry about Siobhán. :argh:

if there is ever a point in my life where I am no longer angry about Siobhan, I will know my soul has died and there is no point in continued living

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I keep meaning to start it but then I get distracted. I will remedy my shameful ways

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Deakul posted:

Looks like it is really April 1st.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrVQqlDda_4

gently caress

what the gently caress, Cinemax

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Season 1 is where I keep stalling on the show too, it's so boring

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I mean, I'd let Eliza use me as a toilet so I really have no complaints.

dude, gross

but also, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I refuse to waver from my belief that his name being Gaaaaaaaaaary is canon

• Locked thread