Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
they changed their design to 2015 style. everything's really big and blocky and gradients are highly looked down upon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
agreed. everything takes up too much space and is harder to navigate

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

akadajet posted:

nice non-minified js noobs

haha oops

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
what's the deal with all the colorless imagery/design?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Jonny 290 posted:

it allows them to do overly busy imagery/design and grayscale it, then whatever you're moused over POPS IN COLOR so their design interns get to do lots of work but they don't make readers eyes bleed

those rectangular graphics don't pop in color when moused over

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

awwwwwwwwwwww, snap. that's what i get for using safari.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

akadajet posted:

mobile safari?

no the latest safari on the latest yosemite. works for you? i've been having other weird stuff going on especially on these forums and i tested without extensions running

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i'm seriously considering subscribing to a newspaper and go full-on dad-style in the morning eating breakfast and reading it. any rare chance i look through one, i find it to have news that's a lot more interesting and informative with better writing. there's also no annoying distractions to waste my time or videos that autoplay

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

pram posted:

yeah and you can also start hoarding them. and one day they will hopefully collapse and crush u to death

:unsmigghh:

Squinty Applebottom posted:

lol if you don't have a NY times digital subscription

someone told me this is the best newspaper ever. i think it's 200 something a year in physical form, but i dunno it would be pretty weird on my e-reader to navigate through all that poo poo i imagine

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Jonny 290 posted:

i drove my mother crazy rattling off the RDA of riboflavin in my morning chex or w/e until she got a subscription to the paper

then she got the dow jones average and select classifieds

HE'S DOING IT AGAIN!! WHY IS HE SO OBSESSED WITH NUTRITION INFORMATION!!??

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

theadder posted:

why would you read cnn lol

i have no idea

it's in my circle of 3 things to check up on that never ends: SA, Facebook and CNN. i usually end on CNN right before i go to bed and it's almost always really depressing

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

it just keeps on mutating every cnn update

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
the mouse over color of the giant headline is really ugly. it should just GLOW or something

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

MrMoo posted:

The news ticker is a pretty bad web-dev hack, Safari is like 30-40% idle. Even I can do better than that.

I guess Google broke their developer tools again as I cannot see the ticker elements scrolling :crossarms:

they use a hacked marquee tag (very deprecated) that's controlled by javascript

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

MrMoo posted:

I think they have a different implementation under the TV feed, the home page was easy to find, not a marquee element, and the left attribute constantly changing.

yeah i was just kidding. sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
tech news headlines are kinda wacky today

• Locked thread