Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
there's already a goty edition for bl1 so this should be more than just a "base game with all dlc" package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Vargs posted:

i dont understand how anybody could prefer borderlands 1. all the areas looked the same, there were like 5 types of enemies, was cool at the time because there wasnt anything else similar, but now? gently caress that game. bl1->bl2 was as big of an improvement as assassins creed 1->ac2

mr sad posted:

i feel like 2 was better just on level design alone, never mind the other improvements. 1 was just mesas and deserts forever.

:agreed: bl2 had way better and more varied level design and better enemy/bosses. but like others said, BL1 did have a more fun weapon system, BL2's felt mostly the same and predictable though some of the legendaries (bee) were cool but gearbox thinks their game is a loving MMO so you only see like 1 for every 20 hours which is retarded and reminded me of early D3 item-design.

anyways this does seems like a cash grab. Pre-Sequel also kinda sucked because it had some of the same lovely repetitive level design from BL1, exact same weapon system as BL2, and less interesting cast. anyways they're decent/good games for playing co-op w/ friends but I don't think I could play any of them single-player.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thank god they made those characters central to the sequel, where they were immediately interesting and memorable.

torgue and scooter are cool

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vargs posted:

torgue and scooter are cool
I meant the four PCs.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sometimes less is more and I think Borderlands 1 is a good example of that writing wise.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Sometimes less is more and I think Borderlands 1 is a good example of that writing wise.

who cares about the writing in a loot game though

seeing "nine-toes (and also has three balls)" for the first time was pretty great though

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

seeing "nine-toes (and also has three balls)" for the first time was pretty great though

General Knoxx was pretty good as well.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Eonwe posted:

This would loving ownnnn

*Kills you execution style with the Max Payne Dual Wielded Berettas*

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

*Kills you execution style with the Doom 2 Super Shotgun*

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sir AIDS posted:

This is an honorable way to go for a Gamer.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Sir AIDS posted:

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Ok, Yeah. But you have to admit that the first time you heard the funny robot sing and dance was loving awesome

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
"remastering" bl1 probably means making it loving poo poo with weapon drops + adding in the stupid scaling from bl2 and afterwards so i hope they never do it

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i mean gently caress, what else is there to remaster, borderlands still looks and plays jsut fine

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Remember when the Claptrap wrote the gamers an apology note for Borderlands 1, saying it's all been fixed for 2, even though all of the changes they were bragging about had been part of games for about 10 years already. Change your FOV from the options menu! Weapon statistics now fully visible! Steamworks! Even Moar of a BAZILION GUNS!!! :buddy:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
p.s: we're also doing silent balance changes like we're running a loving mmo and we made it so if you want to see any of the "fun" loot then you need to play for 42069 hours or use cheat engine to tweak droprates

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Sir AIDS posted:

Ok, Yeah. But you have to admit that the first time you heard the funny robot sing and dance was loving awesome

Claptrap is badass.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's going to be Borderlands but for PS4 and Xbone. Probably nothing new.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sword_man.xmas posted:

p.s: we're also doing silent balance changes like we're running a loving mmo and we made it so if you want to see any of the "fun" loot then you need to play for 42069 hours or use cheat engine to tweak droprates

i never understood the insane drop rates, i heard they weren't any better in pre-sequel either. just what the hell?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bobnumerotres posted:

i never understood the insane drop rates, i heard they weren't any better in pre-sequel either. just what the hell?

they weren't. infact they felt rarer and the loot pinata bosses were almost non-existant so you didnt get jackshit from bosses in p-s. randy pitchford literally believes their game is an mmo and they can make $$$ by selling diamond platinum loot boxes and poo poo to more people with money than sense

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
if you look at the values for the drop rates for the pre sequel in cheat engine they're exactly the same as the ones in BL2.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

So they hosed up a game that's set on the moon? Sad times.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pewdiepie posted:

Claptrap is badass.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meAWiISW3_0

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Xaris posted:

they weren't. infact they felt rarer and the loot pinata bosses were almost non-existant so you didnt get jackshit from bosses in p-s. randy pitchford literally believes their game is an mmo and they can make $$$ by selling diamond platinum loot boxes and poo poo to more people with money than sense

Yeah they really want to make money on the loot boxes that's why they keep leaving poo poo wide open to mod the drop rates and only sell the boxes every once in a blue moon as limited editions.

Non respawning bosses is bullshit in PS but at least they're fixing that which is nice. They upped the rate on vending machines of all things but not encounters which is dumb as hell. they also had it for awhile where you couldn't grind golden key purples. They seem to be walking back a lot of that but it was really retarded especially at first.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Non respawning bosses is bullshit in PS

Wait, what were you expected to do for endgame then?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Really struggling to understand why people played the 14 sequels to this game considering what rear end the first one was. Like what the gently caress.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Heavy Lobster posted:

Wait, what were you expected to do for endgame then?

There is no endgame unless you buy the holodome dlc for 10 bucks. Someone bought me the season pass for Christmas and I have yet to try the "endgame arena" because the concept is just dumb to me.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Really struggling to understand why people played the 14 sequels to this game considering what rear end the first one was. Like what the gently caress.

For me it was usually splitting a 4 pack among friends to play with. I played with the same group of friends for 1 and 2 and most of the pre sequel and it was fun. You can take almost any lovely game and make it fun with friends though so that's not saying too much; we even had a good time with Dead Island.

Pre sequel is the only one that we all kind of went eh on by the end of it. It was just too much of the same stuff without any cool endgame to play around with your friends in.

There's a limit to how far co op play will carry a game's enjoyment and they hit it with pre sequel especially at the price they want for it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

There is no endgame unless you buy the holodome dlc for 10 bucks. Someone bought me the season pass for Christmas and I have yet to try the "endgame arena" because the concept is just dumb to me.

For me it was usually splitting a 4 pack among friends to play with. I played with the same group of friends for 1 and 2 and most of the pre sequel and it was fun. You can take almost any lovely game and make it fun with friends though so that's not saying too much; we even had a good time with Dead Island.

Pre sequel is the only one that we all kind of went eh on by the end of it. It was just too much of the same stuff without any cool endgame to play around with your friends in.

There's a limit to how far co op play will carry a game's enjoyment and they hit it with pre sequel especially at the price they want for it.

do you ever play not lovely games

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

elf help book posted:

do you ever play not lovely games

I'm revisiting FF13 right now and tempted to try out one of the older SMT games since I can't for the life of me figure out how to kill Beezlebub on hard difficulty in SMT IV.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
cool

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I only play lovely games

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

There is no endgame unless you buy the holodome dlc for 10 bucks.

lmao

AHungryRobot posted:

if you look at the values for the drop rates for the pre sequel in cheat engine they're exactly the same as the ones in BL2.

lmaaooo

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 6, 2015

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

There is no endgame unless you buy the holodome dlc for 10 bucks.

:holymoley:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

why do you people even need an endgame. just play through the story, maybe a second time on NG+, and then stop. maybe pick it back up a few years later and do it again as a different class. same goes for diablo and all these other loot games. grinding the same poo poo over and over for a million hours is insane

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Vargs posted:

why do you people even need an endgame. just play through the story, maybe a second time on NG+, and then stop. maybe pick it back up a few years later and do it again as a different class. same goes for diablo and all these other loot games. grinding the same poo poo over and over for a million hours is insane

it can be fun if theres unique poo poo to do at the end

path of exile has a ton of post-game content, exclusive dungeons and bosses, cool items, etc. that are only available in the end-game

i believe BL2 had a raid boss but when the drop rates are so horrible theres not much of a point

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Apparently the ratings board for Australia had this title pop up (it's gone now). I hope it's a remastered version of BL1. I bet it won't be but I can hope. I've been playing through the first one lately and it's still incredibly fun (if anyone ever wants to play just lemme know and I'll host a game).

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

AHungryRobot posted:

anyone who thinks the drops (rate and scaling) in bl1 were better is an idiot

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Relin posted:

anyone who thinks the drops (rate and scaling) in bl1 were better is an idiot

at least in bl1 you didnt get loving murdered by enemies the same level as you if you didnt grind 3 hours for some bullshit blue weapon that was going to be obsolete in four or so levels. it takes bl2 pt2 enemies like three shots to down you no matter your build or character while they shrug off anything that isn't from a slagged blue gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

closeted republican posted:

at least in bl1 you didnt get loving murdered by enemies the same level as you if you didnt grind 3 hours for some bullshit blue weapon that was going to be obsolete in four or so levels. it takes bl2 pt2 enemies like three shots to down you no matter your build or character while they shrug off anything that isn't from a slagged blue gun

yeah, in NG+ i was the tank class and i was specced to be especially tanky and i was still brutally killed by everything in an instant while all the enemies were massive bullet sponges, and on top of that if you didnt use the right element (electric vs. flesh, non-acid vs armor, etc.) you just did 0 damage because gently caress you

NG+ could've been really cool with all the new enemy and loot types they added in but nope they made it as lovely and insanely hard as possible and then the loot rates are terrible

• Locked thread