Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thehomemaster
Jul 16, 2014

by Ralp
Just finished Guns of August. Great book, it really...

Wait, I'm late, aren't I?

Anyway been meaning to read this for a while so have bought. Get some discussion going. Very whimsical so far, delicious turns of phrase.

The book on Khan looks good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehomemaster
Jul 16, 2014

by Ralp
How about from the whimsical to the practical?

Discover your inner economist : use incentives to fall in love, survive your next meeting, and motivate your dentist

Have enjoyed Invisible Cities, but need to be focusing in order to read it...

Also, some cities are better than others.

thehomemaster
Jul 16, 2014

by Ralp

sebmojo posted:

This book is extremely my poo poo. I find it best to read each city as a sort of puzzle, but not one that had a definite solution but rather one that works for you. Read a few pages then start at the wall and let it settle.

Argh, see yeah this is probably true and I should tackle it again in this way.

But.

I just didn't dig it. Whether I'm too dumb, too impatient or otherwise I can't say, but it didn't connect save for a few exceptions.

thehomemaster
Jul 16, 2014

by Ralp
Started watching Marco Polo on Netflix last night. As in, the gf turned it on while I was engaged with my iPad.

Perked up at the mention of Kublai Khan and then Marco giving a descriptive spiel.

• Locked thread