Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I thought this would be the year that KU learned how to defend the perimeter, but sadly, that is not the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

anne frank fanfic posted:

has no one watched bball before, the undefeated team always loses in the tournament, so keep being undefeated kentucky, gently caress you baylor always beats you except that one year we didn't but whatever

Except UK is going to drop some bullshit game near the end of their conference run, thus insuring them the championship, and then I go numb like some hiker stranded on the side of Mount Everest.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Baylor-Kansas is really drat good

It is, but woof, both offenses.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

<3 y'all for providing him. He's gonna revive Wake Forest hoops, I honestly believe this.

Sorry he couldn't bring you the Miracle tonight, but there's years left on his contract. :)

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He's gonna leave us eventually isn't he :(

Well yeah, most coaches do. But that hasn't stopped Iowa State from having fun in the meantime, and so on and so forth, so you should just enjoy it while you can. One day, Self is going to ditch Kansas for the Thunder, where he'll proceed to flame out and then coach Oklahoma State, but in the meantime, buncha conference championships. Go with the flow.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like Kentucky is deliberately playing lovely against Ole Miss, Columbia, and now Texas A&M to make the high profile teams they beat like Kansas, Texas, and UCLA look like poo poo.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Also I hope I don't have to do postgame with Mulkey because she's one of the most miserable assholes I've dealt with in any sport.

Mulkey?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I thought the name sounded familiar, I just didn't know that was who WVU was playing in women's.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kentucky gonna win with an entire squad fouled out.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Aggies, you dumb.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Lessail posted:

it'll never happen when you hope for it

only when you give up and say it is impossible will it happen

Sometimes before then, but rarely.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kansas managed to beat a team handily instead of letting them stick around for most of the game, so that was nice, a good day indeed.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Rush that loving court.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Today we are all Wolfpack

I'm gonna go hang out in Raleigh right now. What a good day.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Second half highlight so far: officiating crew giving Huggins a hand to the face because they're bad and they know it

Some sassy refs there.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe Oklahoma isn't that good, the first clue being losing to Bruce Weber in the third year of his contract.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Outscored UCLA in the first half, that's enough for me.

Mizzou is really bad and Kentucky is really good, it's not like we didn't know that going in.

Yeah, but most teams that are bad have some word inverse energy against Kentucky and are able to take them to the limit (for a half anyway). I'm not saying this just to be an rear end, but I really don't think Anderson has Mizzou prepared for major conference play.

Though, to be fair, maybe it's just Kentucky finally realizing they shouldn't treat anyone as a cupcake.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think it was a good idea for Mizzou to give Anderson four years. Three, okay, but four is way too much of a commitment to what amounts to a panic hire (and who can blame panicking when your coach just sends you a text and heads to Tulsa).

Speaking of ex-Big 12 things, I know Angel Rodriguez's stated reason for transferring to Miami was because of homesickness, but I can't help but thinking if Frank Martin had stayed, then having a fellow Puerto Rican around would've helped him. Seeing Angel kick rear end against Duke right now just shows how much Martin leaving hosed up K-State.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The only thing NC State can hit is layups, and who knows if that will keep up. This is epic levels of cold shooting.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mons Hubris posted:

gently caress this State/UNC game, this is horrible to watch in every way. Maybe Turner can get hot in the second half.

I mean, it's not a murdering yet. They're down 5 and were earlier playing pretty good defense.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Team's gotta heat up at some point, right?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

In the contest of mindnumbingly stupid coaches, Mark Gottfried made his case solidly over Scott Drew tonight.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Sure, but then the game was tied or within one score for the entire final minute or so and we didn't make any uniquely bad decisions like having horribly thrown inbounds passes or forgetting how much time was left like we usually do

Told ya that Mark Gottfried had won out on the stupid coaching battle.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

anne frank fanfic posted:

baylor has the worst ft% in the conf after tcu

plus its no big deal to lose to the best team ever, you guys played well despite being such a small, poorly ranked, bad team with low expectations. beat kansas for us next week

Kansas will foul the poo poo out of Iowa State without a whistle getting blown, ISU will bitch and moan and forge an apology letter for the Big 12 to pin on their wall while KU laughs and laughs and fouls out four of their players in the national tournament first round and lose.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This team is underwhelming enough to wait to take that poo poo until the final game against Kentucky.

Again.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Thoguh posted:

Checking in bright and early to say gently caress a Jayhawk. God bless.

Hatred of good things will get you nowhere in life.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 17, 2015

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Baylor, why.

Why.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Thoguh posted:

Shut up ESPN, show me that dog riding a scooter.

Dog halftimes - The ultimate Middle of Iowa experience.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress this game.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, just keep swallowing that whistle.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I mean, it's not like there's no drawbacks to the strategy. If you foul out your players and the other team just keeps hitting their free throws, the strategy is bunk anyway (which still doesn't stop coaches from doing that to good free throw teams). So the disincentive is kind of already there against skilled teams.

Trust me, though, I was a Lakers fan in the early 2000s, I am not unsympathetic about getting really bored with a hacking routine.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

KU is 8-8 from 3 right now. :stare:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This team couldn't hold onto a lead if it were ducktaped to its hand.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I make fun of Iowa State for Neil Diamond, and then this Phog crowd starts singing Twisted Sister. Sigh.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Thoguh posted:

gently caress a Wildcat. God Bless.

I can get behind this.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I dislike the basketball team I cheer for.

e: I mean, I know Missouri is loving awful but don't lose to A&M by double digits unless Acie Law comes back you fucks.

Five loving years.

It's happened. I actually feel sorry for Mizzou fans.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This game owns, currently. AFF, know that Pierre Jackson will always have a place in my heart.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Oregon taking UCLA behind the woodshed for a whoopin currently

STEVE ALFORD IS GOING TO TAKE THIS TEAM TO THE NEXT LEVEL

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

ESPN practically jacking off at the thought of another TCU upset like last year.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

That was a needlessly close game. Is there, like, something in the Shadow Charter that says KU has to play down to their weakest opponents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

We also cannot shoot threes.

In contrast, this KU team is actually better from 3 than last year, but they get their poo poo stuffed down low so often and aren't early-2000s level Celtics at 3 that the games end up invariably close anyway.

• Locked thread