Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Not a good start for Iowa State tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Somehow we pulled to within one point at the half, 35-36 South Carolina.

I'm pretty sure South Carolina has a goal of having as many fouls as they do points. Never change, Frank Martin.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Going from football gameday threads all fall to basketball gameday threads in the winter always is a bit of a shock.

ECHO...Echo...echo

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
0 of 14 from three. God drat, Cyclones, get it together.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ross posted:

Cyclones complimented our 1/18 three-point shooting with a stellar 18/33 on free throws :bravo:

And somehow only lost by 4. That's basically the only positive to take away form tonight. Jesus did the team have their heads up their asses.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Jesus Texas, get your heads out of your asses.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

no don't this owns

MONSTER JAM

I have a rooting interest in either of these teams getting blown out. But Texas just looks terrible tonight.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
EducationConnection.com seems like a perfectly legitimate site that has your best interests in mind as a student.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Meltathon posted:

ISU just playing bad right now. Can't make many shots and just some general sloppy play. Luckily Okie State is playing just as bad.

We have totally lost our offense these last couple games. lovely to have a slump but nice to see us at least be competitive when we can't hit a basket to save our lives.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Meltathon posted:

Blocks and blocks. Hogue with the monster block to possibly save the game. Bad finish by OSU.

The whole game was about as non-Hoiball as possible, so it was fitting to end it with two blocks on the perimeter, which are basically anti-Hoiball.

Love the new avatar.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Benne posted:

Baylor is a dumb team and I can't imagine having to root for them on a daily basis

Why do you think Anne Frank Fanfic is so screwed up?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Just wanted to check in to say gently caress a Mountaineer. God bless.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Its my second favorite time of the year. where I veil my contempt for women's basketball because I am being paid to talk about it.

Do you cover WVUs women's games or something?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

anne frank fanfic posted:

the worst part of baylor season ending ref calls is that no one cares about the school and the call isnt as outrageous as like the dallas/detroit call so no one remembers, except me

Ya'll only beat TCU on some questionable officiating in the last minute of the game. So I wouldn't bitch too much about it.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

You gotta whine to win

The Bill Self strategy.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I know TCU has a totally legit reason to be playing on a high school court this season. But it is still funny every time they have a camera shot that makes it obvious.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Oklahoma State might get this game.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Um, if Thouhg if you gift wrap the tall, cute greek boy for me.

I'll need a ladder.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thoguh posted:

Just wanted to check in to say gently caress a Mountaineer. God bless.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Cyclones getting the whistle. Color me shocked.

It is 6 fouls to 7, hardly one sided. Especially given that WVU plays much more physically than ISU does.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

WVU - Hoiburg State tied at half. I'll take it given how awful we shot the ball.

Hopefully we go up by enough that you can see the Greek's moves in action.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

the Big XII officials are absolutely magical

They're letting West Virginia get away with whatever the hell they want. Hell, about a minute ago Staten just loving plowed into Hogue with absolutely no control and Hogue got called, somehow.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

resident posted:

It wouldn't be so bad but with officiating like this it's painful. There is just way too much clock stoppage. It would be even worse if you ran into a ticky tack crew.

Their style is "dare the refs to foul out the entire team". Any ref that takes them up on it probably would.

WVU vs. South Carolina would probably resemble a hockey game.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

ISU's is just to get a bunch of calls their way.

You guys have a full court press and a hacking defense. We have neither and we've been called for more fouls. I'm not sure what you're bitching about.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Holy poo poo is Staten a flopper. He's Marcus Smart level.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
ISU won, Texas & Oklahoma lost. A pretty good day.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

My point was that Thoguh was acting like WVU got every call, which they didn't and a lot of calls went Iowa State's way too, especially some pretty obvious ones that were real head scratchers.

I didn't say WVU got every call. I said they were getting away with a lot of contact. Because they were.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I cannot wait for Hoi to get snapped back to the NBA. God I hate him. (Note: I respect him though.)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Probably Magic posted:

Rush that loving court.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a Bear. God Bless.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Iowa State seems to have forgotten how to basketball.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ugh baylor was 16-1 at beginning

Exactly.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

thanks iowa state for ruining our season lol

We aren't going to let you slump. We deny your goals.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

OctoberBlues posted:

Did they just say that 9/10 Big 12 teams have been ranked at some point this year? When was either Kansas State or Texas Tech ranked?

K-State.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Hey, Iowa State can make threes again. That's nice.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

OctoberBlues posted:

Unless ESPN's website is wrong, K-State was not in the top 25 this season...

On topic, good bball game...

You're right, they topped out in "receiving votes" at around 27th. I dunno what other poll they might be including. Maybe Anne Frank Fanfic commissioned one.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Oh man...

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
drat it. At least it was a two. But holy short time.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Well, crap. At least we came back and made it a game after a 1-16 start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

seriously gently caress Baylor

Down.

• Locked thread