Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Virginia is #1 on Kenpom for exactly the length of time it takes the algorithm to add in the ongoing UK massacre of Mizzou.

Also Gonzaga has been #3 since Duke lost to State, which is pretty hilarious.

Miami's destruction of Duke was enough to put us back in 1st on Kenpom. Also, 4 of the 5 players on the Kenpom All ACC team are Hoos. And they're all in the top 10 in the Kenpom POY rankings.

In conclusion, Kenpom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I think if Kentucky loses a game before Virginia I will Literally Cry.

They better do it soon, because I don't see us getting through the Duke-UNC-Louisville-NC State ringer unscathed.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I've been here longest. :colbert:

Also I know they're just being fans but I'd kinda like everyone who isn't Malcolm Brogdon on this forum to stop referring to the team as us or we, but I'm just a jerk.

I paid good money for my diploma. I give to the VAF. It's we, dammit.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Even having their name on my paychecks and having been a tutor in the JPJ academic center for four years now, I still can't think of UVA as an "us"—part of that is still the doom of being a State fan first, and part of it is just feeling weird about that collective plural generally.

I don't get why people are hung up on that terminology in general. Particularly with a school (versus a pro team) if you went there, there's a good chance you identify at least in part with the school. It's part of you. And even if you think that idea is bullshit, it's a dumb thing to get mad over.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Virginia fans are bad.

Strong take.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Baylor is playing NAIA school Huston-Tillotson tonight, for whatever reason.

How does that happen, especially in the middle of the season? Wouldn't your players be better off just having the day off?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hoiberg seems like a likable guy. That's enough for me to pick who I want to root for in a conference I don't otherwise care about.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cholmondeley posted:

Lowly Ga Tech taking State to OT. Excitement !

And then they miss two free throws and don't defend to let NC State hit the game winner at the buzzer. So ACC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

That kinda sucked. Ah well, nobody was running the table in this year's ACC. UVA-UNC is set up to be a pretty great game, tough turnaround time for both.

Meanwhile Lacey's gamewinner at GT today was pretty great, even if they shouldn't have been anywhere near overtime against that team.

So glad UNC went to OT. Any help we can get is good.

• Locked thread