Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Is Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Let's Get Physical Edition good? Haha, just kidding, I'm going to buy it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Silver Striker posted:

Is Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Let's Get Physical Edition good? Haha, just kidding, I'm going to buy it anyway.

buy it for me as well

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Of the following TG16/PCE CD games which are easier and which should I avoid?

Star Parodia
R-Type Complete
Super Darius 2
Cotton
Gradius 2
Fantasy Star Soldier
Robo Aleste
Super Raiden
Spriggan Mark 2
Zero Wing

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Contest Winner posted:

Does Persona 2 hold up well because both parts are on PSN and I kind of want to get it on my Vita.

Persona 2 is really great. If you don't want to get involved in the grindy poo poo read a faq so you know what bosses are going to be weak against. That way you don't waste too much time telling toilet demons their dads are abusive or whatever to make friends.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

fyad btich

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
trip report: I ended up buying that Korra game

It's good. I'm three chapters in, the plot is non-existent and the level design is really bland, but the combat is fun and Platinum-y. It just feels good to wail on dudes with my bendy powers. It's nowhere close to the level of Bayonetta but it's a pretty good brawler for 8 bux.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

are divinity:os or wasteland 2 any good

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
persona 2 has the greatest method of convincing a demon in a SMT game whatsoever

i can't remember the character combo but everyone sits down and gets drunk with the demon to befriend it

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Heran Bago posted:

Update: I ran out of SD card so I axed Cotton, Fantasy Star Soldier, and Spriggan Mark 2. The original question still applies though.

Dec 26, 2012

Famous TV Dad posted:

divinity's good, wasteland's mediocre

Prometheus1
Mar 15, 2012

History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it

Famous TV Dad posted:

I like WL2, I'd recommend it.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Is Dungeon of the Endless a good game?

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Famous TV Dad posted:

divinity os is mediocre and wasteland 2 sucks rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Leadthumb posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it's ok but weird, couple of neat ideas but it feels like it could have used a few more polish passes

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Famous TV Dad posted:

divinity's combat is way more fun than WL2's imo. WL2 has a better story/setting though.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

So if I thought Final Fantasy 13 was a tedious slog with an uncertain battle system that took me 50 hours, how much will I like 13-2 and 13-3?

if you hated it little enough you managed to complete FF13 you'll probably love the sequels.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Heran Bago posted:

Star Parodia
R-Type Complete
Super Darius 2
Cotton
Gradius 2
Fantasy Star Soldier
Robo Aleste
Super Raiden
Spriggan Mark 2
Zero Wing

Zero Wing is super mediocre but if you want to play the thing that spawned "All Your Base Are Belong to Us" then here comes the year 2000 via the year 1991. I don't really like Gradius games because the power-up system is extra punishing on death and individually are kind of garbage which leads me to also disliking Star Parodia since its Gradius but with *wacky* art. Super Darius 2 involves shooting robot fish spaceships so its cool in my book.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Leadthumb posted:

I enjoyed it, so the answer is probably no

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leadthumb posted:

i like it. its like a tower defence game where the objective is to escape ASAP rather than turtle forever. it's neat. has a lot of replayability from what i can tell. it's probably way better in multiplayer

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont think its on sale atm but a good cheap game to keep in mind is ziggurat

its pretty much a 90s shooter roguelike. lots of cool "guns", totally randomly generated levels and items every time, and you keep unlocking more poo poo the game can generate as you play it. ive had a lot of fun with it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

Buy both of them anyway.

I just did, the limited editions were 20 bucks each.

This puts me at 97 PS3 games and now this will drive me crazy about having an uneven number.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I just did, the limited editions were 20 bucks each.

This puts me at 97 PS3 games and now this will drive me crazy about having an uneven number.

Someone should really put you out of your misery with a concrete block to the dome, dude.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mr sad posted:

best part about dead space is shooting monster arms off with the plasma cutter. it feels really good. hitting a monster about to pounce on you with stasis is real fun and nice too.

you can also make an excitable friend play the first couple of chapters and watch them flip the gently caress out. that's fun too.

if you're playing ds1 be sure to turn off the music so you don't get any cues when necros pop up

Does ice wind dale enhanced come up for sale ever? I'm playing Grimrock 2 and it's really good and I'm looking for something similar

Dec 26, 2012

i think the enhnaced icewind dale was pretty recent, like a few months ago, so you might have to wait on that

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Acquire Currency! posted:

if you're playing ds1 be sure to turn off the music so you don't get any cues when necros pop up

Does ice wind dale enhanced come up for sale ever? I'm playing Grimrock 2 and it's really good and I'm looking for something similar

the msuic in dead space is cool

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SM64Guy posted:

The only dead space, is between your ears.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Someone should really put you out of your misery with a concrete block to the dome, dude.

I'll crush his head, and his dick too. I'll use the same freaking block.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Barudak posted:

Zero Wing is super mediocre but if you want to play the thing that spawned "All Your Base Are Belong to Us" then here comes the year 2000 via the year 1991. I don't really like Gradius games because the power-up system is extra punishing on death and individually are kind of garbage which leads me to also disliking Star Parodia since its Gradius but with *wacky* art. Super Darius 2 involves shooting robot fish spaceships so its cool in my book.

Thanks for the hot tips.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Are the van helsing games worth picking up?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Are the van helsing games worth picking up?

I found the combat to be pretty sluggish for an arpg, so I didn't really play it that long. It might've gotten better later.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i dont think its on sale atm but a good cheap game to keep in mind is ziggurat

its pretty much a 90s shooter roguelike. lots of cool "guns", totally randomly generated levels and items every time, and you keep unlocking more poo poo the game can generate as you play it. ive had a lot of fun with it.

I thought they already made that game and it was called tower of guns and it was terrible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

is super Mario good

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

is super Mario good

its prononced merry-o

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Bolverkur posted:

its prononced merry-o

what does that have to do with the way it's spelled

is there something you want to tell us

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

01011001 posted:

i think the enhnaced icewind dale was pretty recent, like a few months ago, so you might have to wait on that

hm thanks I might get it anyways then

SM64Guy posted:

it is. I like all the dead spaces even that rail shooter one

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Leadthumb posted:

It is a Good Game. It does a lot of cool things well and they're patching it pretty quickly. The video on steam that barfs like 30 genres on the screen is pretty accurate.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Is Sim City 4 good?

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Dexters Secret posted:

should I play Transistor

no its garbage

Bastion was better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU