Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

obstipator posted:

people need to talk more poo poo about games that people are considering buying. the loving goons in the steam thread convinced me to buy so many lovely games that now i barely ever buy games anymore. if the steam goons recommend it, i know its probably poo poo
A lot of goons have low standards and don't like having them questioned. This isn't even limited to the Steam thread, there's a good deal of game-specific threads that are just supposed to be a positive feedback loop circle jerk and god forbid you question that game's design, feel or eventual price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

If there's one thing I hate in RPGs it's those annoying shop minigames. Why would anyone make that HALF THE GAME!?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

impsensus (imp consensus) is that it's one of like 3 decent games to come out in the latter half of 2014 and the rest of the games that came out at that time were so poo poo that it was just really really good in comparison

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

surc posted:

Trying to decide if I should buy The Crew. I really wanted it to be good but everybody said it was poo poo, is it still poo poo?
It was poo poo, it is poo poo, it will continue to be poo poo.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

You want a good car game? Get Burnout Paradise. Already got that? Driver San Francisco. Got that too? Distance and Trackmania, start with Trackmania United because that's the best one.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 15, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Once you're done with those, play Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing Transformed and Grid 2 and just drift all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Looper posted:

Have there been any good early-access games?
Distance.

• Locked thread