Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dead space 2 is so good and fun. it was RE4 in space and i mean that in the best of ways

what exactly changed in ds3 that it was abominable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

It's basically a soap opera love story in space with zombie aliens

the story in dead space 2 was bad but you can mostly ignore it and shoot exploding babies

1 was good if only because you were faceless not talking isaac and poo poo just kind of happened around you, it was minimal and just let you soak in the atmosphere of the game. at some point the devs were like "hey..what if the story was in your face all the time" gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Looper posted:

So what you're saying is it's not like RE4 in the best of ways

the gameplay is RE4 quality, in terms of fun, controls, enemy variety, etc. the story is a joke and the amount of unskippable cutscenes are annoying and that brings it down.

theres also an upgrade system for the guns like RE4's but it's stupid because the upgrades are so tiny that even when a gun is at max level it's like 20% stronger than the default.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Leadthumb posted:

Is Dungeon of the Endless a good game?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont think its on sale atm but a good cheap game to keep in mind is ziggurat

its pretty much a 90s shooter roguelike. lots of cool "guns", totally randomly generated levels and items every time, and you keep unlocking more poo poo the game can generate as you play it. ive had a lot of fun with it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Captain Gordon posted:

no its garbage

Bastion was better

and bastion is garbage

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

was the evil within really bad?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Is Elder Scrolls Online worth buying now that there's no sub to pay?

hey guys, no one was playing the epic Skyrim Online game, so they made it free. must be good right?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

DW games are bad and have only recently become tolerable

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

does shadow of mordor have the same problem as AC where it's terribly easy and youre never in any actual danger

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

For the first hour or so you're actually really vulnerable and can get overwhelmed super easily, and then by the third hour you're an unstoppable death machine

i will keep away until it's like 5-10 bucks then

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im desperately trying to like on of the 2d castlevania games. i tried aria of sorrow and harmony of dissonance, absolutely hated both. what should i try>

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

putting a bullet in between your eyes

aria of sorrow less so and i should probably give it another chance when im not on heavy meds

but harmony of dissonance definitely is just a pile of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Circle of the Moon is really good, I finished that one but could never get into Aria for some reason. I think I liked its music better.

im honestly liking aria so much im gonna replay it and get all the goodies and poo poo

it's seriously loving hard though. i waltzed into what i think is the final area at the top of the castle and everything is murdering me and taking too many hits. im supposed to be here because i have every relic but god drat i really feel like im missing something

• Locked thread