Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it's ok but weird, couple of neat ideas but it feels like it could have used a few more polish passes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

is sunless sea good, or is it bad? please let me know

it's very bad. the economy's super hosed up and you need to grind like a motherfucker to do anything. the devs are aware of that and their answer's "lol you're playing the game wrong, see ya" and occasionally patching out any way people find to make money

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

basically it's gbs steampunk IF that's pretending to be a game and doing it very badly

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

y/w

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

I've enjoyed the couple of hours I've spent on it but the prices are definitely very weird; I've never come close to being able to afford any of the upgraded boats, and there are entire classes of weapons (e.g. torpedoes) that you can't use at all on the starter boat

works out kind of okay as a horror (?) thing, like old resident evils: the game is so broken (?) that you have to run away from monsters rather than fight them

idk, maybe you hit a brick wall at some point right after where I stopped playing and need a bigger ship/bigger guns to continue. that would suck. I've found the cash rewards you get from missions & exploration work pretty well at letting you regularly upgrade your poo poo while still keeping you on the edge of starvation/running out of fuel, tho.

idk if it's still that way but buying better boats was outright detrimental for a while. you burnt fuel way faster on them and fuel's a) real fuckin' expensive and b) a game-ender if you run out. that's the problem i ran into, the game expected you to go out and explore but if you got unlucky exploring you basically couldn't bounce back with how expensive poo poo was. also trading's real bad and is basically the only way to scrape by without exploiting poo poo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

which would you pick: sunless sea or darkest dungeon

i'd like a spooky roguelike to play

sunless sea is a bad game that won't be getting better and darkest dungeon is a good one that will, so darkest dungeon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

som is good for like two or three hours, then you get too powerful and it's a dumb cakewalk. the first couple hours are real cool though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

im desperately trying to like on of the 2d castlevania games. i tried aria of sorrow and harmony of dissonance, absolutely hated both. what should i try>

putting a bullet in between your eyes

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Humphrey Vasel posted:

is DROD good? There's a whole bunch of them for sale on gog for 10bux

yooooo you're on my good list for this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to blow 300 coins on club ninty before may, anyone know if harmoknight's any good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ragg posted:

Should just make a thread for that OP. Megathreads aren't very cool. Also what kind of person reads a megathread just to see if someone has mentioned a game they've played. Whereas if someone posts a thread, the people who are interestd in only that game can join in and others can ignore it. Frankly I don't see the point of thist hread.

yah good point

• Locked thread