Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

inexpensive meal posted:

i haven't gotten very far in dr2 yet but it's pretty fun. presentation is way better than in dr1, visuals are good, sound design and music are much better (the beach sfx in the beginning was really good, trapped by the ocean song etc). probably worth what they're asking for.

The writing is still hilarious garbage, as are the characters. Avoid, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

Are the mysteries good at least? I loved figuring them out in Phoenix Wright.

The main plot twist is stupid but still better than the ol "surprise it was actually her twin" thing from the first game I guess

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

the story in dead space 2 was bad but you can mostly ignore it and shoot exploding babies

1 was good if only because you were faceless not talking isaac and poo poo just kind of happened around you, it was minimal and just let you soak in the atmosphere of the game. at some point the devs were like "hey..what if the story was in your face all the time" gently caress

So what you're saying is it's not like RE4 in the best of ways

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

the gameplay is RE4 quality, in terms of fun, controls, enemy variety, etc. the story is a joke and the amount of unskippable cutscenes are annoying and that brings it down.

theres also an upgrade system for the guns like RE4's but it's stupid because the upgrades are so tiny that even when a gun is at max level it's like 20% stronger than the default.

But how quotable is the script?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Funnily enough the high school sim stuff is the best part of the game because the dungeons are so bad. Play Nocturne and the Digital Devil Saga games.

Thankfully P5 seems to be addressing this

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Also I bought Nocturne having never played a non-P3/P4 SMT game, what should I expect?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm excited

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Those games sound like they're in the same series

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

which etrian odyssey is the best? i like persona q a lot and want to keep dungeon crawling

If you haven't already bought 4, buy it when it's next on sale. 3 and Untold are also cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Have there been any good early-access games?

• Locked thread