Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leadthumb posted:

Is Dungeon of the Endless a good game?

i like it. its like a tower defence game where the objective is to escape ASAP rather than turtle forever. it's neat. has a lot of replayability from what i can tell. it's probably way better in multiplayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leadthumb posted:

Is Endless Legend good, or not good?

Like all 4X games it is pretty decently fun and well-balanced despite having lots of interesting choices, but there's absolutely no multiplayer community to speak of so you will never, ever, have a challenging match unless you somehow find friends to play it with you.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im liking Dying Light but unfortunately the PVP mode is extreme dogshit. The rest of the game is pretty alright though. Lots and lots of first person platforming, obviously, but it's pretty neat. You can go really fast through the rooftops if you plan ahead, but you can also leap off a building and own yourself because you forgot to check for something soft to land on.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a follow up to Dying Light the first like three hours are pretty awful. Everything seems like a bullet sponge but that's just because you suck. Towards the end of the first area though you finally get guns and decent melee weapons. I'm in the second area and I have a sword that pretty much always one-hits basic bitches, and it's pretty cool to slice a bandit's head off and steal his rifle to shoot his friends.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To be fair, it's the only Early Access game I've seen in forever with a trailer with ingame footage running at 30 FPS. Usually you can tell how laggy and lovely the optimization is from the trailer alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Xenonauts.

• Locked thread