Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

transistor isnt bad but a lot of it did feel like it was tacked on in an attempt to recapture stuff bastion did right without any real understanding for why it was that way or what made it work. standard sequel poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Link Between Worlds, Bravely Default, Fantasy Life: which one should I buy today.

lbw for sure

Dec 26, 2012

Famous TV Dad posted:

are divinity:os or wasteland 2 any good

divinity's good, wasteland's mediocre

Dec 26, 2012

i think the enhnaced icewind dale was pretty recent, like a few months ago, so you might have to wait on that

Dec 26, 2012

BgRdMchne posted:

Is Arcanum: Whatever, Whatever, worth playing?

its definitely worth a try yeah

Dec 26, 2012

closest comparison is probably fallout/2 rather than either of those

Dec 26, 2012

i havent thought about it in years but i stopped because its pretty shallow and after awhile crafting becomes a chore on top of that. dont bother

Dec 26, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Is Elder Scrolls Online worth buying now that there's no sub to pay?

wouldnt take you long to see for yourself

(no)

Dec 26, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

planetside 2??? :shrug:

i like it. its free so w/e, youll know pretty quick if it isnt your thing

Dec 26, 2012

not a chance

Dec 26, 2012

memy posted:

I haven't played it yet because I'm cheap, but I've heard that the game experience is way better if you simply don't take any health upgrades

i saved most of the health upgrades for last and it was pretty fun. it would have probably been fine with the upgrades though. the issue is more so that once you can reliably pull out the various combos and have a solid set of runes that cover your bases there isnt really any matching ramp-up to challenge you. realistically though you can and should probably just finish the drat game at that point

the warboss killing being hard to make useful in the long run (besides the whole "feed yourself to him a bunch and then kill him for better drops" thing) does bother me because it's a pretty cool mechanic. that and marking being simple enough to make the game considerably easier. im hoping someone less new at this will rip it off and put it in their game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Looper posted:

Have there been any good early-access games?

yeah, the ones that put themselves up early to make a few more bucks but already had enough skin in the game to not immediately cut and run

• Locked thread