Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I liked 3 alone, but a partner is definitely good to have.

The Contact Beam breaks the game, though. Me and my friend were making a large profit on ammo using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Silver Striker posted:

I just remembered that in Dead Space 2 they had Isaac talk and he had some epic action movie lines. It's fun, but it moves further away from the horror stuff.

isaac talking owns

in 2 he's just kind of angry and disoriented and upset

in 3 he's just pissed off and tired of it so when people try to freak out he's like "Okay, stay away from vents, cut off their limbs" and hangs up

at one point instead of giving a telekinesis tutorial during an area where you're probably low on ammo he whips out the video from the dead guy in 2 and lets it play for his teammates

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like a lot of things about dead space but 3 is written really badly but it has some cool setpieces

carver. let's get into this giant drill's track, and shoot it until it starts, and have a necromorph mosh pit in its path

floating in space is also really good in single player but if you're playing multiplayer and you can see the other person it's hilariously awkward

there's a bunch of really cool design stuff i could sperg about for a long time

i think the actual creepiest thing in the game is the dudes who ate necromorphs who are locked in a freezer who are the replacement for the feral kids from 2, and they're still alive + thinking but completely insane and they've been that way since stuff hosed up on that planet. you can hear them screaming to be let out by a dude in an audiolog and they just sound like really angry insane people

2 has the most cool new necromorphs, 3 tends to rely on the new tomahawk dudes a lot, and older designs like the babydog tentacle thing and the tank and the spitty guy

all 3 games have some cool guns and all three have a few that are clearly The Best and contact beam/plasma cutter are always in that category

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the best thing is when the old man comes in and says he desperately needs metal stuff and he'll be back because you can buy vending machines and sell them to him at a crazy markup

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I didn't know you could do that with vending machines...can you put the vending machines INSIDE a vending machine?

you could when i played it but it got patched out unfortunately, i dont see anything wrong with nested vending machines

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Contest Winner posted:

Does Persona 2 hold up well because both parts are on PSN and I kind of want to get it on my Vita.

They run a bit slow but the characters own. There's a guy in one of them that fights using coins he flicks REALLY HARD.

the concept of rumors becoming reality also owns a lot

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
persona 2 has the greatest method of convincing a demon in a SMT game whatsoever

i can't remember the character combo but everyone sits down and gets drunk with the demon to befriend it

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Poniard posted:

in teh new fire emblem can u mix ad match the voices on the player character like in saints row this is the deciding factor of me getting this game

yeah but not between sexes and the character customization is not wide at all

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Poniard posted:

fffuck
i like having wrong voices in video game it is funny to me

i don't think it'd have a lot of lines

*burly guy* chrom, i.. i love you

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Thank you. I shall stay far away and just use the romhack that fixes a few of the bigger errors if I want to play it again.

U e MoV T Cave is cool

i would want one that fixed all the glitches that harmed the game without fixing goofy stuff like that and 3y kingdom

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
It's really hard to describe Persona without sounding like a huge idiot, just play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I've heard no, but I haven't personally played it.

• Locked thread