Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Well gang, long time lurker first time poster here, and I think I'm finally ready to make a thread! I've gotten some good feedback on thread creation from BYOB regulars PISS_BABY and CuteWiddleKitten, but please feel free to point it out if I mess something up - I'm probably a good bit older than the rest of you kids, so apologies if there's something I don't "get" right away! :)

So for the past few 3-4 years I've been directing/writing/starring in a semiweekly web comedy series on youtube. It consists of some pretty loosely related sketches, with only one or two recurring characters. Here are a few of my most well-received videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
This was probably the hardest one to put together, luckily I got some help from my makeup lady aka my lady love Lucy! :) We relied pretty heavily on greenscreen effects for this one - believe it or not, every character in this video is me. And the reception I've got for this has been MINDBLOWING. Wow!! Wow. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTD5o9YY-rc
This isn't going to be to everyone's tastes, but it does hold a soft spot in my heart. Basically the plot of the video is, infamous dictator Adolf Hitler says "Fight friend of the family" for 5 minutes. The most technically competent video? No, probably not. My personal favorite? Absolutely. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m30mG3JKzA8
2011 Christmas Special

Thanks for watching, I'll post new episode in this thread if it survives! All comments appreciated. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Just got back from dance class and about to do homework but :drat: this thread is heating up!

Al Borland

by XyloJW

A Tin Of Beans posted:

i didn't watch any of these videos op but welcome and good luck, maybe someone will click a link, that's just more commitment than i'm willing to make

What my good friend and fellow poster A Tin of Beans said.

Welcome to BYOB your new family.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gross Dude

Gross Dude

ggadwa posted:

Because they are all me! It makes some complicated shots, I have the script, a bunch of highlighters, and film it all in bulk and then cut it up. This newest episode is the first one where I actually dubbed the Reaper's line, earlier episodes it was hard to understand him because of the mask, which makes it a bit more complex.

I've had other actors, but those are almost always remotes.

Uh,, if the characters are played by the same guy isn't it easier to get them in same shot?

ggadwa

Somewhat Grim, way behind on the Reaping

FluffieDuckie posted:

please participate in other threads friend

I will, I even started my own thread completely unrelated to this, 4 pages of eventual stuff like this:

no they will not posted:

Well gang, long time lurker first time poster here, and I think I'm finally ready to make a thread! I've gotten some good feedback on thread creation from BYOB regulars PISS_BABY and CuteWiddleKitten, but please feel free to point it out if I mess something up - I'm probably a good bit older than the rest of you kids, so apologies if there's something I don't "get" right away! :)

The SA cut-n-paste comedy snippets!

Gross Dude posted:

Uh,, if the characters are played by the same guy isn't it easier to get them in same shot?

You lost me, unless you have some knowledge of time-space distortions that I don't ...

heard u like girls

nice avatar ggadawan :)

----------------

Gross Dude

Gross Dude

ggadwa posted:

You lost me, unless you have some knowledge of time-space distortions that I don't ...

Imagine 100 people playing two roles, you couldn't have enough screen space for that many people.Imagine how much screen space you need for one single person playing both roles, way less than is allotted by the camera

Gross Dude fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 6, 2015

tao of lmao

Gross Dude posted:

dogcrash truther
..simnce they are the same guy...they are all in the shot...no matter what, because. they're. the same. guy,.

dogcrash truther
like lets say mike and bob are the same guy. if mike is in the shot, then so is bob. because mike = bob. in fact, getting them in the same shot is easy.just one shot. getting them in multiple shots would be hard, perhaps impossible i don't know.

dogcrash truther
patrick stewart did a version of the tempest where he played all the characters. he was on stage the entire time and it was just him. I hope this clarifies things for you.

dogcrash truther
when a marquee says "one woman show" it's one woman, but she's actually many characters, and all of them are on stage, at the same time, because they are her, you see

dogcrash truther
when youw atch figh club, and edward norton is on the screen, you are also seeing brad pitt , thats why he's so sexy

heard u like girls

dogcrash truther posted:

when youw atch figh club, and edward norton is on the screen, you are also seeing brad pitt , thats why he's so sexy

:monocle:

----------------

saboten

no they will not posted:

So for the past few 3-4 years I've been directing/writing/starring in a semiweekly web comedy series on youtube. It consists of some pretty loosely related sketches, with only one or two recurring characters. Here are a few of my most well-received videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
This was probably the hardest one to put together, luckily I got some help from my makeup lady aka my lady love Lucy! :) We relied pretty heavily on greenscreen effects for this one - believe it or not, every character in this video is me. And the reception I've got for this has been MINDBLOWING. Wow!! Wow. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTD5o9YY-rc
This isn't going to be to everyone's tastes, but it does hold a soft spot in my heart. Basically the plot of the video is, infamous dictator Adolf Hitler says "Fight friend of the family" for 5 minutes. The most technically competent video? No, probably not. My personal favorite? Absolutely. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m30mG3JKzA8
2011 Christmas Special

Thanks for watching, I'll post new episode in this thread if it survives! All comments appreciated. :)

thank u bacalou

Smerdyakov

dogcrash truther posted:

ooooh! I understand that movie now. Can you do the Matrix parts 2 and 3 next specifically why was trinity really hot in the first matrix movie but not as much in the sequels

PS: good job op, I enjoyed your post. I feel like if you put your efforts towards posting instead of youtube you'd get big results

demonR6

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Smerdyakov posted:

ooooh! I understand that movie now. Can you do the Matrix parts 2 and 3 next specifically why was trinity really hot in the first matrix movie but not as much in the sequels

PS: good job op, I enjoyed your post. I feel like if you put your efforts towards posting instead of youtube you'd get big results

Your tastes changed, now it might be Scarlett Johansson's breasts for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

on spec

dogcrash truther posted:

patrick stewart did a version of the tempest where he played all the characters. he was on stage the entire time and it was just him. I hope this clarifies things for you.

hahaha

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread