Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Personally never saw them but I was reliably informed he had a lot of really good matches on NXT Live Events multiple times. Would even main event at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

MacDougall posted:

Sami Callihan leaves NXT and immediately wrestles an HM?

he's a very good wrestler why are you surprised?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
He had like 20 gimmicks in NXT and none of them ever caught on

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
if brock/taker at summerslam didn't have a gently caress finish i'd probably put that as my vote. but it did! so i don't!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

He had like 20 gimmicks in NXT and none of them ever caught on

He really only had "arena hacker" and "anarchist punk" and then they mashed them together when he got on TV.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MOTY: Brahman Kei, Brahman Shu, Master ET, The Great Sasuke & Ultraman Robin vs C3PO-1, Darth Vader GAINA, R2D2-2, Superman Kinya, & Yoda Taro in THE GREAT SPACE WAR - Michinoku Pro 12/10

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

wrestling is so good

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

wrestling is so good

you have no idea

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

oatgan posted:

you have no idea

im watching it now and the main idea i have is that great sasuke is actively seeking death

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Can i give this all the nominations it needs for MOTY or can I only give one? if so 2nd.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

im watching it now and the main idea i have is that great sasuke is actively seeking death

you have no idea

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i will now 3rd that match for the barrel spot

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

ARgh something else I have to catch up on now. I'm so far behind I still have two matches to watch on the first Korakuen show from this weekend.

theminx
Jun 7, 2007
I has a bucket.

Why did I have to catch this link at 1AM :( I'M 17 mins in and i can't stop laughing.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Better or worse than last year's GREAT SPACE WAR?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

last years fell apart and was boring during the middle stretch this is just stupid the whole way through and ends with bon jovi

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

4th'd. Also, C3PO-1 for Heel Of The Year.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I think I liked last year's a bit better overall (might be because TMNT > Star Wars on my own personal nostalgia scale) but what the hell, like I'm not gonna vote for a Great Space War

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 20, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Thank you for this Christmas miracle, oatgan.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
WMOTYC: Isys Ephex vs. Michael Christopher, 2CW 2 Sets, 12/20/2015

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

WMOTYC: Isys Ephex vs. Michael Christopher, 2CW 2 Sets, 12/20/2015

second. holy god.

we had:

- a flying nothing to a downed opponent
- another flying nothing that turned into a gutwrench
- the a wrestler kicking out and the ref counting three anyway

Sticky Nate fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 20, 2015

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't think there's ever been a 2CW ippv where Isys Ephex wasn't nominated for WMOTYC

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

yes I agree so much with this

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

holy hell yes

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

HM: Roderick Strong, Moose, Matt Jackson, Mark Briscoe, and Cedric Alexander vs. Jay Lethal, Jay Briscoe, Cheeseburger, Cliff Compton, and Adam Page - ROH TV 12/20

Superb match, great action, hilarious interactions between wrestlers, and the hottest babyface in the world doing his thing. Everyone loves Cheeseburger.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

what is going on with those teams

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I can only assume ROH has their own version of Doi Darts.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It was a Christmas 10 man where the teams were picked at random by the team leaders.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So, Doi Darts.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MagicCube posted:

HM: Roderick Strong, Moose, Matt Jackson, Mark Briscoe, and Cedric Alexander vs. Jay Lethal, Jay Briscoe, Cheeseburger, Cliff Compton, and Adam Page - ROH TV 12/20

Superb match, great action, hilarious interactions between wrestlers, and the hottest babyface in the world doing his thing. Everyone loves Cheeseburger.

Seconded. This was fun as heck.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
HM: Jason Jordan & Chad Gable vs. Vaudevillains vs. Hype Bros vs. Blake & Murphy, NXT 12/23

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MagicCube posted:

Thirding, this was very entertaining as hell, even if it was pretty blatant from the get-go that Compton was solely there to go through a table.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Benne posted:

HM: Jason Jordan & Chad Gable vs. Vaudevillains vs. Hype Bros vs. Blake & Murphy, NXT 12/23

Seconded, this match ruled

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

Yeah, that was so much fun and Jordan's hot tag was fantastic.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Benne posted:

Nth, so good. Jordan and Gable are the truth.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Benne posted:

Yeah, everyone watch this. It's only like 11-12 minutes or so, I think. Gable is not allowed to be as good as he is already, it's not fair.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Yeah, everyone watch this. It's only like 11-12 minutes or so, I think. Gable is not allowed to be as good as he is already, it's not fair.

Are you willing? because he is gable

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
HM Naruki Doi/YAMATO v Gamma/Punch Tominaga - 12/27 Dragon Gate - THE FINAL GATE 2015

Probably the best squash match I've seen in recent memory. PT puts in the performance of his career playing Ricky Morton and a great finishing rush.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

HM Naruki Doi/YAMATO v Gamma/Punch Tominaga - 12/27 Dragon Gate - THE FINAL GATE 2015

Probably the best squash match I've seen in recent memory. PT puts in the performance of his career playing Ricky Morton and a great finishing rush.

seconded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

he's like the second coming of kurt angle, just hopefully less crazy

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Dec 27, 2015

• Locked thread