Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

if they accepted bitcoins this wouldn't have happened imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

you can check the donation stats for an idea: http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq15/

the 2014 one shows the end-of-marathon ramp up in donations: http://irc.alligatr.co.uk/agdq14/

hmm

the red line is the viewers
blue is donations

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

peak in the end is humble bundle dropping almost 200k

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

the bug meant that from ~8th only previously-known donors appeared on the list - the big spike appearing is them replaying donations

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i then am slightly confused then as of where does $192,547 humble bundle donation fits in, especially given that later on stream it was announced that they have to manually add donations to the tracker over the course of next weeks

also numbers do not match exactly, which confuses me even more

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
man, the kill/save the animals thing would've been much different if it was reporting correctly

*drops 10k* get rekt

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Rexicon1 posted:

I'm gonna need someone to gimme a list of the ones worth watching because all of these boring rear end fucknig nerds and their lame memes are driving me crazy.
TASBot Super Mario World and Pokemon
Uncharted
Star Wars Jedi Knight
Battleblock Theater (start halfway)
Battletoads Coop
Gimmick!
Goof Troop
Commander Keen 4-5-6
Super Mario Bros The Lost Levels
Super Mario 3
Super Mario World
Kaizo Mario World
Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind
Violent Storm
Aliens vs Predator
Sonic 2
Umihara Kawase
>>> TETRIS TETRIS TETRIS THE GRAND MASTER THREE TERROR INSTINCT <<<
Shovel Knight
Megaman Race
Totally Rad
Big Rigs
Trio the Punch
Town with no Name
The Last Ninja
Ninja Gaiden Relay Race
Yoshi's Island Blindfolded
Half Life 2 Episode 2
GTA Vice City
Vanquish One Handed
Metal Gear Rising DLC
TASBot Pokemon 2

EDIT: This list isn't bad either http://pastebin.com/nPxaxi1u

pagancow posted:

Maybe I volunteer next year.
Do it

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 11, 2015

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

pagancow posted:

Maybe I volunteer next year.

do it

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsSNh23SwPw

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
actually, it's about rng manipulation in mario party games

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
this was a good one. someone already uploaded and 720p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g30RtkoByw

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
the black man playing the vidya jame is bigger than any two other people in the room put together, even including the other black man

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

also more entertaining

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
well he's a large black man so that's a given

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

JewKiller 3000 posted:

well he's a large black man so that's a given

stfu you butt

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

what the loving gently caress. what the hell is this thread

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
what did i just watch. who is the british guy talking. why is the girl knitting. why is she talking about her grandma and cancer when nobody will even look at her or pause the video game???

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
how old is the guy in the zelda costume

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
the guy in the zelda costume is trying to play a video game really fast, and he's being timed, so he can't just stop. the girl is knitting for the same reason anyone knits. she's talking about her grandma and cancer because the event is ostensibly to benefit the prevent cancer foundation, and the announcer is reading donations to this foundation, but nobody there at the event actually cares about cancer, they care about speed running video games. the girl knows this perfectly well, since she's an organizer of the event, which is why everyone in the room acted even more awkwardly than usual

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

PuTTY riot posted:

what did i just watch. who is the british guy talking. why is the girl knitting. why is she talking about her grandma and cancer when nobody will even look at her or pause the video game???

no he's not going to pause the game and people are pretty annoyed with her. it's a speed run and there's tons of people that are calling in and making donations, and at times mentioning other people that suffered with cancer, but they all do this tastefully. the speed runner isn't going to pause for them. they play as an incentive to the donations

this girl has serious problems to take advantage of the live show and poo poo it up with over a 100k viewers watching. it's one thing to talk to people you know will listen and when the time is right, but this was totally out of left field

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
thanks and god bless

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yeah, the old 'my grandma died of cancer' grandstanding trick

we should just close this thread and start a new one in summer imho

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

hubris.height posted:

yeah, the old 'my grandma died of cancer' grandstanding trick

we should just close this thread and start a new one in summer imho

Woah slow down, the best stuff comes out after the event finishes.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yea we shoudl wait out a week or to for some probable aftershit

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer
bets on who's wife hosed which speedrunner this year, go!

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Migishu posted:

bets on who's wife hosed which speedrunner this year, go!

he just proposed, give it some time gosh

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Syncopated posted:

he just proposed, give it some time gosh

yeah, wait till their sgdq honeymoon

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
this blind run of zelda is pretty sweet, I wonder how many times he has played through this part of the game

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Syncopated posted:

this blind run of zelda is pretty sweet, I wonder how many times he has played through this part of the game

it's over nine thousand.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
im really late to the party, i saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIi9Yna5JK4 and its really awesome, i like that dude werster but cant see anything else he done

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
So it turns out the only reason Tetris the Grand Master got a prime time spot was because the organizer lost his passport and missed his flight from France. He ended up spending 1500 euros on a second flight and got there 3 hours before that part of the stream started.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

As a Millennial I posted:

it's over nine thousand.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Valeyard posted:

im really late to the party, i saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIi9Yna5JK4 and its really awesome, i like that dude werster but cant see anything else he done

pokemon red is better imo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Caithness posted:

So it turns out the only reason Tetris the Grand Master got a prime time spot was because the organizer lost his passport and missed his flight from France. He ended up spending 1500 euros on a second flight and got there 3 hours before that part of the stream started.
theyre idiots, tetrits the grand master 3 - terror instict's mode of inevitable and impending doom (i just like how this poo poo sounds for a tetris game) is singular most outstanding moment i have from all agdq's ive seen

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaUfpou0MBI

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

kalstrams posted:

theyre idiots, tetrits the grand master 3 - terror instict's mode of inevitable and impending doom (i just like how this poo poo sounds for a tetris game) is singular most outstanding moment i have from all agdq's ive seen

and the guy who turned up 3hrs before the segment played extremely well for someone who'd have been massively jetlagged.

it really was one of the best parts of AGDQ

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW

Boring event imo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Caithness posted:

the only people i've seen complaining about tetris getting a good spot are a handful of supremely autistic speedrunning enthusiasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

Grimey Drawer

As a Millennial I posted:

supremely autistic speedrunning enthusiasts

mods?????????????????????

• Locked thread