Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Jenner posted:

Needs at least three green slimes and some door mimics too.

And a gelatinous cube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Natsume the Kensai has defeated Sarevok!

Here's Natsume with just about every useful buff I could think of (buff not pictured: Hasted). Also Cursed because she's wielding Backbiter+3.

And here's the money shot. Viconia flat out STUNNED Sarevok with her first hit with Stupefier. Natsume popped a Kai to wail on him for max damage while everyone else held off the other enemies.

Sarevok did not last long after that.

Honors: Ironling, Purist, Honorable Trader, Battlemaster, Roleplayer
Dishonors: Afraid of Pain. Because Dorn rolled horribly on HP, we're talking like 13 HP at level 3 for my main front line guy. So I decided to accept the dishonor and lower the difficulty for his further level ups.

Lessons learned from this playthrough: Baeloth owns, Stupefier is OP, and Dorn's favorite hobby is dying repeatedly.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Alright. After a few abortive starts I decided to try something different. Meet Yolo Cashmoney Swaggins III, CG Gnome Illusionist.

Things went very well. Yolo controlled fights with plenty of castings of Blind and Spook (thanks ring of wizardry!), Jaheira leveled up and gained near max hp, I picked up the wild mage and she killed herself with her own magic missle in the spider fight and Khalid died too. For some reason I didn't get any antidote potions from the quest giver. I've always gotten them before. :shrug:

No problem though, just a hop skip and a jump back to the Friendly Arm for a ressure...

I killed half of those fuckers before they put Yolo down.

gently caress you, Dungeon Master. All I actually said was "your girlfriend just isn't my type." I never said she was ugly, FRANCIS.

E: I might have to give another gnome illusionist a try. Maybe a multiclass.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 14, 2015

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Yeah, multiclassing a whatever/Illusionist is IMO the best reason to play a gnome. Those would've been good stats for a Thief/Illusionist.

You should have gone to the temple east of Beregost. There's no travel time if you're coming from town and (I think) no risk of ambush.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Mountaineer posted:

Yeah, multiclassing a whatever/Illusionist is IMO the best reason to play a gnome. Those would've been good stats for a Thief/Illusionist.

You should have gone to the temple east of Beregost. There's no travel time if you're coming from town and (I think) no risk of ambush.

That's the great thing about doing this ironman. I know where some of the very early game nice stuff is (ring of wizardry), but beyond that I've beaten the Nashkel mines a handful of times and done a smattering of side quests. I usually put Baldur's Gate down after I get distracted by games that have a less punishing early game, like Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup or Tales of Maj'Eyal. Blind ironman is great.

E: That's why I didn't go east of Beregost. I forgot that temple exists.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 14, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Has the OP been updated since the 7th?

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Nope. Anyone know if Sleep of Bronze has been posting at all since then?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
So as soon as Talindra, elven swashbuckler entered the walls of Baldur's Gate proper, she took off to the southwestern part of the city. Specifically just outside the Flaming Fist compound, where she knew she would find a new friend.

Tiax the Magnificent, mad priest-thief of Cyric and last member of my party. I stripped Branwen of all of her gear and kicked her out. No room for balance; the great TIAX is here!

Maybe the not so great Tiax. Seriously those stats are vile.

Now it's time to traipse all around Baldur's Gate and take on every side quest I come across.

My old friend from the Nashkel Carnival had come north again for some reason. I bought out most of his stock, including another Necklace of Missiles yay!

I hopped into the Thieves' Guild and did all the stuff there, including collecting the Dexterity stat book.

I generally clear the city clockwise so I can save the stupid poison quest for the last. Hence getting the Gauntlets of Ogre Power early at the cost of Shar-Teel's life. They went right to Tiax to make him marginally less terrible.

I enjoyed staving this paladin's head in. How dare he get in my way. I'm better than him.

Dabron Sashenstar came at me to get revenge for his brother's murder. So I killed him like the rest. Without Dabron I've condemned the Sword Coast to domination by the Iron Throne in the Year of Lightning Storms. But who cares I'll be Goddess of Murder by then.

I might be evil and selfish and murderous but I don't gently caress with children. Petrine got her ring and her kitty back 20 seconds later. I'm pretty sure if I took the evil option for this quest I'd cry in real life.

So here was where my fun started. I kept loving up dialogue with quest givers by picking mean options. I didn't get the offer to fix this lady's blackmail problem, so I just stole all 209 of her gems, spit on her, and left.

The Delvers of Undermountain stood like no chance. I was way too ready and way too well equipped for them. MVP goes to Teleport Field which why the hell does Halbazzer Drin have a scroll of this haha this breaks this game in loving half.

Same MVP here. This fight was harder and Edwin ate it, but Teleport Field still carried me through. I hosed up talking to Degrodel so I didn't get the quest at all. Instead while I was half-dead and with all my spells expended I accidentally skipped right to the fight with him. I survived by running out in the street to separate out the second wave of battle horrors, although it was looking very dire at one point. Talindra ended up trapped inside and surrounded, pretty soon to die. Luckily the AI was bad and moved just far enough away for her to escape. Very tense.

New banter. Tiax tried to steal Dorn's power by saying magic words at him. Oh, Tiax, you're so hilariously pathetic.

So because I missed out on Degrodel's quest I ended up just getting the Balduran stuff manually. Stole the helm, pickpocketed the sex worker in the Undercellar.

Oh, and murdered the rival party one by one to cover up any loose ends.

More banter.

The Hall of Wonder was an easy mark. I told the gnome to gently caress off: she can't cut it in the real world anyway.

Remember what I said about loving up quests? I killed Ragefast, brought Abela to Ramazith's tower, ascended the tower and killed Ramazith, and then hosed up getting the lock of hair from Abela herself. When I said I was going to capture her and make her my own she tried to teleport away. Why she didn't do that before I don't know, but she wasn't quick enough to stop me killing her. Funnily enough, she dropped an actual nymph cloak, not the lock of nymph hair.

Another stat tome collected while I was up there.

I took this screenshot because it confuses me. Where could I have met Sarevok for a second time already? After this there's Koveras and the final fight, that makes sense, but I'm lost before that.

Remember what I said about never pissing off the Bitch Queen? I decided to take a chance for another stat tome. I'm sure she won't mind.

*thinks about Balduran's Island*
*thinks about Spellhold*

Uh...:smith:

Fixed my sudden case of fatal death too. gently caress this guy he thought he could get the better of me.

Because I'm evil I was really hoping I could go the whole way and get the Big Metal Unit and everything. I guess it's not happening. Thanks, JERK.

I totally messed up my plan for the Iron Throne fight. The three time MVP and some assists from fireballs sorted them out really quick though.

And now, Talindra, Elven Swashbuckler is back home. A lot wiser, a lot stronger, and a lot more bloodthirsty. Let's see who we can kill - maybe the heads of the Iron Throne for a start?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Lamalha and the Amazons took out Delf and Company.

The skeleton got taken down before any of their spellcasters could waste their Hold spells on it, then I got greedy trying to Backstab my way out of a sticky situation when Jaheira got held. She was taken out and then Delf was held in turn. Surprisingly got 2/4 down at the last moment but there was just no stopping Zeela the cleric.

Ah well!

Next run will be a bit different. I'm getting tired of the good guys, so I think I'll make a neutral something or other and get to recruiting people like Edwin, Kagain, Viconia, and Shar-Teel (who'll become a fighter/thief). That covers the fighter/mage/thief/healer core, so the only thing is to figure out who'll be member number five. I guess Imoen? Or maybe cheat a bit and use a mod to get Tiax or Quayle early, that'd be fun. I kinda wish I had EE, Dorn looks like a blast to use in evil runs.

Anyway, RIP Delf the Deft Elf Stalker, Should have known that Lamalha and her Amazons would take more than one skeleton to solve.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Arivia posted:

I took this screenshot because it confuses me. Where could I have met Sarevok for a second time already? After this there's Koveras and the final fight, that makes sense, but I'm lost before that.

You met Sarevok when you were younger and he first visited Candlekeep to study Alaundo's prophecies.

Tiax is neat if you have the mod that moves him to Beregost. He can summon a Ghast, which has most of the advantages of summoning a skeleton with the added bonus of being able to stun enemies. It's really overpowered in the early game, and probably still decent later on.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

OK, round... what is this? Four? Five? Archie, the "Arcane Archer". Human fighter, going to dual class into mage eventually. Head of a less-than scrupulous party.

Snagged Montaron and Xzar on the way out of Candlekeep, then headed up to the FAI and east to Peldvale to quickly snag Viconia. Montaron and Xzar sadly perished keeping the Flaming Fist dork from targeting Viconia, but it was worth it. Quicky dropped by FAI again to turn in the ring quest and help un-do some of the reputation damage Archie took. I don't plan on being a saint, but I prefer the good-guy special abilities so I want to keep my reputation positive each time a new chapter rolls around.

At Beregost I snagged Kagain and the modded early location for Tiax, and let me tell you the little megalomaniac has wormed his way into my heart. After that was Shar-Teel, and boy was I careful to crawl along the westmost screen border in Mutamin's garden up to Shar-Teel. Luckily she didn't die during the duel and she joined the group.

Then it was off to the save editor to undo some of the questionable stuff Tutu did. What is it with Tutu and dual-wielding? Shar-Teel I can kinda understand since she's dextrous and stuff and originally just had large and small swords, but Kagain and Khalid? Whatever, I said goodbye to a purist run long ago.

Edit: Oh right, I set my Thieving action to the shortcut of K (for Klepto), but it's not working for Tiax unless I already open up the f12 special ability menu. I've done this before for a thief/cleric and I could have sworn that pressing K would let me access the lockpicking/trapspringing ability even when the ability wasn't available on the base menu? Am I doing something wrong or did I just misremember?

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 14, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Update: An Egg Salad Sandwich is taking his ease at the FAI

I meet these two crazy cats on the road and decided more meatshields friends would be nice, they seem like good people too.

Sadly Morty dies to a Gibberling not long after when I sit down to refresh my spells before moving on.

On the other hand Tarnesh dies after (nearly killing) Xar so things go well for our hero!

Taliesyn
Apr 5, 2007

Mountaineer posted:

Nope. Anyone know if Sleep of Bronze has been posting at all since then?

Looking at his post history, it appears he hasn't. These threads are cursed, I tell you!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Well, I just lost my run in the worst way possible. A bugged trap. You know how they go, they go off when you're not actually standing on the trigger. And this being Durlag's, in the time it took me to try to click to disarm the trap it had gone off three times and I got blown up by lightning bolts.

gently caress.. RIP Talindra.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Taliesyn posted:

Looking at his post history, it appears he hasn't. These threads are cursed, I tell you!

It seems thematically appropriate the the thread dies right out of the gate.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Arivia posted:

Well, I just lost my run in the worst way possible. A bugged trap. You know how they go, they go off when you're not actually standing on the trigger. And this being Durlag's, in the time it took me to try to click to disarm the trap it had gone off three times and I got blown up by lightning bolts.

gently caress.. RIP Talindra.

In retrospect, I died to a bug, and bugs are an acceptable reason for reloads according to the OP. I'm going to keep playing this file as an Ironman attempt; if anyone disagrees with this please speak up.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
jesus christ this game sometimes. I was picking up Viconia in Peldvale (decided to pick her up as the parties 6th and run two clerics for the hell of it) and random encounter with Black Talon Elites killed Edwin because as they uncovered from the fog of war (in the direction I was not traveling), he was the closest to them and immediately ate 3 ice arrows before he had time to do anything.

On the other end of things, goddamn people weren't kidding about that summon undead spell, that skeletal warrior kicks rear end

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Levitate posted:

jesus christ this game sometimes. I was picking up Viconia in Peldvale (decided to pick her up as the parties 6th and run two clerics for the hell of it) and random encounter with Black Talon Elites killed Edwin because as they uncovered from the fog of war (in the direction I was not traveling), he was the closest to them and immediately ate 3 ice arrows before he had time to do anything.

On the other end of things, goddamn people weren't kidding about that summon undead spell, that skeletal warrior kicks rear end

The pause settings are your friend. Set it to enemy spotted. If you immediately back off, you usually won't activate the hostiles, which gives you plenty of time to cast buffs and maybe fling entangle and a fireball or two to start things off.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Yeah not in this case. I have it on auto pause but as soon as I unpaused it he got pincushioned. Just worked out that way this time. He wouldn't have had time to get a spell off. Maybe could have done it differently but oh well, I'm not worried about that happening to my main character, just the support characters

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Yeesh, tough luck. Yeah, sometimes the auto-pause doesn't give your dude enough time to turn around.

I'm having Archie the Arcane Archer try something different this time. After killing Dynaheir and sealing Edwin in as my sixth party member I took off for the basilisk garden again. Tiax's ghast served well until partway through Viconia got to level 5 and was able to supply her faster skeletons.

The EXP was so good that I wanted more, and the Ankheg farm wasn't far away. The flame wand in the pit is very handy, too. But the EXP wasn't enough!

So I decided to go for broke and initiate Operation: This-Is-Hardly-Better-Than-Using-The-Console-To-Give-Myself-EXP:

(thanks, auto-pause)
Kagain has fullplate, the dexterity bracers, and a +1 protection ring, and yet he still gets his face punched in half the time. No deaths yet, though, and his 20 CON makes healing a breeze. With three people with magic weapons I think I can manage!

I'll see you later when I die or get Shar-Teel and Archie up to dual classing levels, whichever occurs first.

Edit: I'm gonna call it quits on the flesh golem slaughter, this is starting to feel too dang cheezy for a hardcore run, even on my overly modded game.

Still, there's nothing like a pile of flesh golem corpses. I think this was the most I got in a row before my rest attempt actually didn't proc a random encounter and cleared the area.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 14, 2015

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Arivia posted:

In retrospect, I died to a bug, and bugs are an acceptable reason for reloads according to the OP. I'm going to keep playing this file as an Ironman attempt; if anyone disagrees with this please speak up.

You absolutely can reload from that. When BGT first came out there was a bug where the Sirine that kills a party member would always kill the hero even if he wasn't the one who initiated dialogue (or perhaps it was just whoever was party leader; I dunno).

Regardless, you can be drat sure I cheated in the Helm of whatever (defense?). Don't let bugs get in the way of your playthrough.

Also, because I am a completionist whose OCD demands clearance of all fog of war in the game, I will of course be entering the Firewine Ruins next. Should be trivial at this point; my whole group is 5-6 and I'm really just dicking around to get Coran's traps skill up to snuff so I can tackle Durlag's before I even head into Baldur's Gate.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

his 20 CON makes healing a breeze. With three people with magic weapons I think I can manage!

Something I've thought about, but never done: there's a not-well-known item you can get if you have the Idol of Kozah (I do) and...the broken armor (I'm about to): The Vampiric Longsword. Ulcaster gives it to you, but it heals the target and damages the attacker.

Kagain with Buckley's Buckler would have 21 con (he regenerates at 20 already, but 21 would make it go faster) and could just be turned into a healing battery. He'd be totally useless otherwise, but given how limited the healing options in BG1 are, that might actually be a reasonable use. Anybody done it?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
When you equip the vampiric sword, you lose control of the character until they die or (I assume) remove curse is used.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Suspicious posted:

When you equip the vampiric sword, you lose control of the character until they die or (I assume) remove curse is used.

Not in BGEE. In BGEE it's an unremovable Final Fantasy-style Healing Staff.

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots

FairGame posted:

Kagain with Buckley's Buckler would have 21 con (he regenerates at 20 already, but 21 would make it go faster) and could just be turned into a healing battery. He'd be totally useless otherwise, but given how limited the healing options in BG1 are, that might actually be a reasonable use. Anybody done it?

It's a pretty cool idea, but in practice it's more trouble than it's worth since there's plenty of healing potions in the game imo.

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

Update: An Egg Salad Sandwich is taking his ease at the FAI

I hope that Egg Salad Sandwich completes the ironrun.

Anyway, meet The Iron Skald The skald. Took the screenshot after buying some stuff from the inn.

He's already worth 200 gold.

And you can probably guess what almost happened here.

Anyway, ran around the wilderness getting to a certain encounter in the area before the gnoll fortress. An encounter with a gentlegnoll named Ingot. A gnoll, that thanks to this being Enhanced Edition, has true power.

Just imagine if that was a crit.

Mort needed a crit to hit that damage...

Ingot died, and I got his stuff. And now, his power is all mine.

Look at the might of that halberd. +2 thac0, + 6 damage. Just imagine how deadly that would be in the hands of a halberd fighter.

...Oh wait it sets attack to 1.

Perfect for a character that doesn't get more then 1 attack. Now if anything gets close to The Iron Skald, it's going to get wrecked.

Got Rasaad, went into the inn. Didn't realize the sun monk's first skill was an AoE and well...

And guys, how did you get out of the inn while being entangled?
How?

Anyway, went to the mines, killed Greywolf, and am now about to enter them to murder all the kobolds.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Well, I was going to join in, but then I discovered a glitch in my copy of BG1:EE. I cannot buy or sell items from Winthrop; they are all greyed out. Don't know what caused it, it's worked fine before. Tried new characters and verifying game cache with steam, but no success. Anyone else run into this bug?

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK
Since OP seems to have gotten killed by wolves before the second page, I can make a new updated thread for this if people are OK with that.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Well, while I can't start a new game due to the merchant bug, I did find a save that was right at the beginning of the game! So let's begin the adventures of Elan the Blade!

Or I would, if I hadn't failed to save the screenshots. Which is actually okay, as poor Elan was one-shot by that rear end in a top hat mage trying to hunt Neera in Beregost. He was at Near Death too, but unfortunately Magic Missile casts too quickly to be interrupted even by my whole team shooting at him.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Koskinator posted:

Since OP seems to have gotten killed by wolves before the second page, I can make a new updated thread for this if people are OK with that.

If you are willing to take that effort I'd say go for it. Its quite a backlog to go through at this point. Also it seems like its a cursed role. Just, you know. Underrtake at your own peril.

Joebungaloe
Apr 3, 2007
The Red Queen has officially defeated Sarevok!

Unfortunately, I apparently have been using the incorrect keystroke for screenshots in Steam, and therefore have no victory-pix :(

Anyway, this Illusionist/Thief Gnome has bloodily fought her way into:

Ironling
Purist
Librarian
Honorable
Iron Party

Of strange note is that the enhanced edition decided to spawn two copies of the monk Rasaam, both of whom were recruitable. Up until one died in Candlekeep, I had the monk twins running around karate-chopping evil.

I'll get a screencap of the lady in red here when I start BGII.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well, just to summarize mine, Jorgo the Punisher (Wizard Slayer) was killed by Gorion. Winston Smiter the III (Priest of Talos) ran into a Horror/Magic Missile from Tarnesh. Blinston Blighter the Blurd (Priest of Talos) is heading to the Gnoll Fortress, if he can ever find it.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Alright, if we're summarizing:

1.) A bunch of my guys died before reaching level 3 and aren't worth mentioning (because I can't even keep them straight)
2.) Mazus the Halfling Cleric of Helm has cleared the Cloakwood Mines and is currently loving around in the countryside with what'll be my final party. Trying to hit level 7 on my warriors (Minsc/Kivan/Coran/Yeslick) and just as importantly get Coran's Find Traps to a Durlag's-Acceptable level if he drinks a potion of insight.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My attempts summarized:

1. Dunworthy the Half-Elf Avenger died unceremoniously to Silke.
2. HULK the Half-Orc Barbarian is wandering around in Nashkel in the process of assembling his highly-trained band of fellow SMASHers (and Khalid). Probably off to sort out the gnolls next.

e. Actually, while we're at it, HULK could do with an update. Not many screenshots, apparently I'm terrible at remembering to take them. Just the one for now:

LEAVE HULK ALONE!

HULK spent some time in Beregost, visiting people in their homes while Imoen undertook some recreational lockpicking. Spiders were smashed, assassins were smashed, books were retrieved, and Marl was talked down rather than tossed through a window. (Puny Banner must have been in control then.) I'm beginning to have second, third, and tenth thoughts about this NPCS WON'T EVER SHUT UP mod, but I will persevere for now. Fortunately nothing extra-creepy, just, you know, people are chatterboxes. Especially Imoen.

TEAM SMASH went on down to Nashkel by way of High Hedge without a great deal of incident. We sorted out whatshername who attacks us in the Inn at Nashkel, picked up Minsc, and went over to the Carnival, where Jaheira mugged that dude with the stone-to-flesh scroll and we got Branwen. (I don't remember that happening before, so it must be a mod change, but it's one I favor.)

docbeard fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 15, 2015

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Yes, please start a new thread. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Airon the Half-orc Fighter/Thief died in Candlekeep Catacombs during a botched backstab attempt.
2. Lady the Elf Archer led an all-female team to victory over Sarevok, then died to Dragomir the Red shortly after starting BG2.
3. Natsume the Human Kensai defeated Sarevok with her evil pals, and will soon start BG2. The plan is to dual-class to Druid if she lives that long.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

If we're doing this, my progress so far has been:

-Jonathan Joestar: On the way to the Gnoll Fortress, died horribly to the bandit Neville's ambush in Bear River.

-Joseph Joestar: On the way to the Gnoll Fortress, hopefully not to die horribly to Neville's ambush in Bear River.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Update: An Egg Salad Sandwich is trying on some belts

Inside the inn I grab some supplies and hook up with Jaheira and Khalid; they also want to go to Nashkel and Khalid looks like a much better meatshield than that halfling who died before. I dump his corpse on the ground for someone else to clean up :clobert:

Imoen goes upstairs to see what she can find but proves that no matter what she say's she is, she is really just a chick with a bow. All those fuckin' failed to lockpicks. I wasn't game enough to try pickpocketing and I can't remember what the "special" people you can pickpocket are anyhow. She does find out there is an ogre in the area we passed through to get to the inn who may have some phat lootz though.

Yep that Khalid, what an awesome guy.

Ogre down, Khalid got knocked to 1hp but downed a potion and kept going. I am worried that my spells are kinda lovely at the moment though. I am using Chromatic Orb over Magic Missile on Sandwich at the moment because I would rather blind people than deal a little extra damage, I don't know if this is right though; as I said it's been a while since I played and when I play Pathfinder I avoid min-maxing and use thematic poo poo instead.

I HAVE MANY BELTS!
Surely nothing will go wrong if I try them all on right?

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK
All right, I've got a notepad file with updated listings through to this post.

The current count is 23 active adventurers, 4 Sarevok killers and 35 names on the Hall of Heroes register, not including the countless others mentioned in passing.

I'll get the thread up tomorrow or the day after depending on work. Open to ideas for new thread titles.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Firewine Ruins down!

Kivan stealthed and then nuked about 15 kobold commandos with the necklace of missiles. I actually got an 80 stack of fire arrows +2 out of this dungeon. That's pretty helpful!

Coran, with a potion of insight and a potion of master thievery, has 100 pick pockets. Which I guess either isn't enough, or they took away the longbow of marksmanship that one of these dudes used to have. I also accidentally initiated dialogue with one later, and it took the ancient armor and disappeared, so any hope of getting the vampire sword went away

I then headed over to do the tome of constitution stuff. With the Cleric of Helm's true sight kit ability, sirines are a cake walk. Plus I poisoned all of them with Coran and Kivan's arrows of biting. And Minsc berserked just in case.
I was actually far more worried about the lightning, and while it didn't hurt me that badly, it DID killsteal 2k xp from me :mad:

The cave itself was easy. Flesh golems have no missile resistance, and Coran and Kivan tend to melt everything in their path.

They melt things SO well that I had to be careful not to kill Shoal by accident. Timed it right, though, and got Yeslick back and the Gift of Peace helmet. That goes right on my main.

...who looks like this right now. Still haven't set foot in BG yet. I guess I'll go do the basilisk area and the ankheg farm. That should be enough for a level, at which point I'll do a quick jump over to the FAI to pick up Neera and Dorn, grab Branwen from the circus, and quickly do Dorn's quest.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Koskinator posted:

The current count is 23 active adventurers, 4 Sarevok killers and 35 names on the Hall of Heroes register, not including the countless others mentioned in passing.

I'll get the thread up tomorrow or the day after depending on work. Open to ideas for new thread titles.

Thanks for going through all the effort!

Maybe "You have read this before, you havve, maybe twice! Baldur's Gate Ironman 2015" I dunno what the character limit is, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orrfieldmedic
Oct 15, 2012

Koskinator posted:

“The first thread died to wolves. Baldur's Gate Ironman 2015”

• Locked thread