Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

davecrazy posted:

There's that LSU education.

maybe he could have pulled down some of those passes where Peyton was aiming into the heavens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

maybe he could have pulled down some of those passes where Peyton was aiming into the heavens

That implies those passes had any real air underneath them!

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks ftw

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Whoa this is awesome.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Butthead posted:

They went all in with it early in the week when it was -20 wind chill, even though all the weather reports said it would be 25 degrees by Sunday's kickoff. Once they made that decision, it was too late to back out. Except they didn't need to make loving graphics saying it was Ice Bowl II, that was just ridiculous.

Maybe there's some kind of 'All Dallas/Green Bay games played at Lambeau are Ice Bowls' thing going on here. idk it is dumb.

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Woah, that's kinda random. This dude was sitting in my section for the Carolina game.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
You know, i wonder how the officials would call it if Dez 'fell down slow'. Dez took like 3 really quick steps falling down, but what if he took like 5, 6, 7 steps and fell down at the end and lost control? Would the rulebook still say he didn't make the catch?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kubiak will remain as OC with the Ravens next season. :)

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Mister Fister posted:

You know, i wonder how the officials would call it if Dez 'fell down slow'. Dez took like 3 really quick steps falling down, but what if he took like 5, 6, 7 steps and fell down at the end and lost control? Would the rulebook still say he didn't make the catch?

Probably because he didn't make a football move. If he tucked he ball in, stumbled 6 steps forward and then reached it forward they probably wouldn't have overturned it.

Butthead
May 31, 2011

Mister Fister posted:

You know, I made fun of Dallas posters in the GDT for crying about it, but I know where they're coming from. It was a dumb rule when they applied it to Calvin Johnson, and it is a dumb rule now. Dez had control of the ball when it touched the ground and as it touched the ground. He lost control as he pulled it up after coming from the ground. Then he regained control while in the end zone. If anything, it should have been a touchdown because you are allowed to make a catch while trapping it to the ground as long as you have demonstrated control of the ball prior to trapping it. And then by the time he actually has the catch, he is in the end zone.

But it is not the refs fault. They applied the rule as it is written. Blame the NFL for the rules. And I don't feel bad for the Cowboys or Cowboys fans one bit because they shouldn't have even been playing in Lambeau.... They were gifted the game against Detroit far worse than the Packers were gifted this game. Hell, the Packers would have still had a really good chance to win had the Cowboys scored a TD.

Butthead fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 12, 2015

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Butthead posted:

You know, I made fun of Dallas posters in the GDT for crying about it, but I know where they're coming from. It was a dumb rule when they applied it to Calvin Johnson, and it is a dumb rule now. Dez had control of the ball when it touched the ground and as it touched the ground. He lost control as he pulled it up after coming from the ground. Then he regained control while in the end zone. If anything, it should have been a touchdown because you are allowed to make a catch while trapping it to the ground as long as you have demonstrated control of the ball prior to trapping it. And then by the time he actually has the catch, he is in the end zone.

But it is not the refs fault. They applied the rule as it is written. Blame the NFL for the rules. And I don't feel bad for the Cowboys or Cowboys fans one bit because they shouldn't have even been playing in Lambeau.... They were gifted the game against Detroit far worse than the Packers were gifted this game. Hell, the Packers would have still had a really good chance to win had the Cowboys scored a TD.

gently caress you. You're going to sit there and say "oh the Packers still would have won anyways if the Cowboys had scored" but then in the same post say that the Cowboys couldn't have won without the call in the Lions game? Seriously, gently caress you. There was more time left in the Lions game than there was in the Packers game and the Lions could have chosen to go for it on 4th down.

Ugh, this loving post--"Oh *our* call wouldn't have mattered, but *yours* was so bad you shouldn't even be here"

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 12, 2015

Butthead
May 31, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

gently caress you. You're going to sit there and say "oh the Packers still would have won anyways if the Cowboys had scored" but then in the same post say that the Cowboys couldn't have won without the call in the Lions game? Seriously, gently caress you. There was more time left in the Lions game than there was in the Packers game and the Lions could have chosen to go for it on 4th down.

Ugh, this loving post--"Oh *our* call wouldn't have mattered, but *yours* was so bad you shouldn't even be here"

That's fair, but I'm not talking about just the flag that was picked up in the Lions game. The NFL also admitted there was a missed flag for holding on Suh on Dallas' 4th and 6 conversion which should have made it 4th and 16. While that isn't impossible to convert, and they could have kicked the field goal, the combination of those two fuckups leads me to believe that the Cowboys should not have won that game.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Butthead posted:

That's fair, but I'm not talking about just the flag that was picked up in the Lions game. The NFL also admitted there was a missed flag for holding on Suh on Dallas' 4th and 6 conversion which should have made it 4th and 16. While that isn't impossible to convert, the combination of those two fuckups leads me to believe that the Cowboys should not have won that game.

There are like a billon missed holds in every NFL game. They also admitted to missing a bunch of calls that would have been favorable to Dallas.

Butthead
May 31, 2011

NippleFloss posted:

There are like a billon missed holds in every NFL game. They also admitted to missing a bunch of calls that would have been favorable to Dallas.

Yes but it was noteworthy for being a very blatant hold.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

That can be changed to 1994 by a good artist, right?

ChristianDB
Jun 29, 2008
This week and last have been the subjects of calls that severely alter the game. A playoff game. The offciating has been pretty wonky through the playoffs, it's unacceptable.

There was one point during denver/colts that the referee made so many mistakes on the ruling I was confused as to what down, who was charged and what was happening. These are suppose to be the "better" of the regular season officiating teams.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Go hawks

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

is that him posting that picture before or after the game? i can't tell cowboy fan emotions beyond dismissive apathy

Butthead
May 31, 2011

shiksa posted:

"Julius is different this time, I swear!"

- Packers fans after Peppers dogs it two weeks in a row after getting 2 sacks and a pick in the last game

Status update: Peppers still owns.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Honestly getting the two feet down with a secure ball should be the only football move that's needed to count as a catch. This is pretty balanced as it means more potential fumbles for the defense while helping out recievers

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

davecrazy posted:

They could win next year and he could claim it was for the season they won it

But we all know the Cowboys aren't winning another Superb Owl until Jerry Jones dies and Lucifer claims his soul for the deals he brokered in the 90's

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ChristianDB posted:

This week and last have been the subjects of calls that severely alter the game. A playoff game. The offciating has been pretty wonky through the playoffs, it's unacceptable.

There was one point during denver/colts that the referee made so many mistakes on the ruling I was confused as to what down, who was charged and what was happening. These are suppose to be the "better" of the regular season officiating teams.

I think the Broncos/Colts refs were probably the best this weekend. He kinda stumbled over his words once, but I think it was pretty well officiated even if they let some holding on both sides go a little.

Butthead
May 31, 2011

Dexo posted:

Honestly getting the two feet down with a secure ball should be the only football move that's needed to count as a catch. This is pretty balanced as it means more potential fumbles for the defense while helping out recievers

Agreed. The NFL seems to be so stubborn with this rule that it is likely every team gets hosed by it before it ever changes.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Or go Pats

Maybe Brady will gently caress off if he wins this year

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

davecrazy posted:

I hope that dude goes to L.A. and shows up as a random background actor in some sci-fi film and that tattoo ends up being the key point in an endless/pointless nerdwar about whether or not the movie takes place in an alternate universe.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

NippleFloss posted:

no you don't understand--only uncalled holds against the Cowboys affect the outcomes of games and therefore every Cowboys win is a fluke

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The Cowboys losing just as their awful fans began their "MURIKA'S TEAM" nonsense again is sports schadenfreude at its finest.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

He could add a "MY" above the world champs in flowery lettering

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Thank you whoever bought text but not an av.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Butthead
May 31, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

no you don't understand--only uncalled holds against the Cowboys affect the outcomes of games and therefore every Cowboys win is a fluke

Cmon man, nobody is saying that. You're going to have a Ross type meltdown at this rate. Let's take a deep breath and remember it's just a game in which nobody on this forum has any direct involvement in. After all, at least we're not watching soccer.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Need to get Colts and Seahawks to play games every year so Luck and Wilson can become the new Manning/Brady.

Instead of the grudge match being the AFC playoffs, they cant meet in the Super Bowl every year.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Athanatos posted:

Need to get Colts and Seahawks to play games every year so Luck and Wilson can become the new Manning/Brady.

Instead of the grudge match being the AFC playoffs, they cant meet in the Super Bowl every year.

I really don't want to face him this year, he would just pick on Maxwell or Simon and KJ Wright.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Athanatos posted:

I'm down. Next year though, I want Sherman to destroy Brady in a Super Bowl first.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

African AIDS cum posted:

I really don't want to face him this year, he would just pick on Maxwell or Simon and KJ Wright.

Pretty sure Cam Newton completed every pass aimed at Simon last night. However, if I'm remembering correctly, most of them were targeting Benjamin. There's no reason Sherman shouldn't have been shadowing Benjamin the whole game, just like he did the last time they played each other with Maxwell out. Maxie isn't great, but the guys right behind him aren't quite ready to take his spot.

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Dexo posted:

Yeah there needs to be some clear point where it's a catch. I remember being livid at the incomplete call and lost challenge against the Packers below. I mean if he took a 3rd step before being tackled/stripped would that be enough? If he had a third step that hit out of bounds while still upright, would that be enough?

I can't even recall the reason the rule went into place, I though it was to simplify calls on sideline or backline catches in the endzone (toe taps/drags). I think in that context it makes it sense.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Now that I think about it even though the Colts have a lovely line Luck is elusive as gently caress and near Rogers-level of accurate while running full speed away from an angry DB who just shed 3 lovely linemen holding him.

Feeling bad for Manning pretty much wiped my Colts bitterness, I'm gonna have to deal with a bunch more heartbreaking losses to them to start hating them again. It'll be even harder as time goes on because their roster will just keep filling up with cool ex-Ravens.

In regards to lovely catch rule it really is hard to think of why it's there. The only thing I can think of is they don't want to make it easier to award a catch in the end zone when it would be incomplete if at midfield or whatever. However if you wanna get a rule changed pissing off Jerry is a good place to start. If the Cowboys got hosed over week 1 during the ref lockout the dude probably would've dropped his bullshit saying they weren't that bad. He's an rear end in a top hat but he wants to win.

So basically we just gotta wait for it to happen to the Pats or something while Brady is still there.

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 12, 2015

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
I don't think they should change the rule. It would make it way too hard on defenses, which rely on attacking the ball to cause it to come loose. I just think they should be a bit more liberal with the definition of "a move common to the game", or at least more precise in the definition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

DancingMachine posted:

I don't think they should change the rule. It would make it way too hard on defenses, which rely on attacking the ball to cause it to come loose. I just think they should be a bit more liberal with the definition of "a move common to the game", or at least more precise in the definition.

Not really. Instead of a incomplete, Defenses would instead have the opportunity for a fumble/recovery. The only place it really helps the offense is the endzone(or in cases like Dez)

• Locked thread