Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

As a Millennial I posted:

i don't believe you

Believe whatever you want. The picture was the screen cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
to sum it up google is poo poo, sv is poo poo, and nobody wants to ride a public bus with poors

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

colbylol posted:

to sum it up google is poo poo, sv is poo poo, and nobody wants to ride a public bus with poors

California is pretty poo poo as a whole.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Those busses are actually p sweet and have good wifi

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i've never been to san francisco in my life but boy do i have opinions about it

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
buses are gently caress tarded, especially if they ride in car lanes. now trams, trams are good in my book

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i never understood the revulsion at riding the bus

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
its wiggly, slow, and often dirty as well

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

our own municipal bus system is glacial, circuitous poo poo if you're going from one suburb to another but if you need to go from your house to a place lots of people want to go, like the mall or the rink or to work, then it is good and a drat sight better than parking

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
really trams are the final solution but they do require a bit of infrastructure work

too bad the us filled their cities with freeways

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

newreply.php posted:

really trams are the final solution but they do require a bit of infrastructure work

too bad the us filled their cities with freeways

mono = one

rail = rail

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

i never understood the revulsion at riding the bus

racism.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

^well that explains it, canadians are just racist against the other language group and natives, and it's not like you can look at someone and tell with any certainty

expropriate everything and build proper light rail

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
OK, I read some articles. Poor people don't give a poo poo about the buses. Middle class people that are being inconvenienced in some way by google buses are using social equality as a reason for why we should care about whether or not google has shuttles.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you can really sniff out koolaid drinking SV cocksuckers in yospos at 100 yards now

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

i'm glad that is settled now, we can all go home

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

keyvin posted:

OK, I read some articles. Poor people don't give a poo poo about the buses. Middle class people that are being inconvenienced in some way by google buses are using social equality as a reason for why we should care about whether or not google has shuttles.

it's almost like vicarious offense is a way to get what you want

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

flakeloaf posted:

it's almost like vicarious offense is a way to get what you want

The poor have literally no voice an almost inconsequential voice in this country - unless that voice benefits someone else in some way.

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Jonny 290 posted:

you can really sniff out koolaid drinking SV cocksuckers in yospos at 100 yards now

You really need to clean the dried semen off your monitor if you can smell anything on a screen at 100 yards.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol, this fuckin guy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

keyvin posted:

You really need to clean the dried semen off your monitor if you can smell anything on a screen at 100 yards.

I smell you. because you smell like poop. and it comes through the computer

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Bloody posted:

why? the company pays taxes, which subsidize mass transit, which includes buses. why not ride the bus?

gee i wonder how many rich computer nerds are going to sign up to ride two county bus systems with at least one transfer and dozens of stops

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
Idk what this argument is about but i'm betting that guy sucks one mean rear end dick

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
the alternative to private "google bus" type coach systems isn't a hundred nerds riding county bus systems. it's a hundred nerds clogging the highway with individually driven "sports sedans"

private buses provided by employers are not the worst thing you could have on the roads

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

keyvin posted:

yes pretty much. the primary complaint is people not wanting googlers in "their" neighborhood, which is understandable but the bus thing is a stupid thing to try to make an issue out of.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the alternative to private "google bus" type coach systems isn't a hundred nerds riding county bus systems. it's a hundred nerds clogging the highway with individually driven "sports sedans"

no it's not. it's called having a work/life balance and having an apartment that isn't shared six ways by startup nerds hot bunking, so that you can loving telecommute like all good tech workers should be doing. shocker here come all the bay dorkwads saying "bbbbbbbut i like going to work and getting cafeteria food in the ball pit" yeah it's because you're renting a dryer box for $2875 a month, i wouldnt want to stay home either

the fact that we force people to clog up transit networks to show up in a different building, to write code while talking to some guy in another state on Hangouts, is shameful as fk

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
telecommuting is garbage

i like doing it myself because it's easy, and it makes me uninterruptible. i loving hate it when peers, clients, underlings etc are out of the office. it makes communication a nightmare. and gently caress hangouts forever tia

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

no it's not. it's called having a work/life balance and having an apartment that isn't shared six ways by startup nerds hot bunking, so that you can loving telecommute like all good tech workers should be doing. shocker here come all the bay dorkwads saying "bbbbbbbut i like going to work and getting cafeteria food in the ball pit" yeah it's because you're renting a dryer box for $2875 a month, i wouldnt want to stay home either

the fact that we force people to clog up transit networks to show up in a different building, to write code while talking to some guy in another state on Hangouts, is shameful as fk

u mad??

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

does anyone in the ball pit even remember local bus

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

keyvin posted:

And it prevents the city buses from operating? If so, sanfran should do something. That isn't a problem inherent with google operating shuttles.

That is what I am saying. There is nothing inherently wrong with a private company offering a bus service, but it should be complimenting the existing bus service, i.e. with public routes etc. That's all I'm saying, it can and should be managed better.

Of course that's stupid because in an Ideal world, San Francisco wouldn't be a sprawling libertarian piece of poo poo city.

Shaggar posted:

yes pretty much. the primary complaint is people not wanting googlers in "their" neighborhood, which is understandable but the bus thing is a stupid thing to try to make an issue out of.

Yea I assume the typical San Franciscan reaction to it is just petty NIMBY bullshit.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the buses were originally attacked because they were really visible symbols of gentrification - which is reasonable - but then people basically forgot their original point and actually started arguing that the buses were bad for some trifling rear end reasons

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
A New York Analogy:

*move to Williamsburg in 2007*
*drink craft beer and artisanal cocktails*
*complain about gentrification and hipsters in 2014*

black man 3
Oct 29, 2014

by XyloJW
Gentrification actually owns

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Powercrazy posted:

A New York Analogy:

*move to Williamsburg in 2013*
*drink craft beer and artisanal cocktails*
*complain about gentrification and hipsters in 2014*

tftfy

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
this never stops being relevant

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this never stops being relevant

Seems like things just get better everywhere, look at those land values!

To the MOON!!

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Reminds me of a clickhole article:

"Young man saves struggling neighborhood by replacing everyone in it."

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

Powercrazy posted:

That is what I am saying. There is nothing inherently wrong with a private company offering a bus service, but it should be complimenting the existing bus service, i.e. with public routes etc. That's all I'm saying, it can and should be managed better.

It is managed fine - the purpose is to serve google employees. If mass transit is a priority for whatever chucklefucks run S.F. they can license the ability to run shuttle services in the city at a high rate, or tax them based on number of riders. That is how public services are supposed to be funded - taxes. I do not want to live in a world where I have to depend on corporate benevolence for public services. It has nothing to do with buses, it has to do with elected officials not giving a poo poo about poor people (because they can't or don't vote).

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Dolomite posted:

sorry, i only ride upper deckers

don't post my defecation habits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Shaggar posted:

also busses are bad in general and really should be banned from roads

youre' thinking of privately owned automobiles