Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Terrible Robot posted:

lol way to read the thread there, buddy.

It's as high as I am willing to set the bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

slidebite posted:

Get rid of clutter in the garage
Organize tools, if necessary buy another tool chest
Take a multi-day trip on the motorcycle
Suck up to the inlaws so I can park my bike in their new triple car garage next winter so I can have room to move in mine
Started, but by no means completed
Nope
Nope
Yes!.... but its now winter with slick residential roads so I have to wait until it warms up enough for me to move it :(

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Mat_Drinks posted:

1. Get the 02 running and moving
2. Start making more progress in getting it's rust holes patched up and maybe get the outside painted
3. Drive it and have fun

Feeling pretty good about my progress here. It would have been nice to drive the old bucket more, but given that son #2 came in February and I built 100' of fence last summer it makes sense that I didn't drive it more.

My TIG skills are coming along too which I'll have to post about in the fabrication thread so that the truly talented TIGers can knock me down a peg.

julian assflange posted:

It's as high as I am willing to set the bar

You've got less than two weeks to get your 2015 resolution completed. Better get crackin'.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

kastein posted:

I sucked at this last year.

1. Become debt free, or at least knock out everything except the remainders of the largest student loan.
2. House actually turned into a house of sorts, with heat, and no car parts in the kitchenno dirty car parts in the kitchen.
3. All body work and suspension repairs done on Forester, plus a new carpet and drivers seat.
4. At least one jeep project "completed" (i.e. driveable in the form I want it to be in, insured, registered, inspected.)

#1 and #2 are why I'm aiming low this time around.

:suicide:

yeah well...
1. Getting drat close, cut a $12k loan to just over $6k
2. Sorta? It is mostly enclosed, no heat yet, most of the car parts are out of the kitchen
3. gently caress the forester that piece of poo poo is too rotten to fix and I am driving it into the ground
4. :lol: barely touched the jeeps. One MJ is close to driveable. Accidentally bought another 1.5 subarus, which are also not driveable but ate my project time and money.

kastein fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 21, 2015

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

e: oops

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 21, 2015

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Okay, so I guess a bunch of y'all ain't gettin' it. This is the 2015 thread, where we posted our resolutions in January and are now reflecting on them.

Wait until the fuckin' new year to post your 2016 resolutions, punks!

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

jammyozzy posted:

Get a better paying job. Not technically car stuff, but it will hopefully pay for:
Fuckin' A :yotj:

• Rebuild either my MX5 or Mini engine, Mini will be cheaper but the Mazda engine has a far better chance of going back in a working car one day.
    Nope. The Mini got donated to a neighbour, the MX5 is not sat on the driveway at my other half's while I decide what to do with it.

• Marshal at at least 3 race events.
    I forgot I even wrote this down, I should probably still do it though.

• Either fix the stupid Peugeot or sell it. Maybe fix it then sell it but ehh.
    Yes! Well, I paid a man to do it but it has new wishbones, bushings and an MOT until nextJuly. I'd like to get something else if I get some christmas money though.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

BrokenKnucklez posted:

1. Get a house with more garage space
2. Do a fix and flip
3. Welder- buy an arc and mig. (Maybe a tig)
4. I want a small tractor, but this is tied to number 1.

Edit 5: visit a goon or two along the way!

1. Yep - 3 cars and an extra parking pad
2. Nope - instead sold the V8 JJJJAAAAGGGGGG
3. Yep
4. Its not really a tractor, but its a garden tractor.

5. holdbrooks swung by, ate bbq, didn't die A+++

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Adiabatic posted:

1) Sort this damned MR2 and its janky front suspension issues
Done

2) Finish garage cabinets and consolidate all the junk in the garage
Not done but like so close dude

3) Do something with that horrid shed
Named it "Kastein's Love Shack"

4) Save $10k towards down payment in an investment property
Done

5) Help with and document at least 24 (2 per month) thread-worthy repairs on friends' vehicles in the Shadetree Mechanic's Garage.
Pretty sure we got there, folks!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
2015: Run company. Done!

For 2016:

1. Clean garage, remove civic/old truck/VW parts. Complete rearrange of garage/side room. Wood tools out to garage, metal into side room.
2. Move lathe and milling machine into garage side room.
3. Learn some manual machining techniques.
4. Continue to support old product lines, but I need to develop one new product this year for my company.
5. Not let crushing depression of current family/friend situations gently caress me up like this year.
6. Exercise and lose some loving weight. Ugh. I'm back to #245, should be at #215 or so. Bike trainer, walks at lunch, whatever. Stop eating carbs, delicious, delicious carbs.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
2015, Scroll though this tread to make sure I didn't stupidly post a chore.

Update, didn't post anything so I am free to get drunk instead of cleaning my garage, Merry Christmas suckers have fun stroking your broom.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Resist the urge to gratuitously buy a new vehicle.

Alternatively, buy a gratuitous new vehicle.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Start setting yourself up for failure in 2016 here!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Didnt set myself a bar, so no problem :D

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

1. Drift and do donuts with the STI in the snow (in an empty parking lot).
2. Sell off parts from old cars (BMW and Lotus) that are taking up space in the garage.
3. Try not to think about the new daily + track car that I plan to purchase in 2016.

1. Done!
2. Holy poo poo I'm lazy.
3. Complete failure. Not a day went by that I did not think about my next DD and track car. On a positive note I've journaled many of my thoughts throughout the year. It's fun to go back and see the progression of where my head was at on any given day.

I did drive my friend's 430 Scuderia. The world needs insanity like that. It reignited my love for batshit mid-engined cars so another supercharged Lotus shot quite high up on the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
I my resolution was that I wouldn't buy any vehicles this year.

I bought a truck AND a motorcycle.

Sometimes, failure is glorious.

• Locked thread