Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
Is there a website I can visit or a book I can get that will help me maximize my white privilege? I feel as though I'm missing out when I hear this term. I am Jewish, so not technically white (although an Oppressor nonetheless, because, like, Palestine!), but can often Pass for white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You gotta move somewhere where they don't like non-white people at all but they got lots of them, like the south, or maybe one of those European countries that freak out about Muslims all the time.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

ChairMaster posted:

You gotta move somewhere where they don't like non-white people at all

So, like any hipster neighborhood? How about Portland?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

TheImmigrant posted:

Nah if you're Jewish then maximizing your white privilege is as easy as moving to Israel.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

TheImmigrant posted:

Is there a website I can visit or a book I can get that will help me maximize my white privilege? I feel as though I'm missing out when I hear this term. I am Jewish, so not technically white (although an Oppressor nonetheless, because, like, Palestine!), but can often Pass for white.

ahah silly libtards...israel doesnt oppress palestine

menino
Jul 27, 2006

Pon De Floor

TheImmigrant posted:

You have at various times claimed to be gay and black as well. I think the overarching theme here is that you're a lying troll.

StriderVM
Aug 23, 2013
Try the Philippines.

- You're taller than just about everyone.
- They will think you're rich (Even if you're just an old man with his pension)
- You can survive on $3 a day.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

menino posted:

You have at various times claimed to be gay and black as well. I think the overarching theme here is that you're a lying troll.
:siren: Someone is being untruthful on the internet! :siren:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TheImmigrant posted:

Free Republic

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

TheImmigrant posted:

two things

1. portland is not a neighborhood, it's a city

2. the whole "privilege checking" thing is super hipstery so you're SOL there

i don't understand why the concept of white privilege has irritated you to the point of making this thread but nice meltdown i guess

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Fastest way to max your white privilege card is to indiscriminately shoot black people, OP. You guys get only 1 or 2 of those tops unless you're a cop. Actually, any kind of mass shooting should do it!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I can't wait for this forum to come full circle, soon there will be puppy avatars everywhere and unironic posts praising the Cato Institute.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Finland

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

menino posted:

I'm 6'9".

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
also, you aren't white and we can all tell so stop attempting to steal my privilege

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

menino posted:

So probably an actual white person.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Finns are definitely not white.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
You got me there

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

StriderVM posted:

Try the Philippines.

- You're taller than just about everyone.
- They will think you're rich (Even if you're just an old man with his pension)
- You can survive on $3 a day.

S/SE Asia in general isn't a bad choice for maximizing your white American privilege for at least the latter two reasons.

That said, you'll do alright here just through such simple expedients as wanting to have a decent job and live in a well-off neighborhood.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

S/SE Asia in general isn't a bad choice for maximizing your white American privilege for at least the latter two reasons.

That said, you'll do alright here just through such simple expedients as wanting to have a decent job and live in a well-off neighborhood.

be careful! i am unsure as to how "comfortable" SE asia might be, and if i can remember it's very important to you to be able to live "comfortably"

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

ChairMaster posted:

You gotta move somewhere where they don't like non-white people at all but they got lots of them, like the south, or maybe one of those European countries that freak out about Muslims all the time.

Ah yes, you mean all of them

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I recommend jaywalking as often as possible and other minor scofflawing. Then politely refuse all searches and occaisionally yell "this is bullshit" in the cop's face in the unlikely event you are approached. Enjoy likely not being beaten or killed!

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
The principality of Twitter.

Its like Sealand, but smellier

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Finns are definitely not white.

Excuse me but Finns, like Estonians, are indeed white, by virtue of being Scandinavian.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Ok first of all rolling Jewish is a noob trap. Those bonuses look fairly deck on the surface but if you compare them to the bonuses WASPs or Scots-Irish Southern Money get, you'll see that you're not getting optimal mileage out of your character points. If you're married to a Jewish start then you should start by skilling into a standard Detatched Coastal Elite build, but omit the three points in Ivy League Connections - your innate opinion malus with the Bonesmen faction means that you'll barely break even. Industry Insider is a no-brainer, Acceptably Ethnic is worth going in for a full five points, and Ivory Tower Egghead has situational uses so long as you don't mind taking a big hit to your Blue Collar Attunement.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Your Weird Uncle posted:

2. the whole "privilege checking" thing is super hipstery so you're SOL there

The privilege is checked and yet neighborhoods get whiter and whiter.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

computer parts posted:

The privilege is checked and yet neighborhoods get whiter and whiter.

That's because those neighborhoods also check credit.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_pGT8Q_tjk

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mister Adequate posted:

Excuse me but Finns, like Estonians, are indeed white, by virtue of being Scandinavian.

Our white brothers died fighting the mongol invader and now they're "Scandinavian". SMDH.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt

Your Weird Uncle posted:

be careful! i am unsure as to how "comfortable" SE asia might be, and if i can remember it's very important to you to be able to live "comfortably"

If you like banging whores, you can live real comfortably. My name is Frank, and I like banging whores.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Myself, I resolve to do one really white thing every day. Today I toasted a croissant and ate it with lemon curd. Tomorrow I may check my 401k.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
you haven't been able to really maximize it since 1863

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Anyone remember the name of that book that was released last year where the author was talking about dumb life hacks like cutting in lines everywhere and haggling over prices everywhere that were pretty much only possible because the dude was white?

I feel like that book is the manual for maximizing white privilege.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Fried Chicken posted:

that's why OP should be a neoreactionary, that way he can own slaves AND a spirit of constant innovation!

Debunk
Aug 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Maxing white privilege is commonly thought, by scrubs, to involve just maxing one stat. But Privilege exists on multiple axes, so you got several options (an as multi classing). I've never mained full Jew tho, only matrilineal-descent kind, so idk what's good this season. Gl tho

e: heard Jew was OP at one point, got nerfed Hard, then totally re-worked. So Don't go with just any old builds you find lying around

Debunk fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 6, 2015

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
You aren't in prison nor dead from police so I would say you are rocking it hard.

on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt

Fried Chicken posted:

You can still own slaves. It's still somewhat common in Africa, and in Asia, it's common for people to keep housekeepers and bangmaids in slave-like conditions and hold their passport so they can't leave.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Hell it's still perfectly legal to hire a crew of irishmen to drain your malaria filled swamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Bip Roberts posted:

Hell it's still perfectly legal to hire a crew of irishmen to drain your malaria filled swamp.

Irishmen is not the preferred nomenclature. Celtic-American please.

• Locked thread