Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
As mad as I am that half the episode is wasted on previous footage I am laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
So Larry is starting to grow on me. But only for like 5 minute segments. His black angle is mediocre and the correspondent segments have all made me cringe. He's got a chance to be good with all the ammo trump is and will continue to provide.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
So. Looking forward to this. But who did he wish happy birthday under his breath during the greeting "Happy birthday honey"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I was kinda hoping they wouldn't cut to commercial. And just watch the group hug continue. With some sort of pun of maybe a commercial ticker across the bottom. Then them all prepping for a return and being surprised that we all got to watch their antics.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
My biggest regret in life is never attending a taping.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

zakharov posted:

Always nice to see the behind the scenes staff get a long, extended shout out :)

It was all one long take!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I feel weird being able to recognize the random second dub step sound clips in commercials. (Trivecta - Believe)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Bye Jon Stewart! Musical Refrain!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

mcbexx posted:

Nate Corddry got to grind against Olivia Munn's butt during the group hug.
That alone must have been worth his short tenure as a correspondent.

Sometimes dreams come true when you least expect them.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Yeah the competitive private school thing, I was in one of those. 2.5/4.0 GPA (Post Weighting), still in the top quarter of my class. Schools like mine have whole offices dedicated to selling you to a college, and how better their students are then the other competing private schools. I'm pretty sure colleges also have their own weighting based on those working relationships; Eg, a 3.4 student from my school has nearly double the chance of getting into Stanford then a 4.2 student at the top public school in the state.

As far as income. The best colleges have caps for how many wealthy kids they can admit and how many poor kids they need at a minimum. Just like they need a curve of ethnicity. Harvard can't accept just rich white kids, if they did than all the other snobby schools would judge them despite wanting to do the same.

Pretty much to sum it up education in America is a black hole for your money.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I got distracted from Hillary by the All Your Base joke in the scroll.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
So Noah for me has hit the point where I appreciate his comedy enough to put up with episodes that don't land.

The Twee girl accent followed by the disclaimer announcer voice were just great. For me at least confirmations that he can really do some unique things when there is a script for it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Jax-Guy1 posted:

God, I love Brie Larson.

First time I saw her was in Short Term 12 and she blew me away. I hadn't even heard of The Room until tonight. Now I plan on seeing it.

Jordan Kepler nailing it.

Daily Show us firing on all cylinders in my opinion.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
So Rand Paul on tonight's nightly. Episode hasn't aired yet but I'm just going to place my bet here: it's awkward an a great swan song for his campaign.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I was really hoping Trevor had an official Yakety Sax Cruz segment

Might win the fan submission slot though. Or Too many Cruz's? So many possibilities.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Rhonne posted:

Can I just throw a brick at him?

Maybe? Are you from Kentucky?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I'm a strong supporter of the second amendment, but I hate how the "good guy with a gun" people try to defend it. Although I'm a Vet so my concepts might be a little skewed? My stance is shared by all of my gun owning friends. And that is that:

During an attack, help others escape. You are there in a defensive capacity. If you can't escape find a defensible location and hunker down until SWAT arrives and clears. Your job is to protect people, not to go rainbow six on terrorists with assault rifles.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
HBO isn't the small audience they used to be. GOT was a brilliant stroke that they've used to spring into many more potential customer/revenue streams. Colbert and TDS both get good viewership. Yes a network can be unhappy about a low % but they're far more targeted with content, ads, and youtube clips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Daily Show 2016: Colbert Show Pregame - Quality Comedy Delivery

• Locked thread