Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

jojoinnit posted:

Isn't American Christianity mostly protestant though?

Even the Catholics in the US are pretty protestant-like. And there are more protestants overall, but if you go down to denomination, then Roman Catholics form the biggest one, according to Wikipedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

Justin_Brett posted:

Yeah I mean, it's stupid, but this isn't exactly an issue unique to politics I would think.

Sometimes they like to end the week on a light note. But yeah, pretty tame.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
Well, it looks like Larry won't be baby-birded. I guess I'm now hoping for a Wisconsin win to have a Knightly show instead of a spandex one.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
Larry Wilmore's Blerd off against Neil deGrasse Tyson. I was hoping for something better, like Colbert when he nerded out on stuff, I don't know why. The joke wears thin very quickly. Disappointing.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

Winkie01 posted:

Stewbeef dies Aug, 6th RIP

It will be on the 70th anniversary of Hiroshima's bombing. I wonder if they'll use that in some way...

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
OK, I tried, but I couldn't finish this Nightly Show. The panel killed me, and not it a good "dying of laughter" way. :ughh:

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
Just because I posted it on the Late Night thread, where Colbert shall be in 3 months...

Jorghnassen posted:

Someone's beard made the cover of Homeless Sea Captain Monthly. Also, look at this new YouTube channel (and app, and Twitter account).

I missed Colbert.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

Dr. Citan Uzuki posted:

God, Olivia Munn was just so awful...

Rewatching the Tiger Mom bit, which was probably her best, yeah, it doesn't hold up as well as I remembered...

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

Steve Vader posted:

The Daily Show Podcast Without Jon Stewart - Now With Jon Stewart.

Kind of completely useless. All he does is talk about food because it's hilarious to waste half an hour talking about breakfast and lunch practices at the show when everyone expects something more substantive.

It's like you shouldn't get an old Jewish man to talk about food.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords
Nightly Show renewed for a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

WFGuy posted:

Non-US goons: is it just me, or has CC suddenly turned a lot more diligent in preventing international use of their site?

You seem to be correct, my previously reliable "Modify Headers" add-on no longer seems to work. Oh well, back to good ol' :filez: for me, I guess. Though that will make @midnight harder to get...

• Locked thread