Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I like the Nightly Show and it's a welcome change from Colbert, which I miss greatly.

But that anti-vaxxer pissed me off so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Wilmore has been crushing it lately. The show had gotten off to a rocky start but it's clear when he talks about the issues that matter to him (inequality, racism), he absolutely shines.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I started watching on the very first episode with Craig Kilborn so I would love to see him show up.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Good god, Daily Show in the 90s has not aged well.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I see a drum set.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

SoupyTwist posted:

Kilborn got just the amount of time he deserved.

Kilborn ruled. :colbert:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I love Colbert so much.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
That's quite a beautiful segment.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Tatum Girlparts posted:

this is what i needed after the debates :unsmith:

Oh god I didn't watch the debates....how'd they go?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

M_Gargantua posted:

My biggest regret in life is never attending a taping.

How do you think I feel? I LIVE in NYC and never went to a taping.

Saw Colbert a few times though.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm gonna miss Jon Stewart.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I like @midnight but only when funny comedians are on it. Which is only sometimes.

Jiro posted:

Larry needs your views he's amazing. :colbert:

Larry started off weak (which should be expected for any show--remember Stewart sucked in 1999 too) but he's really been killing it lately.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Strobe posted:

Ron Funchess is usually pretty good. These ones are... not good.

Ron Funches is usually funny on this show, and so is Whitney Cummings. The two times Jim Norton was on were both great too.

EDIT: Nikki Glazer too.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
So holy poo poo, I just read about Wyatt Cenac's comments not too long ago. I totally didn't get why his segment on the show was so awkward but now I get it in context.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Grand Fromage posted:

That was the joke but also Wyatt has said people took his interview wildly out of proportion and there is no actual bad blood between them at all.

I'm sure they patched things up but after hearing the actual interview and hearing Wyatt talk about it, it's pretty obvious there was at least a little bit of bad blood there. I imagine he's saying "the media is blowing it out of proportion" because they're cool now and he doesn't want to piss on Jon's final days.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Really looking forward to Trevor's Daily Show. I started with Kilborn (since the very first episode!) and I was there for Jon Stewart's transition, so this one will be just as fun to witness.

Also I think I'm the only person in the universe that likes The Nightly Show.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I love the new opening graphics.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Yep, Trevor is going to be just fine.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Trevor has a little bit more venom in his jokes than Jon. The Whitney Houston and California jokes were kinds I wouldn't think to hear Jon say.

Still, I remember when Jon took over for Craig, he pretty much kept the format the same in the beginning (for years, in fact). I wonder how Trevor will change the show over time.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Jon had a whole segment where a guy ran around wasting water cackling about the drought in California.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I know I've defended the Nightly Show before, and I still like it and I still like Larry (and Mike Yard, he's funny).

But that Bill Nye panel was just loving awful and inexcusable.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

VagueRant posted:

Phew, that episode was a lot stronger than the last. Trevor's take on Monopoly was funny, they had way better material for tearing into the world's worst brain surgeon and Hassan's segment was really interesting and had a great ending. And Trevor only did the giggle thing once!

Maddow interview was basically fun too, but I find her disingenuous and don't like her much, so...

Did we watch the same episode? I think I completely missed the Monopoly thing.

I LOVED Trevor's subtle throwback in his joke to Murdoch about Twitter though. That was great and made me laugh out loud at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Dr Christmas posted:

Trump supporters are fascist pricks, racist shitheads, and the biggest goddamn idiots on the face of the planet. I'm just calling it like I see it, sorry that I'm not sorry that it offends your delicate politically correct sensibilities. Go cry in your safe space if that offends you.

The worst part of that whole thing is you KNOW it wasn't edited to make them look that way. That is just awful.

• Locked thread