Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
See, this is how Jon should always have countered these idiotic republican talking points.

"No." "Nah." "Nope."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

I wonder how that dumbass hypothetical with the "two good ol' boys in a pickup truck" would've been responded to by the host of the next show.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

Booker/Kweli 2016

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

This format only works when you have Cornel West and a supremely drunk Michael Ware.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

Life has inherent risk!

*snips umbilical cord, rolls baby into traffic*

When she was asked if her kids wore helmets while biking, did she say "absolutely!" or "absolutely not!"?

This was all around kind of an embarrassing segment. At least everyone seemed to agree she was a dangerous nut. At least I hope that's what all those awkward silences were suggesting.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

The Daily Show with Joe Scarborough.

Let the world burn.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

All this Britishness is making me wonder what Eddie Izzard is up to. Can we have two British accented media crit shows?

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

I'm throwing my inconsequential vote behind Ben Mankiewicz of The Young Turks (he's not the berzerker oaf that Cenk, the main host, is). While it would do nothing for diversity in late night programming, it would probably be the most seamless transition imaginable, because Mankiewicz and Stewart have eerily similar personalities, able to go back and forth between engaging, intimate storytelling and blow-your-hair-back righteous anger. And obviously he's already as educated about, and fluent in, politics as you can get.

But then part of me wants him to stay at TYT because I love that show as is.

Fugelsang, however, is the right wing's caricature of a smug liberal shithead come to life. He causes me physical pain when he's on tv. Please god not him. But mention of him reminds me of Stephanie Miller, who is another possibility. Her current show is abysmal but she's capable of being great.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

Let's take a moment to note that this woman is employed by CNN.

Between her and that bowl-headed dipshit Ben Ferguson, that place manages to find worse people than Fox.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

Wait I think I know who I want to host now.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

I'm glad someone dredged Nick DiPaolo up from whatever hole he'd been in just to remind me he's a piece of poo poo. He looked like he was going to murder Liz Winstead -- and I don't think she was even aware of the rage daggers coming from his eyes.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

Even though he was referring to the pre-election process, it was pretty funny and prophetic to hear Jon say, in Nov 1999, that Bush was "magically selected to be president."

edit: naked bongo Jon sighting

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

Oh man do I miss the days before social media. Actress comes on after clip from her show (E/R) is played. First thing she says is, "That guy in that scene with me SMELLED SO BAD IT WAS AWFUL."

Even apart from that, though, I've been trying unsuccessfully to put my finger on what's so different about the feel of this show back around this time. Not so much the show itself but the way people interact with each other in conversation during the interviews. Maybe it's the absence of social media, I dunno. Something just feels ... insulated. Hard to articulate.

And I'd forgotten how much I missed Public Excess and Al Greenwood The Mattress King.

e: bedspread king not mattress king, how dare I

Von Sloneker fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 29, 2015

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

Earlier during a Bill Maher interview, unless I misunderstood something, I'm pretty sure Stewart and Maher agreed they would vote for McCain (unless they were talking about having to choose between repub candidates). That was odd.

Oh god the I KISS YOU guy.

Von Sloneker fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jun 29, 2015

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

This is so much better than I was expecting and I loved every analogy he used in the opening.

For some reason I'd always seen Noah as kind of aloof, even in that Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee episode, but I'm getting none of that now.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

Astro Nut posted:

The Fox News/Captain America controversy is hilarious on several levels though. First is that they're probably gone and given the issue a bunch of free publicity. Second is that it just exposes how lacking their awareness of the character really is. The Sons of the Serpent aren't 'new' enemies in any sense of the word, and have been racist towards foreigners since their inception. I bet they only knew about the Hitler punching cover due to watching the film.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/07/17/the_batman_campaign

quote:

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Have you heard this new movie, the Batman movie, what is it, The Dark Knight Lights Up or whatever the name is. That's right, Dark Knight Rises. Lights Up, same thing. Do you know the name of the villain in this movie? Bane. The villain in The Dark Knight Rises is named Bane, B-a-n-e. What is the name of the venture capital firm that Romney ran and around which there's now this make-believe controversy? Bain. The movie has been in the works for a long time. The release date's been known, summer 2012 for a long time. Do you think that it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire breathing four eyed whatever it is villain in this movie is named Bane?

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

I so love the term "abortionist." It sounds like someone who straps on a suicide vest and races into a uterus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

ohhhh

• Locked thread