Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
I can't imagine a world where this show lasts more than a year, the panel discussion format is a horrible idea and has been painfully unfunny. Not in a "jokes aren't landing" way, in a "these people think they are on MSNBC" way.

It'd be a fine show there, but it doesn't make sense on this network in this timeslot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

Winkie01 posted:

Maybe the format is a 1 time thing? I got a hard time believing they can get this many people to show up 4 times a week

I kind of hope so - that last segment was actually kind of funny, and I'd like to see more like that. The middle part was horrible.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

JohnSherman posted:

That said, The Daily Show with Jessica Williams would own.

This is what I want more than anything in the world.

Even disregarding the notable facts that she's both black AND a woman, she's been the funniest person on the show for a year. except when kristen schaal shows up

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
This is the funniest thing that's been on The Nightly Show, and that's just because Mike Tyson is inherently hilarious.

Like, to the point that I want them to make The Nightly Show with Mike Tyson.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

AVClub really went downhill after all of their good reviewers left for The Dissolve, but that's... that's really something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I really loved that segment. First one for me that's gone past "it's nice to have the daily show back" to being impressed.

• Locked thread