Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Now, I haven't watched a whole lot of his show, but is it just me or does he seem to lack the sort of energy and enthusiasm that Jon John and Colbert brought to the format?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd love his thick accent on the daily show and I think the viewers of the daily show wouldn't mind, as another bonus it would enrage fox news just that bit more, and it would be such a fitting place for him to go after the egyptian daily show was forcefully ended.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

spronk posted:

Actually another actress is playing Sam Bee on Jason's new show

Ok that sounds like it's going to be funny.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I can only see myself tuning in if Bassem Youseff gets to host it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's not about the color of their skin, it's about whether or not the person is funny.

Larry isn't funny.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They just started Newz 4 Kidz, that segment is my oldest memory of the Daily Show when I was just a kid, mainly because the segment was about the movie rating system and the increasing amount of nudity they showed during the segment, which stuck in my head.

I might of missed that movie rating segment though on the stream.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Watching these old daily shows, I can see why he wants out and why it's aging him so fast, the stories today are the exact same depressing stories from 17 years ago, it's eerie and sad.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Daily show with Jon Steward 4th Anniversary! :yotj:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's a bit sad that at the end of this you know what the next 8 years are going to be like for the world, but think of it this way, without the wake up call that was president bush 2, there most likely of not been a black man in the whitehouse or soon a woman.

Dear god just let it not be Bush 3.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I either didn't hear about it or forgot about the subliminal anti gore ad.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
We just hit the moment where the gray in his hair starts to -really- come in.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
He is so depressed right after the supreme court called it for bush and it's making me depressed watching it.

It's also annoying because since Bush left and started to paint his feet I completely forgot the permanent dumb look on his face with those beady little eyes, and now they are reminding me about him and everything that happened.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jul 2, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Anyone else get some weird glitchy video around the end of the square watermelon bit?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor of california? oh what a silly absurd notion, that will never happen.

Also Bush likes the cut of this Vladimer Putins guys gib.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 3, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Something I don't quite understand, to what benefit is it for them to try and region lock their videos and make anyone outside the US use a workaround?

Do the advertisers only pay them for US viewers so they lock out everyone else?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

raditts posted:

Is Trump like legit mentally ill or something

He is a National Treasure is what he is.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

IRQ posted:

Well we know who got the comedy in the settlement.

:iceburn:

I tried watching Larry again, when he does stories he cares about he seems worth watching, but then you get one where he laughs at all his own jokes and every chuckle to himself eats away at me.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 22, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If Larry would just stop chuckling at his own jokes constantly, I think I could watch it, but something I can't explain just irks me when he does that over and over, especially when the joke itself isn't very funny.

Also they haven't learned that if you have a opening monologue going over what your covering, you can't do the joke where you pretend you don't know what wacky thing is coming up, because you just covered it in the monologue 5 minutes earlier.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jul 31, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I just love the fact that Jon is literally going to a farm upstate to retire, where he will get to play with all the other animals.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, Trevor is a bit of a unknown to me, he appeared once or twice and there has been little mention of him, I suppose they want to have the final episodes have a focus on Jon instead of the new guy and don't want him to distract from that?

Still woulda liked the guy from the egyptian daily show.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Regardless of Trevor being inexperienced still, he is a lot more interesting to watch then Larry already.

Case in point, I don't think anyone has mentioned Larry or any standout segments for the last dozen pages.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Regardless of Trevor being inexperienced still, he is a lot more interesting to watch then Larry already.

Case in point, I don't think anyone has mentioned Larry or any standout segments for the last dozen pages.

Oh hey, people talking about a Larry segment now, let's see what it's about.

That is a lot of dislikes.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Chromatic posted:

I feel it's worth pointing out that the 2 people that everyone hates are writers from the show. You get a firsthand look on why Wilmore and his show are so bad.

That does make a lot of sense.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Echo Chamber posted:

I personally can't wait for The Daily Show when Jeb! gets so desperate that his campaign drags Dubya back into the spotlight to campaign for him.

I'm pretty sure George is going to just be hidden away and painting his feet for the foreseeable future.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I liked that in a recent interview some Ex-presidents came up, Stewart brought up that Jimmy is building homes for people, Clinton is removing worms from childrens feet in africa, and Bush is painting himself in the bathtub.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The daily shows jokes and material been falling a bit flat for me recently, but man, that last segment.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Trumps went from something to laugh at to something to be disgusted by, it's stuff you'd expect to be happening in 1815 not 2015.

Afraid to ask... is Trump doing better or worse in the polls now?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 9, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Sorta surprised there has been no mention of Trump wanting to talk to Bill Gates to close off the internet, which my mind still has trouble comprending that I didn't read a onion article by accident.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Decided to give the Nightly Show another shot, but Larry's delivery still seems to be incredibly awkward. I'll work my way through the rest of this week's shows, but that "Spit-Take" soda bit was amazingly unfunny with the audience barely even reacting. And Jesus Christ, Ricky Velez...

/edit:
Mike Yard I can still get behind

Okay, the "gently caress Trump" bit was actually pretty funny and on point.

The Spit-take soda bit, it was really telegraphed that he wouldn't spit it, but all he had to say was *mmm that's good soda* he didn't need to spend half a minute explaining why the joke was supposed to be funny because of not spitting the spit take soda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The trump supporters made me cringe a bit.

• Locked thread