Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I liked it. I'll give it a fair shot. Having the graphic in the lower corner was a little distracting though, since it caused my eyes to focus on his hands, and how they barely moved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Awwwwwww :3: the kid with the graduation speech sounded so nervous but he was so adorable.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Someone do some math and figure out when 9/10 happens, I would love to watch it and then watch the subsequent ones.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

swickles posted:

Numerous people already have.

I don't see it?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
sometimes I have daydreams of a mediocre Gore presidency and it makes me sad.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
this Kathie Lee Gifford segment is appropriately dark in the context of 9/11 happening less than a year later.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/r9g00t/mourning-television

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I remember in like January 2001, right after Bush took office, there was some sort of environmental issue or another (an oil spill?), and Jon made a joke about how bad the next 4 years were going to be if hell is already breaking loose.

This entire Month of Zen so far has been so retroactively unsettling.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
NEW HORIZONS MOMENT OF ZEN THAT WAS REALLY NEAT

e: The moment of zen that just played was announcing the launching of New Horizons. It was really neat that today of all days is when it played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Chromatic posted:

Stewart is just done and wants to slide graciously into whatever is next and/or retirement.
He recently bought a farm in New Jersey so he can care for rescued animals :3:

• Locked thread