Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will the Nightly Show be like?
This poll is closed.
A news parody, like the Daily Show 15 13.27%
A pundit satire, like the Colbert Report 7 6.19%
Something else entirely 91 80.53%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I was surprised Rubio's dumb counter-argument to Jon bringing up seatbelt laws as an analogy for the ACA was "but that's a health issue!" instead of something like "putting on a seatbelt doesn't cost taxpayers anything." It would have been somewhat valid and wouldn't have left him wide open for Jon mocking him for not thinking loving health care is a health issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I just found out a friend of mine is anti-abortion-rights. :( Ironically she volunteers at a rape crisis center and is fairly pro-feminism. She's just pretty naive and her dad is a typical bigoted religious South Carolina conservative. I don't want to belabor the issue but I keep trying to figure out how to explain to her that being pro-choice has nothing to do with "pro-abortion," it's about giving women access to have the procedure safely instead of severely risking their lives when they do it anyway.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Conservatives constantly deriding intelligence and education never ceases to infuriate me. What a fucker.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Man I miss the Reddit thread, I almost want to know which MRA idiots were talking about this.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hahaha does anybody know that Brownback guy's justification for allowing gays to be fired or harassed? How can it be anything other than "gays ew"? Or was he just too cowardly to release a statement with his order?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I've missed a few weeks, has Jon addressed on air the fact that he's leaving yet?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

"There's 'only' a 40% percent chance that last year was the hottest year ever loving recorded."

Like holy poo poo, that should be alarming to normal people. What about the odds that it was in the top two? Top five? That's still loving serious. Idiots like him are going to be the death of the human race.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Gonna say the same thing I said about this last year-- You hear conservatives talk all the time about being the party of charity and morality, yet you don't see any huge events like this coming from that side.

Winkie01 posted:

Kinda hard to blame him, the real idiots are the voters.
Not that hard. Lie a bunch to get backers to get into office, continue lying once you're there to convince dumb voters to keep you in power. :words: "But both sides do it!" yeah sure but don't act like lying about science, welfare, and health care isn't significantly more destructive to people.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

We all knew they'd do something like this but man it's so great to see :unsmith:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Josh Gad unbearable as ever.

swickles posted:

If there isn't an Even Stephen I will cry.
They have to be saving him for last

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

:siren: BIGG RIGG :siren:

e: ahahahahahhahhaahhahhaa

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

hcreight posted:

They've gotta be close to running out of correspondents.
Helms and Colbert, right?

edit: welp

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hazo posted:

Helms and Colbert, right?

hcreight posted:

Cenac and Oliver too.
:getin:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Lord Lambeth posted:

The Samantha Bee bit where she tried to get republicans to say the word choice will forever be my favorite Daily Show moment.
I really enjoyed the John Oliver bits where they went to the RNC convention at a luxury resort in Hawaii-- which was at the time using the ACA model for health care-- and let a ton of conservatives complain about fiscal responsibility and the horrors of expanded healthcare.

edit: Found it. Linking to DailyKOS is easier than linking to each video individually.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 8, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

IRQ posted:

Has anyone actually seen a selfie stick in the wild?
Lots of tourists, vacationers, and college kids here so yes. I also consciously refer to it as "in the wild" because it seems like the most appropriate way.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 28, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Kept Dog on Fire, so far a-ok with me.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Steve Vader posted:

The line comparing watching football for Star Wars to chewing through the box to get to a pizza was a good 'un.
The new title of the CineD Star Wars thread comes from somebody sincerely asking if halftime occurred once both teams hit a certain number of points.

The part of the thread that happened during the first half was the funniest it's been in months.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

raditts posted:

I need a link to this.
I just went back to find it:

Emerson Cod posted:

How long until half time? Is it at a certain point threshold or something?

The hilarious GDT portion of the thread when TFF shows up starts around that same page.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 21, 2015

• Locked thread