Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The clubroom conversation is my favorite part of every episode and this one did not disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Gnossiennes posted:

I didn't get the Over the Top reference,

There was an arm wrestling competition and one character yells out, in English, "Over the Top" there wasn't much to NOT get

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

AnacondaHL posted:

There was an arm wrestling competition and one character yells out, in English, "Over the Top" there wasn't much to NOT get

I mean I haven't seen Over the Top so I didn't get it until it was referenced here v:shobon:v

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Devil Tesla posted:

If I get home and watch this anime and there aren't boys kissing everywhere I'm going to be angry at all of you.

Y'all are fired, a bunch of gay panic jokes doesn't make something actually queer. That was still a good episode tho.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Did anyone get the references in this episode when they were making jokes about old-faced characters?
I didn't get any of them and now I feel like someone's going to confiscate my weaboo card.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The_White_Crane posted:

Did anyone get the references in this episode when they were making jokes about old-faced characters?
I didn't get any of them and now I feel like someone's going to confiscate my weaboo card.

I caught Fist of the North Star (Kenshiro) and Monile Suit Gundam (Kai Shiden).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Gundam reference was to Ryu (he's the only VA they name). Also Science Ninja Team refers to the original Gatchaman. Couldn't google the first reference or the miso commercial comment.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The_White_Crane posted:

Magical boy anime is into manlier shows than you are. Also part of the joke is that they were being super vague, as the way copyrights work in Japan means all anime do stuff like that.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That was a good episode. I expect them to mix up the formula at some point but it was still pretty cool just having a dumb gimmick episode.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I cracked up when all the transformations and attacks had baby versions.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

According to my calculations, the main anime characters were nude for 69.69% of their screen-time this episode. Get this smut off the air.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

AnacondaHL posted:

According to my calculations, the main anime characters were nude for 69.69% of their screen-time this episode. Get this smut off the air.

I only counted 69.420%, what was the .17% I missed?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Senerio posted:

I only counted 69.420%, what was the .17% I missed?
Was it this:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This week's episode was pretty fun. Are the photography club a third faction, led by the Goldfish? I also liked the off-hand way they treated the MOTW.

Looking forward to next week. Sulfur is great so a Sulfur episode should be great.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Senerio posted:

This week's episode was pretty fun. Are the photography club a third faction, led by the Goldfish? I also liked the off-hand way they treated the MOTW.

Looking forward to next week. Sulfur is great so a Sulfur episode should be great.
Yeah, that definitely was a fun episode all around (especially with the continuing 'Weekend at Bernie'-esque adventures with the teacher's corpse) but I felt like I missed out on some joke with the monster for the week. I understood the remote control gimmick to some degree but why was he a squid? I assume it was some pun I was missing out on.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This week was pretty great. Heavy focus on Pearl, Scarlet's brother gets a character trait, and the teams finally meet! I'm excited for next week's Summer Camp episode.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I get the sense that no one is watching anymore, which is reasonable considering that all the best stuff was in the first episode anyway. However, if this show can keep up with incredible stuff like he just likes chopping wood and so ticklish, you're playing right into the enemy's strengths! I think I'll stick with this dumb show.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, it's a shame because I'm loving this show every week.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I like watching it, but the past couple episodes felt weak in comparison. Introducing the Press Club kinda excused one, but this week didn't do much for me humor wise and the character moment, while appreciated, was kinda shallow. A lot of good stuff for the overarching plot happened though. Might just be me but it seemed like SC President shot a glare specifically at En, possibly relating to En ruining his friendship?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

dogsicle posted:

Might just be me but it seemed like SC President shot a glare specifically at En, possibly relating to En ruining his friendship?

According to the Bios I found from the official site, President hates Cerulean for taking Epinard from him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I mean, it's a fun show, the Older Brother was hilarious when they questioned him, but it's mostly a popcorn thing for me, not gonna discuss about it and stuff but i'll still enjoy it every week.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Senerio posted:

According to the Bios I found from the official site, President hates Cerulean for taking Epinard from him.

Who wouldn't choose Cerulean though? :swoon:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I mean, it's a fun show, the Older Brother was hilarious when they questioned him, but it's mostly a popcorn thing for me, not gonna discuss about it and stuff but i'll still enjoy it every week.

This is kinda where I am (well actually I'm behind one episode but w/e); it's funny and I laugh a bunch, but have a hard time really coming up with much to say about it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I toss my little pseudo-review posts out every week to just mention the stuff I liked. I kinda fell behind on editing the monsters into the OP, but nobody commented on it so I assumed nobody cared. Especially since Episode 3's monster was Love.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
I'm still watching and enjoying this with my friends. It's lighthearted satire and pretty great.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh, because I forgot to link it, the full OP and ED are out!

The OP is sung by the Battle Lovers, while the ED is sung by the Rulers of this Blue Earth, Caerula Adamas.

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008
So is the shot of Yumoto holding up his lovracelet in the OP (the one right before the shot of them silhouetted in Sailor Moon poses) a kamen rider reference?
Because it feels like a Kamen Rider reference.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
This anime is very good.

Thank you fujoshis for creating a market for a magical twink anime.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Okay the whole plot revolving around someone Io's toothbrush was loving fantastic and all the panic and turmoil it caused in the group was fabulous, definitely the strongest episode yet, specially when they loving killed the teacher all over again after he finally rose from the dead.
Next episode looks promising now that the bad dude is actively going on with the hate of having his old friend stolen or whatever.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Okay the whole plot revolving around someone Io's toothbrush was loving fantastic.

That was so great. I figured who it was from the start but at the same time I wasn't 100%!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Senerio posted:

That was so great. I figured who it was from the start but at the same time I wasn't 100%!

I honestly went back and forth with the first two suspects for the exact reasons they had mentioned.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I was torn between Scarlet and Cerulean for most of the episode because those two seemed most likely to do it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode 8's monster was the cutest one so far :3 I liked how this episode mixed things up with the battle and it was nice to see them actually do a little fighting.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We're getting into the final stretch of this show and it owns even more than usual, hurray!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

We're getting into the final stretch of this show and it owns even more than usual, hurray!

Final stretch? Aw man, I thought it was gonna be 24. Ah well, it is reaching some good stuff.

Episode 8 was surprisingly exciting, the battle was legit as hell and the insert song really ramped things up.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

At this rate the last episode is gonna have all 5 guys holding the love stick for the final attack.

Well those were certainly words that I used to form a sentence.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Yeah, I'm in pretty desperate need for a copy of that song because it makes everything a billion times better.

Also SPONTANEOUS LOVE MAKING!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMx8RmPAdTU Here ya go!

This episode was fun, and a nice spin on the formula, getting the monster introduced early.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also, I took the only screencap we need from this episode:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
New episode!

Didn't even need to fight the monster this time, power of love prevails.

• Locked thread