Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope that this show is very good and that all the boys kiss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This show's first episode introduced the five main characters, the mascot, the week's person in peril, and previewed the villains while still managing to feel breezy instead of overstuffed. And, in the end, it was actually about an oden ingredient. Bliss.

devtesla fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 7, 2015

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

WitchFetish posted:

So, which one are you guys gonna claim as your husbando?

Yumoto by process of elimination, as Atsushi and En clearly need each other and with Io making the money and Ryu getting the girls they are clearly also a couple.

Sakurazuka posted:

So, who else had to Wikipedia chikuwabu?

Everything I needed to know about chikuwabu I learned in this episode.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Srice posted:

(and I believe one of the Gintama writers is doing the writing here).

Series Composition is by Michiko Yokote, which is a pen name for a group of women who've done everything from Princess Tutu to Patlabor. They're real vets, and seem to have started doing more and more original stuff like this and last season's SHIRO BAKO.

Both the director and writer are perfect for this show, basically.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Amstrad posted:

It's going to be real interesting to see how this show justifies its existence past the first episode. It's really rushed through a lot of the established tropes for magical girl shows already.

They'll do it by being more than just a bunch of tropes over and over, obviously.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

No need, I changed my mind after the older brother showed up.

Literally all we've seen him do is chop wood.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

I'd also like to see different extended transformation sequences so they all eventually have one, hope it's not just the team captains that get one.

According to the preview next episode is focused on Cerulean, so if there is one we'll see it then.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If I get home and watch this anime and there aren't boys kissing everywhere I'm going to be angry at all of you.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Devil Tesla posted:

If I get home and watch this anime and there aren't boys kissing everywhere I'm going to be angry at all of you.

Y'all are fired, a bunch of gay panic jokes doesn't make something actually queer. That was still a good episode tho.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The_White_Crane posted:

Did anyone get the references in this episode when they were making jokes about old-faced characters?
I didn't get any of them and now I feel like someone's going to confiscate my weaboo card.

Magical boy anime is into manlier shows than you are. Also part of the joke is that they were being super vague, as the way copyrights work in Japan means all anime do stuff like that.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That was a good episode. I expect them to mix up the formula at some point but it was still pretty cool just having a dumb gimmick episode.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I get the sense that no one is watching anymore, which is reasonable considering that all the best stuff was in the first episode anyway. However, if this show can keep up with incredible stuff like he just likes chopping wood and so ticklish, you're playing right into the enemy's strengths! I think I'll stick with this dumb show.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We're getting into the final stretch of this show and it owns even more than usual, hurray!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh god all of that owned. More that please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The wrongest post. Maybe if every episode was as good as the last two it would feel done, but not as is.

• Locked thread